Status
Not open for further replies.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
From Facebook
Ploom is a start-up tobacco company based in San Francisco. Yes, really. By reimagining the smoking paradigm, Ploom blends modern technology, materials, and processes with the best tobacco and botanical ingredients to deliver a smoking experience for the 21st century. All of our Pods of tobacco and herbal (non-tobacco) blends are handcrafted at our micro-factory in San Francisco.

Our Story

The idea for Ploom began as a conversation between a smoker and a non-smoker outside a studio at Stanford’s Joint Program in Design in 2004:

“What do you hate about smoking?” Adam asked.
“What do you love about it?” James responded.

We had already been collaborating on eccentric thesis explorations, but those were quickly dropped to answer this new and compelling question: What if we could reinvent smoking? When our new thesis generated interest and support from some of the most well-respected thinkers in and around Stanford, we realized that we were onto something.

We founded Ploom in a tiny orange room on an apple orchard in Palo Alto out of a determination to bring a better alternative to people who love (and hate) smoking. After hundreds of prototypes, consumer insights, and many drafts of our business plan, we moved shop to the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco and hired a handful of the best engineers, advisors, and marketing and biotech veterans in the country.

The Ploom ModelOne and our six Pod flavors are the first glimpse of the future of smoking. Welcome to a new ritual for a modern society. Welcome to Ploom.
(read less)
Ploom is a start-up tobacco company based in San Francisco. Yes, really. By reimagining the smoking paradigm, Ploom blends modern technology, materials, and processes with the best tobacco and botanical ingredients to deliver a smoking experience for the 21st century. All of our Pods of tobacco and herbal (non-tobacco) blends are handcrafted at our micro-factory in San Francisco.

Our Story

The idea for Ploom began as a conversation between a smoker and a non-smoker outside a studio at... (read more)
Products:
The Ploom model One is a hand-held device for warming our Pods of tobacco and herbal blends just enough to release their active ingredients in the form of delicious vapor.

Ploom Pods– The model One uses specially designed Pods filled with our custom blends of tobacco and non-tobacco flavors

Ploom currently features six premium flavored blends, four with tobacco and two without. We use only the highest-grade tobacco leaves, herbal ingredients, and flavors for our small-batch blends.

All of our blends are made at our factory in San Francisco so we can test and handpick our favorites to share with you. Each Pod is filled with only the best ingredients and has been specially designed for use in our Ploom model One.

Straykat

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Hawaii
Now with passthrough?

kazooka2009.gif

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Here's my guess:

It will be a slick unit that might perform similar to the Jantystick as far as vapor production.

It'll probably sell for about $150 in kit form.

One-off carts that have no interchangeability with any other e-cig device (afterall, this is American made, and we Americans are high grade capitalists... make the accessories exclusive so they HAVE to buy from you) and most likely will not be refillable.

Expect Blu-like hype and slick website, no way to meet demand, so slow shipping... and being a 100% new type of unit... will have bugs the first couple of shipments if not more.

But, I'm a dumbass who falls for slicked up advertising and nice packaging (throw in an ad with a super hot half nude girl and I'll explode) so even knowing these are possible downfalls... I will likely buy up front.

I fail at consumerism.... :(

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
I don't think it's a ecig from the way they describe it on their facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread