The new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhero27

Nov 27, 2012
United States
Hey there, i recently was introduced to vaping by a family member, and was wondering what would be the best starter kit for a "dipper"(chewing tobacco) of 8 years. I was looking at the Kgo from hoosier and was wondering if it would be a good buy. Any tips for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dhero

also, first vape was with a Joye ego, fell in love with it, just looking for that better deal.

Last edited:

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
I would go with a variable voltage mod if I were you. I you are dead set on an ego then at least buy the ego twist. I would add in a mini vivi nova. The odds of you being successful go way up with good equipment. Plus the variable voltage lets you set decide how much vapor you want.

GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Got vapes is always very competitively priced and they deliver fast and are very reliable.

Last edited:

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
I would go with a variable voltage mod if I were you. I you are dead set on an ego then at least buy the ego twist. I would add in a mini vivi nova. The odds of you being successful go way up with good equipment. Plus the variable voltage lets you set decide how much vapor you want.

GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Got vapes is always very competitively priced and they deliver fast and are very reliable.

What the gentlemen above said. I would go with a variable voltage device (=VV) either a Ego Twist or a Vision Spinner and add a tank, cartomizer, clearomizer to it. It will great start or even permanent device. I received the same advice in the beginning but did not know enough about what I was being told. Good luck and welcome!

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
What do you think of the ego T to start off with?
Perhaps with a clearomizer of some sort?
Sorry. Don't know anything about it.
I'm a simple vaper. Normally I just use a Kgo or Ego Twist with cartomizer. I don't like to fiddle much...just a good reliable vape suits me.

Ratha77

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Edmonton, Ab
Sorry. Don't know anything about it.
I'm a simple vaper. Normally I just use a Kgo or Ego Twist with cartomizer. I don't like to fiddle much...just a good reliable vape suits me.

That's really what I'm looking for as well.
Ego seemed like a good reliable place to start
Off with.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
That's really what I'm looking for as well.
Ego seemed like a good reliable place to start
Off with.
I've used Hoosiers ecig supply for Kgos & ego twists. Good vendor.
I've used Crystal clear vapers for a great deal on cartomizers. Try their 3 pack special deal. I just received Boge 2.0 LR cartos & Smoketech 1.7 ohm cartos from them. Shipped fast. And these cartos work great with Kgos & Twists.
Good luck. Keep us informed.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I use hoosierecigs.com all the time, good vendor. I have the kgo and recommend it a lot for new people to start on. It is not vv but is higher voltage than the ego t. The charger in the kit will work for the twist or spinner when you want to upgrade. I don't care for the plastic thingees that come with the v1 kit but the clearos with the v2 should work okay. I would get the vivi nova to go with it, I have used the mega on it but is a little top heavy, they work well and don't leak. I have 2 mini vivi novas and one of those leaks. The mini's are the same size as kgo battery. I have the v1 kit and it's been going strong since last feb although I don't use it a lot anymore-its a backup now. Hoosier is a genuine vivi nova dealer also. I would also get a 3.5ml thread adapter, it covers the threads between the tank and battery and provides more stability.

jayscott

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Amherst, Ma.
I'm new to vaping also and found the vision spinner I bought from gotvapes to be very good. I also recomend a dripping atomizer if you plan to try various juices. My first order was 10 sample size juice and 1 mini nova, not the best way to try them all. If you don't know much about dripping just type it into youtube, there are many helpful videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread