The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The New GG Penelope! Order yours now!

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bigbuyer, Jun 20, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. c8h10n4o2x2

c8h10n4o2x2 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    NW Florida
    debook - the tinker factor as you put it is not bad, but that can be said about all the re-buildable attys. I would not mind picking up a genesis style atty to see how they fair.
    If you can pick up a Penelope or Ody at a reasonable price, I would recommend it, and if you do not like it you can always sell it and reclaim most if not all of what you paid for it.

That FrankenPV is way cool

2. debook

debook Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    Thanks, FrankenPV actually turned out to be a nice mod despite being very very beta and way to big to be comfortable. The next version will take a while, but will be much better I hope.

Well, Penny is waiting for me in the mailbox. 2 more hours of work, which I expect will be rather long ones, before I can scoot and try it out.

Pretty amazing shipping, got the notification Monday at lunch and was delivered today (Wednesday) at lunch so 48 hours. Thanks Bruce and co!

3. JthaBigVapor

JthaBigVapor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    I see no problem... the desire for more GG?? Is it my fault that I want the best... oh .... yeah... it is.... not a problem :D:D

Rabbit hole??? Nahhh... You mean the Great Grecian Heaven... Right?

Cause man oh man... I feel like an Olympian when I’m vaping my GG... seriously... What is better/more powerful//more long lasting//more reliable than a GG?? Nothing. Mine never fails. How could I not want more for me?

Just my humble :2c:

4. debook

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    The Penny is pretty amazing. Took all of 5 minutes to build the coil and assemble the whole thing. No dratty, plumes of vapor and great flavor. Really impressive, like it alot.

Where do you all get materials for making new coils?

5. JthaBigVapor

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Awesome Debook

When we get them you can purchase supplies from us. But that always goes fast, so be on the look out for when we are getting more, I will post about it.

6. c8h10n4o2x2

c8h10n4o2x2 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    NW Florida
    debook - would recommend clicking on the Notify me link for the wick, the ready made wires are ok but personally I like twisting the wires together to make my coil. That way I choose the materials that make up the coil and the resistance.

As a side not one unit (Aprox 3ft) will last a long time, I am still using the bag I got from my first Penelope back in June, the only thing I do differently from the videos is I measure the wick before I cut it so there is no waste.

Hope this helps

7. debook

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    Thanks C! Definitely will be getting at least one more of these!

8. kickitback

kickitback Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2009
    NC
    Hey debook,
    If you need some wire let me know, I can send you some silver and kanthal .

9. Got-Ta-Go

Got-Ta-Go Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2012
    OTP Atlanta, Georgia
    You might want to pick up a spare ceramic to have.

They are not a "disposable" frequently replacement item, but they do break; I just found that out last night when I dropped my base w/ceramic and no tank. It perfectly landed ceramic down on the metal roller base of my chair. Metal is stronger than ceramic.

10. Roxxette

Roxxette Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    I broke 2 ceramics that way (ody and penelope) seems that if you drop the base with rebuildable screw its 90% your ceramic is doom :p but ive drop the both attys with tanks covers etc and when i take it apart to clean wick the ceramic is fine.

11. debook

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    Thanks for the offer, I have Kantal and silver NR wire on the way tho! Should be good to go.

12. Got-Ta-Go

Got-Ta-Go Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2012
    OTP Atlanta, Georgia
    90% breaking rate when you drop it unprotected from the tank?? You must be rebuilding yours while standing on a 20 ft. ladder!!; try working over a carpeted surface then.

My break was just a freak thing and the way it landed. Fixed it though as COV happened to have the spare ceramics come available and I picked up a couple.

You're right on when the Penelope is assembled it is pretty much indestructable.

13. crispysaturn

crispysaturn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Hazleton, Pa

Heck ya they are pretty durable - ive dropped mine many times on my hard wood floor off of my pc desk and no breaks yet...thank god i have 2 extras :)

14. stormtrouper

stormtrouper Full Member Verified Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Santa Ana, Ca. USA
    Any idea on when these will be back in stock? Or at least pre-order?

15. Roxxette

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    Im over 6ft tall :D drop both time while standing and im sure the ceramic base hit the floor first :) drop it like that on marble floor and 90% your ceramic will crack on its side; i drop stuff a lot and happy that with the tank the ceramics are safe :p atleast most of the time hehehe

16. Roxxette

Feb 4, 2012
    Caribbean
    I dont think penelope will comeback in stock anytime soon :( but ive seen a lot on the classifieds at good prices even less of retail

17. JthaBigVapor

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Penelopes we are thinking in 4 or 5 months as a guesstimate. We do not know for sure, Imeo will let us know when he is ready, then we can let ya'll know.

18. jake1981

jake1981 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Finland
    4-5 months? Really that long..?!? And I missed the train with the last batch..

19. JthaBigVapor

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Yup : / sorry buddy, soon though, I think I might have to get me another one next go around too!

20. Nubiwan

Nubiwan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    Seattle
    Wow! Really sorry I missed out on getting a Penelope this year. :(

Question though - I AM on the "Notify Me" list - so, does that hold a spot for me whenever they become available in the US?

TIA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.