The Mantis by CigTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
I just got my MANTIS from CigTech and it is fun to hold.I like it .It is so light that I thought the box was empty when I got it out of the mailbox. I ordered mine with the new EZ tank Hex style .It vapes great at 3.7! Anyone thats considering one of these should go for it. It is quality built and the switch alone is worth the 75.00 . I love this mod. I added a taller tank sleeve from a Liquinator and used the EZ tank end caps with a Boge stainless 510 XL and now its ready for sure. Lovin it --- The LEDz are really cool,I thought it might get old having a disco tec go off everytime I vape but the lights are really cool and I am glad I got it with them. It is my new night traffic vape. I drive a tow truck and I been getting some weird
looks when I vape this thing in traffic.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
I'm afraid I already have. Its a hot mess at 6v. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Or it may be the 109 temp we have had the last 40 days in a row. lol I am having to push real hard to get my 18650z in it though. Whats up with that? I have these 3000mah batteries that are rated for ten years of lifespan and they are huge compared to the others I have seen. They are sold by elusivewildlife.com and called THE KILL LIGHT battery. These batteries are for HogHunting Lights and my buddy sells them at gunshows. He swore that trust fire batteries were junk compared to these and convinced me to try them in my ecigs. So far I really like them but they are big. When i pulled them out of the Mantis to swap batteries,the battery contact on the bottom was mashed flat and my Tenergy 3.2s just rattled around in there. I had to take a pocket screwdriver and bend the battery contact back so the batts would sit in there snug again. I dont want to be bending the contacts back and forth like that cause I know they will break in due time.

crk0756

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hill Country, Texas
I bought one a few weeks back, the only choice at the time was a solid green or pink led, so I choose the green one.... Man this thing is great... Love to vape it with a lr 306 and a cherry vapes cannon drip tip... have to use an adapter with my liquinator, but hey, it still looks cool.... Thanks for the heads up about the upside down batt to cut out the light chaos..... I too have noticed a difference with different 18650's.. different lengths either crush down the contact, or it kinda "floats", and you can hear the battery pop around inside..... Thinking of trying something other that the "trust or Ultra" brand batts to see if I can find a happy medium that will stay put.... Currently considering some from a post from the mod section that reference the flashlight forum geeks with a true 3100 mah capacity...

Last edited:

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
The KILL Light batteries are pretty dang long winded. They fit in snug and last so long you will forget when you put them in it last. I use them in my Black Bullet and My White Mantis,he he.
they are the same size as a Ultra 18650 but they seem to last a lot longer for me so far. I am not trying to sell them but if you want to know ...I can tell you where I got mine.PM me if
you need better battery life @ 3.7 They claim to have a ten year duty cycle on them .

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
I call mine the plastic fantastic!Great button,solid block of delrin
Flying W is right,a bigger tank and longer carto such as the ressurector from ccv is needed because of the dripwell recess.I got the blue led,not real bright in the daylight or inside,but at night it really glows.The AW imr 18650 is a nice fit and lasts longer than a full tank,when I refill,I swap batteries,Its down to ~3.9v anyway and a fresh tank deserves a fresh battery
View attachment 53371

View attachment 53372

View attachment 53373

View attachment 53374

DrBrabham

Jul 19, 2011
NYC
Just revived my Mantis with blue LED, nice feel and a for sure eye catcher. I popped in a fully charged AW IC 18650 2900mAh, the new ikenvape io6 atomizer, and a few drops of Boba's Bounty from Alien Vision. BTW Cigtech has incredable customer service! I Ordered mine at 12am on Sunday and somehow used the wrong shipping address, I clicked on contact us and within 5 seconds I had someone on the line!!! I was just planing on sending a email with the correct address and praying. The changed the address and gave me a 10% off cupon code!! Did I mention I had already revived 15% off the Mantis already! $69.10 delivered!!! Cigtech ROC's

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
Congrats The Mantis is a great deal and Cig Techs has great shipping and customer service . I think a lot of people have been jaded by all of the high dollar mods that have swarmed the market. I kind of looked past all that and I keep drifting back to the simplicity and reliability of a practical mod like the Bullet and The Mantis. I started with the EGO Tank system and quickly learned that there was more to vaping than that. I was lucky that I read and ask questions enough to lead myself on a better path.
These are my two favorite mods and I use them daily. ( The Mantis ....The Working Mans Mod ) I am now thinking ..... Maybe I will buy myself a BOMBSHELL to flank these two workhorses .

Last edited:

DrBrabham

Jul 19, 2011
NYC
Congrats The Mantis is a great deal and Cig Techs has great shipping and customer service . I think a lot of people have been jaded by all of the high dollar mods that have swarmed the market. I kind of looked past all that and I keep drifting back to the simplicity and reliability of a practical mod like the Bullet and The Mantis. I started with the EGO Tank system and quickly learned that there was more to vaping than that. I was lucky that I read and ask questions enough to lead myself on a better path.
These are my two favorite mods and I use them daily. ( The Mantis ....The Working Mans Mod ) I am now thinking ..... Maybe I will buy myself a BOMBSHELL to flank these two workhorses .

I just ordered The Big KaZoo from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop because I've heard nothing but good things about this 5v MOD I think my next MOD is going to br The Helix or the Provari.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
Just revived my Mantis with blue LED, nice feel and a for sure eye catcher. I popped in a fully charged AW IC 18650 2900mAh, the new ikenvape io6 atomizer, and a few drops of Boba's Bounty from Alien Vision. BTW Cigtech has incredable customer service! I Ordered mine at 12am on Sunday and somehow used the wrong shipping address, I clicked on contact us and within 5 seconds I had someone on the line!!! I was just planing on sending a email with the correct address and praying. The changed the address and gave me a 10% off cupon code!! Did I mention I had already revived 15% off the Mantis already! $69.10 delivered!!! Cigtech ROC's

Amen Brother ! Have you vaped it in public yet? Was it day time or @night? I like to vape mine in traffic @night .
My son said dad thats cool. It must be ... because most of the time he doesn't say that. The only trouble I have had with mine is getting that battery door open ,it is slick and sometimes have trouble getting it to slide open.
Do you run a tank or an atty or what? I have tried tanks -love them.Tried carts-love them. I am currently looking for an atty set up for this thing but I am debating on which one to buy for this mod. I am a 510 man @heart and dont know that much about attys because I just dont have that much experience using them.

TheGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Amen Brother ! Have you vaped it in public yet? Was it day time or @night? I like to vape mine in traffic @night .
My son said dad thats cool. It must be ... because most of the time he doesn't say that. The only trouble I have had with mine is getting that battery door open ,it is slick and sometimes have trouble getting it to slide open.
Do you run a tank or an atty or what? I have tried tanks -love them.Tried carts-love them. I am currently looking for an atty set up for this thing but I am debating on which one to buy for this mod. I am a 510 man @heart and dont know that much about attys because I just dont have that much experience using them.

This sounds silly but for some reason it works. When my hands get dry the door gets a bit slippery. Instead of sliding the door down, try turning it around and push the door away from you with both of your thumbs.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I bought one with the multi changing LED. I love it. I can talk to aliens at night...LOL. Actually I do love it. It feels nice in my hand and with a 4.8V battery from madvapes, this mod just flat rocks! I've been using the ego mega dual coil cartomizers on mine with an adapter. Since the dripwell is recessed, the dc sits in nicely and "blends" into the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread