The Great AGR Tank Mystery-- help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmrdave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Irving, TX
Same leaky problem with my new AGR Tank and is definitely due to the sloppy fitting inner o rings. I left my tank upside down in a shot glass over night and all the juice leaked out right past the o ring. The spare o rings I have for my pyrex tanks are too thick and I'm not willing to purchase DCT tanks just to cannibalize them. Found this site: http://www.applerubber.com/products/o-rings.cfm. Anyone know which o ring material is the best/safest to use in tanks? And what size are the DCT tanks o rings or a size that gives a good seal?
The materials they have listed are Viton, Nitrile, Ethylene-Propylene, Fluorosilicone, Silicone, and Neoprene.

I went back to Applerubbers site and not sure if they sell retail. Maybe something from this site would be suitable Orings and More
My guess is that the maker is using different sized o-rings during production. I leave mine sitting on top of my Provari and since switching to one-holed cartos I haven't had any leaks. I'm beginning to think I got lucky, but I do agree that the o-ring in the bottom cap isn't tight enough for my preferences.

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
I have 2 of the AGR's and have had nothing but great vaping success with both. No leaking, no flooding, nothing but lots of vapor and great taste.

Sorry others have had problems. I'm looking to pick up a few more of these soon.

Same here I have 1 with 3 on the way, but just saying that isn't going to be helpful. Let me find the site with the dct o-rings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jerryo100

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Hamlet, NC
I'm sorry to hear that so many people are having problems with their AGR's. I have one without any leaking or feeding problems when using a Killer 705 RBA in it. Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know.

When looking for O-rings I go to The O-ring Store - Online O-rings, Hydraulic Seal Kits, and O-ring Kits, We make placing your o-ring order and getting your o-rings online easy!. I buy the ones made of Vitron. They have a good selection with different ID and thickness to choose from.

Never realized o-rings were made from so many different materials. Did you have any particular reason for choosing Vitron? Looking for a material that's safe and wont affect juice flavors or be affected by certain juices.
I replaced the top o-ring with a Danco #6 o-ring (5/16" ID x 7/16" OD x 1/16 W) sold at Lowes. I have no idea what the material is, so it's a temporary fix. I have to use a carto tool to get past the top o-ring and doesn't work as a bottom o-ring. I went from a non-stop gurgling, flooding and leaking tank to a perfect carto tank. As soon as I decide on a material I'm going to order the next size up. The site you posted a link to has it listed as size 012 (3/8" ID x 1/2" OD x 1/16" W).

How hard is it to adjust the juice flow of your Killer 705 RBA in this type of tank? I have an eBaron Dripperpro that I love and having something similar in a tank with interchangeable ceramic coils would be great.

Last edited:

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
I picked Vitron because I read about it in one of the GG threads Oddy or Penalope can't remember.
When I buy the o-rings there I use the metric sizing for my Oddy and Penalope and UFS.
On my AGR the Killer 705 is very easy to adjust the o-rings hold it snug enough not to leak and just snug enough that it's very easy to adjust the Killer. I've had it for about 1 week now and I've had no problems at all filling thru the screw hole or adjusting the liquid control.

Edit: When I refill thru the screw hole of the AGR I first close the liquid control on the Killer then put the screw back on and then I open the liquid control of the Killer.

Last edited:

Jerryo100

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Hamlet, NC
I picked Vitron because I read about it in one of the GG threads Oddy or Penalope can't remember.
When I buy the o-rings there I use the metric sizing for my Oddy and Penalope and UFS.
On my AGR the Killer 705 is very easy to adjust the o-rings hold it snug enough not to leak and just snug enough that it's very easy to adjust the Killer. I've had it for about 1 week now and I've had no problems at all filling thru the screw hole or adjusting the liquid control.

Edit: When I refill thru the screw hole of the AGR I first close the liquid control on the Killer then put the screw back on and then I open the liquid control of the Killer.

Thanks Mike, you cost me $72, lol. I pre ordered a Killer 705 from 405 Vaperz. Sucks that I have to wait until sometime after April 10th to try it out in my now perfect AGR Tank. Also ordered some Viton o-rings.

Skerj

Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Illinois
I just got 2 AGRs today. When I first filled them I had some problems with flooding. These were cartos that I had been using for the past 2 days in other tanks with no problems so it's not like I was priming them wrong or anything. Also filled them with the top cap off and screwed on the top cap with the fill screw out. One carto is a 2 hole and one has a single hole. They both flooded a little bit but they are working great now. I don't really know what happened.

I too got the AGR tank cos I saw some great review from PBusardo's review. I thought "wow...this is good". Since I lov DCT tanks...and this one looked like a super version of it...and because PBusardo had great things to say bout it...I went and got myself one plu a set of XL cartos.

My XL cartos came with 2 prepunched holes...thinking it was too small....i made one of the holes bigger using a carto punch. Screwed everything up....left the top part open and filled the tank with juice. When I screwed the top cap on I had the tiny lil hole unscrewed as I didnt want the pressure to force liquid againt the tank or the holes. I didnt even try to prime it....since I didnt see PBusardo do it. Waited a while...and then started vaping. First few puffs was great...then came the gurgling sound. Then things started popping and I knew something was wrong. I opened the drip tip and saw the carto was flooded!!!

Not only did it flood the carto...but juice had gone down the middle and flowed down to the 510 connector, including leaking out of the air vents where the skirting for the AGR is. OK ...I thought my bad for punching a bigger hole. SO I got another carto...left it at the factory punched settings....tried again. ANd I got the same flooding. Juice was flooding my 510 connector....was leaking thru the air vents of the skirting and basically flowing down my mech mod!!!

I am furiously mad....something I was looking forward to....coming out a disaster....I'm up to the point where I'm just gonna toss these useless damn AGR as far as I can!

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Try putting an o-ring around the carto's 510.

CameraZOOM-20130415180246260.jpg

Not the best pic, but you can see the brownish o-ring on the carto.

I scraped mine from a CE4 drip tip.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

Jimmy VanZeno

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Melbourne
www.deadstarrenegade.com
I know this is an old thread but I just had to post here.

The AGR Tank is an absolute PIECE OF RUBBISH!!!! Ive had one for 2 weeks, and naturally just like many others here it leaks and spits and gurgles all over the place. Ive reasearched and tried every method that anyones mentioned to try to get this thing to work, all to no avail.

Seriously, you should not have to go replacing O rings, screwing parts on and off in an exact scientific fashion on a freaking tank. The thing should just work. What a total waste of money and time. These things should be taken off the market because they are pure rubbish. DONT BUY ONE! Buy a Boge F16 Tank instead for less than half the cost, and that thing just works!

0 out of 10. :mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread