The J Tank = Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.
A while back I purchased two J tanks from ElectronicStix.Com Your Premier Vaping Vendor Since 2008, the 3ml in black delrin, and the 5.5ml in black delrin as well. I followed the you-tube video for filling the tanks on their website and followed the instructions accordingly. The 3 ml seemed to work great for about a week or two, then started to leak once the liquid was about half full. The 5.5ml worked for about 3 days, and the same issue happened. That time it managed to leak all over the inside of my pocket in one of my more expensive jackets, effectively ruining it.

I looked the tanks over and both seemed to be leaking not out of the bottom of the cartomizer's themselves, but between the seal of the delrin and the carto. After contacting Jason by phone he sounded frustrated and put off by my phone call. Very unprofessional from a consumer stand point to say the least. Consequently I will no longer be doing business with electronicstix, nor will I refer any other local Utah folks I come into contact with who have an interest in vaping. Frankly I don't want to recommend a business to someone I know and risk having them be treated unprofessionally or purchase an inferior product...

Since I have purchased tanks from other vendors and have filled them in the exact same fashion as the J-tank and have not had a single problem with leaking.

Very disappointed with electronicstix and the J tank, a waste of $45 dollars.

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
That is very odd. I've had 2 3ml tanks for 1/2 a year, and I never had a single leak or issue with the carto being too tight to move. I use boges in them. I'm sorry you are having such difficulties. Perhaps it was a bad batch of tanks or o-rings. Have you tried replacing the o-rings? I tried a liquinator but both times I replaced the inner o-rings, it became so tight when replacing the carto that I ended up breaking them.

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
I've also been using my tank for about 4 months with no issue. I use punched Boges in mine. The seal is very tight. I can thread the tank and carto on to a mod by gripping the exterior of the tank with no slipping. I'm actually ordering a couple more on Friday.

Also, I have had nothing but good dealings with Electronicstix.com. Both on the phone and via e-mail.

-Leo

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I've been using J-tanks for almost 6 months. I have never had one leak.
    So my Q would be, where was it leaking from?
    A tank, any tank, can only leak past the o-rings unless it's split. If it was leaking out of the carto base, that is a problem with the carto, and has nothing to do with the tank.

IMHO the J-tank is one of the better built tanks available.

borockster

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2011
    Western Ky.
    Every J-Tank issue I have seen has ended up either being a leaky carto (which has nothing to do with the tank) or user error. Typical errors are forcing a carto through without lubing it which can dislodge or tear the o rings or using slotted cartos and tearing the o ring during insertion. I am not saying that is the case here...just in general.

Best practice for the longevity of your tank is to always lube them up with a bit of e liquid before insertion and always use a punched carto instead of slotted. This is not to say a slotted carto won't work because it will. You just have to be much more careful with slotted cartos as the slot can be sharp.

YMMV!!!

Bo

drewbalicious

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 22, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    The first 3ml j-tank I got leaked like a sieve for a few days then corrected itself. Then I purchased a 5.5ml j-tank and never had any problems with it. Now I just received my third j-tank a black 3ml and the fit is so tight I have to force a cartomizer into it. I sent them an e-mail at electronicstix yesterday and they never answered, so I sent them another one today and this is the response I got "they do break in over time" That's it, no response to any of the questions I asked in my e-mail. No pointers for helping, nothing. Just a 6 word response that looks like it was sent from a cell phone.

I think I might just stick with my trouble free liquinator tanks from here on out.

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
    New Hampshire
    The first 3ml j-tank I got leaked like a sieve for a few days then corrected itself. Then I purchased a 5.5ml j-tank and never had any problems with it. Now I just received my third j-tank a black 3ml and the fit is so tight I have to force a cartomizer into it. I sent them an e-mail at electronicstix yesterday and they never answered, so I sent them another one today and this is the response I got "they do break in over time" That's it, no response to any of the questions I asked in my e-mail. No pointers for helping, nothing. Just a 6 word response that looks like it was sent from a cell phone.

I think I might just stick with my trouble free liquinator tanks from here on out.

Sounds so strange. I am on my third JTank and love them all. I have had no leaking issues and they fit nice and tight so I can feel confident they don't pull off in my pocket. My most recent tank was slightly tighter then normal I emailed the company around 10pm last night and almost instantly got a response back from him solving my issue 100%

kalison

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2012
    SLC, UT
    Really sorry to hear about your issues.

I have a local Electronicstix shop here. My J-Tank is very solid and well made. The thing never twists or moves once I have it installed. The top and bottom caps never budge, which is more than I can say for Volcano's Tube Tanks. I actually have quite a time getting a new cart installed. Either way, I hope you just had a couple lemons, they are making them in house and its possible a couple tanks did not meet the very tight specs they make them to.

Jason has started making this new simple device for installing and removing/filling your tanks:
    P1000542.jpg

You push it in to the cart, it has a bevel edge so it saves the orings a bit but also removes that hard edge. It will also plug the cart when refilling so you don't flood it. I found it to be invaluable and its such a simple idea. It actually grips the cart enough that you can pull it through to seat it after you are done filling.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I highly recommend either the above tank tool, or the one from Big Daddy Vapor, the slap-yo-mamma tool. Available in delrin or stainless steel. Like kalison said, they not only save your inner 0-rings from the sharp top edge of your cartos, but are invaluable when refilling your tank to prevent juice from accidentally entering the air hole in the carto and causing flooding. Using this tool cuts refilling times down to half.

View attachment 122426 View attachment 122427

Fiamma

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    So Calif
    I have two Slap Yo Mama tank tools. Swear by them. Carto edges are very sharp, the o ring in the cap HAS to be tight or you get leakage. You run the risk of shredding the o rings putting in cartos with nothing plugged into them. I use Mings and they will not fit thru the opening.

Check your o rings off and on, lube them up with JUICE not vaseline, (might get in your juice), lube up the carto itself and with a tank tool in it's much easier to get them in and not damage anything. I keep replacement inner o rings in my accessories box for those o rings that just break over time.

I've been using tanks for months, always with cartos in them, and very very few problems with o rings. I have the extras for 'just in case'.

The times I've used Electronicstix I've had nothing but good service and products.

iKN0WaGH0ST

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    A while back I purchased two J Tanks from ElectronicStix.Com Your Premier Vaping Vendor Since 2008, the 3ml in black delrin, and the 5.5ml in black delrin as well. I followed the you-tube video for filling the tanks on their website and followed the instructions accordingly. The 3 ml seemed to work great for about a week or two, then started to leak once the liquid was about half full. The 5.5ml worked for about 3 days, and the same issue happened. That time it managed to leak all over the inside of my pocket in one of my more expensive jackets, effectively ruining it.

I looked the tanks over and both seemed to be leaking not out of the bottom of the cartomizer's themselves, but between the seal of the delrin and the carto. After contacting Jason by phone he sounded frustrated and put off by my phone call. Very unprofessional from a consumer stand point to say the least. Consequently I will no longer be doing business with electronicstix, nor will I refer any other local Utah folks I come into contact with who have an interest in vaping. Frankly I don't want to recommend a business to someone I know and risk having them be treated unprofessionally or purchase an inferior product...

Since I have purchased tanks from other vendors and have filled them in the exact same fashion as the J-tank and have not had a single problem with leaking.

Very disappointed with electronicstix and the J tank, a waste of $45 dollars.
    I had a similar experience with my JTanks, yet have not had any problems with other tanks. For me too whomever I spoke to with electronicstix was very unprofessional, and seemed to criticize that it was a user error. Nevertheless I finally got a refund, and choose to avoid doing business with them anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread