The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The New GG Penelope! Order yours now!

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bigbuyer, Jun 20, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    The new GG Penelope is available for Pre-Order with expected shipping by the end of June.

You will love this tank! GG tough, beautiful and vapes like crazy.
    If you wait they will all be gone... so order now, don't be left out!

[​IMG]
    GG Penelope - Tank Mod Only

2. Bishopheals

Bishopheals Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Im looking into it Im just trying to make up my mind between the Odysseus and Penelope.

3. chaosring01

chaosring01 Full Member Verified Member

Mar 20, 2012
    greensboro nc
    There are no Odysseus left on the cov website, so if you were going to order one I'd go with the Penelope before those are gone.

4. JthaBigVapor

JthaBigVapor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Yes sorry friends, the Pre-Order for the Odys is over.

Everyone can still get their hands on a Penelope still!

I am excited because I am getting one and it will be my first rebuildable atty :D:D

You see... I'm still GG Fresh and I don't own a TS... (yet... >.>) so the Ody has been a little too intimidating for my Stealth or TB :p

But that aside... Man O MAN! I want mine bad :D

~ J

5. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    I'm still searching to find what are the differences between the two.

6. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    U know what I rather not miss out on a extraordinary good high quality end product.

Bruce put me in.

7. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    The operating principle on both is basically the same (rebuildable parts are similar, both have juice control), Penelope is thiner than the Odysseus, Penelope is made for 14500 PVs (to be used with her husband Proteus) although it can be used with any 510 PV. Odysseus looks better with "fatter" PVs (as the GGTS). The one that was on stock recently was Odysseus short mode, it has minor modiffications to the rebuildable assemble in comparison with the first Odysseus version.

Just after the first version of Odysseus was released there was an Odysseus expansion set that included additional parts to use the Odysseus in different modes: Full mode (bigger tank with transparent window), 510 Mode (to be used as a tank with 510 attomizers), E2 Mode (to be used as a tank with E2 cartomizers), dripping mode, etc. It came with 510 base connection but there was also available a native GGTS base that allow it to be used natively on the GGTS (with air flow control).

I do not know if Imeo have plans to make expansion sets and GGTS Odysseus base again.

There is some info in the GG Wiki:

Golden Greek - E-Cigarette Wiki
    http://ggwiki.et.com.mx/index.php/Main_Page

Penelope:
    Tank capacity: 3ml

Width: 17mm
    Length: 45mm (without mouthpiece)
    Length: 63mm (with mouthpiece)

Odysseus:
    Tank capacity: 3ml (short mode with 510 base)

Width: 23mm
    Lenght: 38mm (short mode with 510 connector base)

8. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Ariel you said penelope was intended for 14500 PVs (to be used with her husband Proteus) would it work and perform good on my ProVari v2? Or should I just wait till the 14500 pv goes on sale to use it? So there is no expansion set for the penelope as of yet to expand tank? or use cartos. it's straight up an atty.

9. Ariel_MX

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    Yes, it has 510 connector, so it will work with any 510 PV, but everything is about how it will look like on them (diameter relation between them).

To my knowledge there is not an expansion set planned for Penelope (I could be wrong on it) -Maybe Bruce could give us a chime about this-, I think it only can be used as a rebuildable atomizer.

10. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Thanks Ariel you you diffidently helped me make my decision. I'm going for it placing the order now. I think Bruce owes you some butterscotch...

11. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Ariel is a great guy, I owe Mexico to him!
    I will find out about the expansion set for Penelope. I have not heard about one yet!

12. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
  13. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    a small correction Ariel. Penelope takes 3 ml of liquid:)

14. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    no expansion set for Penelope yet guys

15. Ariel_MX

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México

:D I Will correct it on the GG Wiki :)

16. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Ok so now the research for the best resistance, non resistance wire, and wick continues.

I been doing a lot of reading on the debate between the two wires. Between nichrome and Kanthal. I would like to try them both and see if there is a taste difference. As for wick that's my main concern because i don't want anything altering the taste of the vape and i want it to be extremely wet since I am one of those chain vapors that like to toot slowly for 5-7 seconds then again and again. last thing I want is a dry hit or a burnt metal taste hit.

17. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Bishop, COV will have some in stock soon. IMHO is the best wick.

18. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    bishop, I agree with Huff that I like the stock Ody wick the best. Obviously, there's a lot of personal preference involved, though, so you might find you prefer another and nobody can really tell you what's going to be best for you ;-)

As for wires, again you're going to have to try both nichrome and kanthal to figure out which you prefer. I use both in my Ody and don't really see enough of a difference in my vape between the two with coils of the same resistances to really care which one I'm using at any given time.

The stock NR wire is 0.2mm nickel wire. Some people use silver wire (either half-hard or dead-soft), instead. Really the only difference between them is going to be how easy it is to twist them together, the NR wire has no impact on your vape

19. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Thanks killjoy I was thinking that the resistance may not be a noticeable thing but the wick is. Being that I toot chainlike at 4-6 seconds draws at high volts 5.5v I tend to dry the wick faster. I’m looking for a wick that can keep up with my chain of draws without it drying up to fast. I’m wondering if that’s why P. Bursado said he uses 3 wicks in his coil. Wonder if that has anything to do with keeping it real wet and moist.

20. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Biship, I use the Ody Drip now and used to have an iAtty.. never have problems w/ dry wick. I am a chain vaper and it doesn't present a problem. You'll love it! I just can't wait to get my new Penelope!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.