The Meeting Between CASAA and the FDA is Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I know it's just a listening meeting, where CASAA presents our side for vaping and the FDA basically listens. I wanted to wish all involved GOOD LUCK!

May the vape be with you :D. Thank goodness we have an organization that has become recognized as a force to be big enough to get a chance to actually tell our side of the story. I will be thinking about you guys and sending my good wishes for successful and productive information output to those listening.

Thank you CASAA for being our voice in that meeting.

Robin

i just wish I had my ears there too... ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Having a transcriptionist there who reports to ECF or a live stream would be awesome.

Now that would be awesome! Can you imagine all the talking and 'Give 'em hell' there would be at computers all across the country? :lol: I would be right there with them, in front of my computer. :D

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I wish! I wonder if they'll post some sort of status update on their website?

I've got tabs open all over the place watching for anything. :lol:

I hope whoever is in that meeting also watches body language. There are so many things you can tell from just the tiniest thing. Even just looking down if they hear something they don't agree with. So many 'tells' that can be gleaned by observing. I wonder if there are any good poker players in the CASAA board that are there....

irdoom

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Michigan
I hope that I will be able to tell my great grandchildren someday that I was a part of the fight to keep vaping legal. Imagine 10 years from now. Ecigs are the norm. Cigarettes no longer exist. Yeah, I can fantasize :D

:lol: haha we are all soldiers in the WWAAC(World War Against Analog Cigarettes)

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
I think about this all the time Eagle. It's amazing that even when we find a healthier alternative to smoking. We have to fight just as hard to keep vaping as it is to quit smoking. :confused:

What boggles my mind is that the juices we make are made out of all FDA approved ingrediants. Approved as in approved for human consumption.
Then you have anaologs. Which are "FDA approved" yet are filled with chemicals and poisons.
So I guess it's ok if we kill ourselves as long as they approve of it, but they want to stop us from vaping because it might kill us?:confused:
I just don't get the logic. I see the BS, just not the logic.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Then you have anaologs. Which are "FDA approved" yet are filled with chemicals and poisons.
So I guess it's ok if we kill ourselves as long as they approve of it, but they want to stop us from vaping because it might kill us?:confused:
I just don't get the logic. I see the BS, just not the logic.
Some decisions may have been made to avoid the creation of a black market, others may fall under grandfather clauses. Who knows.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Some decisions may have been made to avoid the creation of a black market, others may fall under grandfather clauses. Who knows.

I think it's more of a control issue. They can't conntrol it's use because people can make their own juices. So if they can't control it, they try to make it illegal. It's that simple.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
I think it's more of a control issue. They can't conntrol it's use because people can make their own juices. So if they can't control it, they try to make it illegal. It's that simple.
Well, I was talking about analogs, but I suppose that some of it applies to e-juice.

bebop.rocksteady

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Panama City, FL, USA
I still can't believe it we have to defend something like this.
Amen Eagle.
I've always been proud to be an American but I am not proud of America. The decisions our government makes on our "behalf" are so rediculous it's nauseating. They should be working on a way to get traditional cigarettes off the market as we know they're killers. Instead of scrutinizing a product which may arguably save lives. Work on the problem first not the solution.

Then I think about my liberties as a human being. I feel that I should have the right to consume what I wish as long as I am not hurting anyone else. It is not the place of the FDA to decide what I can or cannot partake in.

Unfortunately this is the state of things. So I sincerely hope that the FDA lends an educated and fair ear to the representatives from CASAA and that something good comes of this meeting.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Then I think about my liberties as a human being. I feel that I should have the right to consume what I wish as long as I am not hurting anyone else. It is not the place of the FDA to decide what I can or cannot partake in.
...but doesn't that apply to analogs as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread