The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Opus and Opus D with Evolv inside!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, May 15, 2012.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    And floating auto-adjusting pins on mods that I've experienced have, with only a couple exceptions, mostly been a fail :thumbsdown: Some worked pretty well (that weren't spring-loaded), but in a device like the Opus I don't see a feasible way to implement one. Adjustable atomizer support features could be added (I've had a few ideas for external supports), but would add size and weight to the device beyond what would be reasonable to most people

2. pelton54

pelton54 Moved On

Oct 16, 2013
    Will it be an option to send in your opus d and have it upgraded to a dna30 chip?

Sent from my iPhone using Popcorn

3. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Its not really feasible at this time. I have discussed it with the assemblers but it doesn't look good.

4. Bishopheals

Bishopheals Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Yo yo yo drewwwwwwwwwww how you dooooooin!!!!

5. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey Daddio!!! Forgetaboutit!!!

6. pelton54

pelton54 Moved On

Oct 16, 2013
    Just let us know if it's possible in the future that would be awesome!

I had a chance to trade my carbon fiber opus d for a zna but just couldn't go through with it! There will be more zna's but might not be any more carbon fiber opus's!

7. Crocky

Crocky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    Just want to make sure I understand. So a standard USB wall plug output of 5.0v /500Ma should work fine for the opus D. If there is a better one recommended for it can someone post a link or description

8. VAPlN'

VAPlN' Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Heya Drew:

It's been a while since I've pestered you about a mod (Darwin when it first came out). I still have my Darwin and a Provari. But, I'm doing the rebuildable thing now and am looking for something better suited to my new coil making hobby. I skipped the Opus-D, thinking initially that I was all good with a Darwin and a Provari, and later, that the Opus would soon get a DNA30 upgrade. But, I haven't heard anything to that effect.

So what's the scoop? I love the form factor and would pull the trigger on one immediately, if it became available. I have a hard time believing that you don't have something sexy with a DNA30 in the wings. Is it going to fit the hand like an opus? If not, I'll go down "Hana Mod Road" and pick-up one of those. But, there's just something about the Opus that appeals to me more than a rectangular aluminum casing.

9. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    We do have something coming down the line. WE should be announcing and even have some for sale within the next week.
    We are also working on sourcing some components to start manufacturing a new board with some extremely exciting new features that are sure to shake up the industry!

10. VAPlN'

Mar 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Shame on you. You just kickstarted my vapelust again. I'll follow this thread daily, until you spill the beans and tell me how to be first in line. I had a feeling that you would be close. I'll sit tight to see what your new baby looks like. Thanks for filling me in. I was about to jump off the fence and grab a Hana. I'd rather wait and jump on your high speed rail.

11. pelton54

pelton54 Moved On

Oct 16, 2013
    Son of a b*tch and I was just about to buy a zna.....maybe I should wait.

Could you give us any clues on the specs?

Battery size?
    Same form as the opus d?

12. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    If your not on the Notification list you should prolly try and get on today!

13. VAPlN'

Mar 1, 2011
    Iowa
    Drew:

How do I get on the notification list?

14. pelton54

pelton54 Moved On

Oct 16, 2013
    Just checked the site....go look!

15. pelton54

pelton54 Moved On

Oct 16, 2013
    Dang it!

Bought the zna because didnt expect these to come out this quick:/ thank god I still have my dna 20 opus!

For anyone questioning the price just buy it you'll never regret it, you could throw this thing out your car window, turn around and pick it up and vape it, it's a brick!

16. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
  17. Crocky

Crocky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    I missed it once again! Got the notification and then when I got home last night I fell asleep! :facepalm:

Drew, once we are on the notification list are we on it for good or do we need to send another email to get back on it?

18. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    You should send another email because we delete after we send the notifications. Thanks

19. andel11

andel11 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Drew put me on all your list (ha,ha) whenever you come up with anything
    new.

20. Dying2Live

Dying2Live Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    This thing is such a BEAST! [​IMG]