The Next Big thing.... Porous Ceramic Wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Yeah, when I started vaping I tried like hell to get my hands on one of the atomizers, I even talked with the guys who made them,as they are near where I live, but they weren't selling them outside of the kit. and were going to stop making them as they had another project online. I don't know if you can buy these anymore.
It also works with regular e juice. They cover both bases..
Expensive too, but it does not chuck the vapor like us veterans like it chucked
The do or did(2012) have a 510 atomizer on the market with a ceramic element.
Was just looking/wondering at the ceramic wick and how it can be torch cleaned and almost impervious to breaking, maybe modding it, we need that wick for our gennies, drippers, etc..

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
What kind of cleaner should be used inside a UC to remove those metals that may be harmful when heated? I got some of the 60 grit tile setter stone from Amazon and was thinking vinegar could work also or as a solution for the ultra sonic bath.

A soak in lemon juice will take care of it. I let mine soak overnight, probably overkill. I have also put lemon juice in a jar and put the jar in the UC water bath for a while. The overnight soak was easier.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
I've been playing around with these solid quartz rods.....don't know what to think of them yet.....produces lots of vapor but the flavor is real weak...I decided to cut two channels down the length of them like we do with porous ceramic that really helped, but still am unsatisfied with the flavor.gonna kepp playing around with them the great thing about them is they clean up real well with a light torching, and as I say they produce alot of vapor.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Sounds like I should have gone to Vapestock, and apparently I did. Imposter!!!! Life has taken a strange turn this week and I have been diverted for a bit. Saving lives etc. Anyway, back to the grind (hehehe) as they say.

it's a full year now since we last heard from boden :(

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
it's a full year now since we last heard from boden :(

Wonder what happened to him?

Me too... Boden and his thread on stainless mesh/chromium issue was the major reason why I ended my "reader only" status on ECF and decided to participate in the discussion.

lefstep

Feb 18, 2012
Asheville
Is anyone still making/using ceramic wicks?

Edit: Page thread didn't load correctly.

Thanks mikepetro, I've managed to make a few of them and am currently testing one in my short Did. The first one I made cracked shortly after using it. This is my second go at it and have noticed the flavor tends to drop shortly after filling a full tank. I can get about 10 good draws and then it goes mute. When I top it off the flavor comes back up. Am I suppose to tilt in order to get better wicking? The diameter of the ceramic wicks I've made are slightly smaller than the hole for the wick.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The ReadyXwicks sound interesting. Do you think they would perform well in a genesis style setup like the Did?

The DID is well suited to the ReadyXwick. The wick hole is big enough to easily slide the wick into the tank. I wrap the coil, thread the wick through the coil, then put the 'assembly' into the DID and hook it up. I run 2 DID's w/ ReadyX.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I'm vaping mainly the KFL/Russian style atty's now and never got into making ceramic setups for them. And for the Genny's that I do have setup - I've moved to ReadyXwick (really hard to snap these :laugh:).

What in the world are ReadyXwicks?

Sent from cellphone, excuse brevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread