Status
Not open for further replies.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
A place to share the knowledge and ask questions to receive the best flavor from your equipment and builds.

Don't be shy or ashamed! :)

the wick.jpg

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Great thread idea... Having trouble with my vape. Frenilla in my cartotank with diver v2 tastes awesome but turns dark and thick quick.
In my cartotank with smok 2ohm carto its color stays good but the flavor is muted.
Im afraid to put it in my kayfun, dont want to waste that much juice if it gets dark and thick.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Dark and thick is good. As it steeps the real vanilla extract gets darker and thicker even when not in a tank or carto. I've found that regardless of the type of setup the higher ohm of the coil the more muted the flavor. I rebuild all my PT heads to be between 1.1-1.5 ohms, any higher and the flavor starts going away...

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Like almost black.... Super super dark brown?
I felt like the juice was burnt. The taste went from awesome to uck. I dumped out about 2ml, well it wouldn't dump i had to rinse.
Maybe i will try again with fresh cotton wick.

Depends on high your nic is. At 6mg mine gets a nice dark tan almost burnt umber. Higher nic will be a darker color. And with use you will get in tank steeping. What watts are you using? You may need to dial it down a bit?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Great thread idea... Having trouble with my vape. Frenilla in my cartotank with diver v2 tastes awesome but turns dark and thick quick.
In my cartotank with smok 2ohm carto its color stays good but the flavor is muted.
Im afraid to put it in my kayfun, dont want to waste that much juice if it gets dark and thick.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

I assume you are using your diver in a carto tank. NO?

Without having used a diver yet ( although I have had my eye on these) and not Knowing your power source, me thinks you are experiencing this because of too much heat.

What is your diver built to and what are you using to power it?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
2 ohm build on my provari at 3.7 volts, yes in a cartotank

After taking a quick peek at a diagram of the diver another obvious thought came to mind which I should of mentioned. Are you sure you haven't over wicked? Too much wick will choke off the juice flow to the coil and is almost always a sure case for that nasty burnt taste.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Great idea for a thread! I was thinking about making one of these for my question on the kayfun.... I've been dripping my NT since I had a bad experience with the Nautilus coils (haven't gotten around to rebuilding them, just not very gung ho about that tank anymore - I tried Gravity and BG in them and feel like I wasted more juice than anything...). Since then I've had great results with my Magma, Igo-w, and Tobh, experimenting with my coil building has been going great. Now, I just got a KFL+ V2 by Ehpro... and my question:

Which juices go well in a kayfun? Basically, which juices taste the same in the kayfun as they do in a dripper. Im giving the new kayfun a bath now, but I will probably start off with Rootbeer Float in it, since I liked it out of an Evod and didn't notice a huge improvement in the Magma... ( I definitely got more flavor, but they hit about the same that I can remember) ..
So basically which juices should I avoid using in the kayfun and save for dripping? I'm guessing stuff like Radioactive and stuff that benefits from deep steeps (the nilla's, banana pudding, ect...)?

Thanks in advance! I mainly got a kayfun so I could have a tank for less dripping throughout the day (a feel a reo in the future :laugh: )

XJ-linux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Anyone have a general suggestion for coil wrapping the fruity stuff ie: Gravity, Apricot Ambition, Betelgeuse... What I'm getting at is not so much ohm (mine are usually between 1.2 - 1.8) but more like do you recommend loose coils -vs- coils touching, 28ga -vs- 30ga, etc... I like my fruit, but it seems like my coils get gummed up pretty quick and stop producing much vapor after a half day. My coils are generally either 28ga x 7 loops all touching each other or 30ga x 4 loops not touching very much. Atty is a Spheroid. Wick is 2mm silica lasso. I'm using a mech (Atmizoo Lab) and AW IMR 18500 batteries and switching batteries when they hit about 4.0V because the flavor is muted and I figure more heat may be needed. Kind of getting to be high maintenance.

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
After taking a quick peek at a diagram of the diver another obvious thought came to mind which I should of mentioned. Are you sure you haven't over wicked? Too much wick will choke off the juice flow to the coil and is almost always a sure case for that nasty burnt taste.

I will keep this in mind when i rewick. I use my diver v2 often with other vendor juices. I also have a sophia on the way. I havnt gotten the hang of dripping yet. But i have a couple on hand.

I noticed with a 2ohm smok carto frenilla has a floral note on the exhale that I'm not crazy about.
I did not notice that with the diver v2.
Might just give it a go in the kayfun.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Great idea for a thread! I was thinking about making one of these for my question on the kayfun.... I've been dripping my NT since I had a bad experience with the Nautilus coils (haven't gotten around to rebuilding them, just not very gung ho about that tank anymore - I tried Gravity and BG in them and feel like I wasted more juice than anything...). Since then I've had great results with my Magma, Igo-w, and Tobh, experimenting with my coil building has been going great. Now, I just got a KFL+ V2 by Ehpro... and my question:

Which juices go well in a kayfun? Basically, which juices taste the same in the kayfun as they do in a dripper. Im giving the new kayfun a bath now, but I will probably start off with Rootbeer Float in it, since I liked it out of an Evod and didn't notice a huge improvement in the Magma... ( I definitely got more flavor, but they hit about the same that I can remember) ..
So basically which juices should I avoid using in the kayfun and save for dripping? I'm guessing stuff like Radioactive and stuff that benefits from deep steeps (the nilla's, banana pudding, ect...)?

Thanks in advance! I mainly got a kayfun so I could have a tank for less dripping throughout the day (a feel a reo in the future :laugh: )

Pretty much all NT jooses transfer well in a KFL+. I am having a hard time nailing down a good build for Band Camp in a KFL+, however.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Pretty much all NT jooses transfer well in a KFL+. I am having a hard time nailing down a good build for Band Camp in a KFL+, however.

Still playing with this one myself! Band camp is awesome but I am finding it to be very build specific.

But hey, that's part of the fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread