The Optimus RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Has anyone tried the Optimus rda from Madvapes yet? Or know any other vendor carrying it under a different name? Nice looking dripper for only $8.49. The posts look the same as the Smoktech rda. It has what looks to be 5 tiny air-holes spread out over almost half the diameter, not sure how well that would work. If it works fine I can see it being good for long micro coils. Probably will pick one up soon.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

rielevilnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Renton Washington
Hell yes and I am looking to buy another but have found they are sold out everywhere. I highly suggest that for the price if you have any inclination to purchasing this seemingly lil mammah jamma you have to get one. It by far is the best RDA I have used to date. Puts most to shame due to the adjustable airflow. The 5 holes seem to be just right for me but for anyone it can obviously be different to taste.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Hell yes and I am looking to buy another but have found they are sold out everywhere. I highly suggest that for the price if you have any inclination to purchasing this seemingly lil mammah jamma you have to get one. It by far is the best RDA I have used to date. Puts most to shame due to the adjustable airflow. The 5 holes seem to be just right for me but for anyone it can obviously be different to taste.

EmpireMods has them in stock. I've had one for a couple months, pretty solid dripper. Not my favorite, but it is in my rotation. I usually have 3 holes open.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Buford T. Justice

Oct 15, 2013
USA
I bought one tonight at a local eCig shop. I watched videos on YouTube trying to figure out the best way to place the wicks inside the cover. I am still not sure. I am not getting these big vape clouds I keep seeing in the videos and I have not drilled out any of the holes as it seems to be pretty airy now. The coil is already pretty black and I haven't used it too much.

Spacedoutart

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have used this RDA multiple times. The best set up for it i have found is a vertical coil where the bottom of the coil is attached to the hole in the post and the top of the coil is wrapped under the hand screw. It allows more room for the air over the coil. optimus.jpg

Buford T. Justice

Oct 15, 2013
USA
Thanks for sharing Spacedoutart! Do you have about the same amount of wick as before? I like that the Optimus does last for several minutes since the wicks hold a lot of eJuice and I don't want to constantly have to keep dripping with less wick in there.

I figured out I could wrap the wicks around the coil posts to keep them at the bottom where they need to be and leave the big air hole unblocked. It would be damn near impossible for me to photograph it so I will try to explain it:

1. Grab the 4 wicks which stick out carefully as to not pull anything apart.
  2. In a counter-clockwise motion, wrap them once around the back of the coil posts.
  3. Come back around the front and place them under the shorter ends of the wicks sticking out of the coil on the left.
  4. Keep going under the coil then bring the ends slightly up the right coil post. Use your thumb to hold them in place.
  5. It may take a few tries, but place the cover over the coil so the wicks stay in place.

Doing this worked out for me and I am getting pretty good vapor production with just two of the mini holes open.

Spacedoutart

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Buffalo NY
Yes the stock coil works good, but this type of rebuild will make it work great. Yes, I do have to drip more with less wick but it is a rebuildable dripper so I'm ok with it. If you use silica I have found it best to use a 1.5 inch piece. wrap a vertical coil around the one end only. Attach the bottom and top as I do. Then with the silica left over tuck it behind the two post away from the airhole. it will hold more juice and perform amazing from a small coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread