The Posse that cooks together...Recipe Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I took these from bliss' pinterest board:

Yummy Chicken | Chicken Recipes | blessedmother | Just A Pinch Recipe Club
yummychicken.jpg

Parmesan-Roasted Green Beans Recipe | Budget Savvy Diva
greenbeans.jpg

pringles13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2011
jaw-juh
:shock: I can't find the original recipe I used to make these, but this is the closest I found. The only difference is that the one I made did not have the ganache topping. It was just the brownie batter and the cream cheese/mint batter and instead of swirling them, it called for halving the brownie batter and layering it in the pan then spreading the cream cheese layer and then topping with the rest of the brownie batter to make it 3 layers.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/browniesbars/r/r90315g.htm

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I wonder which one Drott was prowling for? Bacon Pancakes maybe? Speaking of, someone was supposed to be making those. I can't take it all for the team ya know.

Last edited by bliss12897; Today at 10:54 AM. Reason: OMG! I hope no one saw this before I edited
I wanna know what the pre-edit said!!!

And you owe me!!! I tried that bacon shake for you!!!

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Put the chicken one up bliss. I'll be making the chicken and either the green beans or zucchini tonight. :)

Or maybe I'll just put the chicken one up. Guess I shouldn't be so lazy, I shall return. :laugh:
Hey, good job :lol:
Even with pics, I am doubly impressed :)

now I'm hungry...wish I had a gas station lady...:laugh:
+1000. I do though kinda. I have the cute perv. I find the recipes and he makes them :D

All have been tested in the Bliss kitchen and all have our stamp!
(((((Bliss)))))

The hubby and brother said to tell you.

80889d1319256808-sun-october-16th-sat-october-22nd-37-two-thumbs-up.gif

On the cobbler.
Yay!!! Super easy right?

Just made this a sticky. Can't let it get buried!
Good Call! I think it is gonna be popular :) (Not saying anything about the state of our adoublesses
:shock: I can't find the original recipe I used to make these, but this is the closest I found. The only difference is that the one I made did not have the ganache topping. It was just the brownie batter and the cream cheese/mint batter and instead of swirling them, it called for halving the brownie batter and layering it in the pan then spreading the cream cheese layer and then topping with the rest of the brownie batter to make it 3 layers.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/browniesbars/r/r90315g.htm
OMG CDM Brownies!!!!! :facepalm: awwwww geeze Chips.....

Off to change my name to "bowling ball"...

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Since I wont tell my secrets to "Soopa Doopa Tastey Burgers" ( a few "funny" friends renamed them STD Burgers :glare:)

I have an unnamed casserole for you, and more recipes will follow in time. :D

-Boil either two small packs, or one large pack of Mahatma Yellow Rice
- Dice 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders, sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper
- Melt down a few tablespoons of butter, add in one or two heaping tablespoons of minced garlic (not the dehydrated stuff)
- before the minced garlic turns brown, add the chicken and sautee'
- either steam or boil a pound of broccoli
- Mix the cooked rice and cooked chicken, and cooked broccoli into a 9x13 casserole dish, mix in one can of Cream of <something> soup. Cream of broccoli, chicken, and mushroom work really well (just not together)
-Mix in 8oz of sharp cheddar cheese
- Flatten the mixture into the casserole, cover the top with the remaining cheddar cheese, cover with foil, bake at 350 until all of the cheese has fully melted
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese BARELY browns around the edges.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bliss... they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo ridiculously good. You can also take Andes mints and layer the top of the entire pan of brownies right when they come out of the oven :facepalm: They're labor intensive with making it from scratch and all, but they're so darn good.
Stop please. My .... is begging you. I have to spend my summer on the river in a bathing suit.

I can see them now, with a cup of coffee and CDM in a tank..good lord. I am saving this recipe and I will make it for the river family.

Since I wont tell my secrets to "Soopa Doopa Tastey Burgers" ( a few "funny" friends renamed them STD Burgers :glare:)

I have an unnamed casserole for you, and more recipes will follow in time. :D

-Boil either two small packs, or one large pack of Mahatma Yellow Rice
- Dice 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders, sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper
- Melt down a few tablespoons of butter, add in one or two heaping tablespoons of minced garlic (not the dehydrated stuff)
- before the minced garlic turns brown, add the chicken and sautee'
- either steam or boil a pound of broccoli
- Mix the cooked rice and cooked chicken, and cooked broccoli into a 9x13 casserole dish, mix in one can of Cream of <something> soup. Cream of broccoli, chicken, and mushroom work really well (just not together)
-Mix in 8oz of sharp cheddar cheese
- Flatten the mixture into the casserole, cover the top with the remaining cheddar cheese, cover with foil, bake at 350 until all of the cheese has fully melted
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese BARELY browns around the edges.

Enjoy!!!!

I am not sure if I should be thanking you for not passing on the STD to us or not :confused:

Casserole is a win!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Stop please. My .... is begging you. I have to spend my summer on the river in a bathing suit.

I can see them now, with a cup of coffee and CDM in a tank..good lord. I am saving this recipe and I will make it for the river family.

I am not sure if I should be thanking you for not passing on the STD to us or not :confused:

Casserole is a win!
If you dont think you would be thanking me for the STD Burgers, I invite you ALL down here on June 30th. I will be hosting my annual July 4th cookout. Home smoked barbeque, STD Burgers, Beer, and High Explosives. You wont be sorry!

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Not me.I want the Full Monty.Bring on the pig fat...
She/he who makes it first wins!

The prize is just higher cholesterol, but you win nonetheless :laugh:

I don't know how you guys feel about turkey bacon, but I actually like it. If I were making this, I would try it with Turkey bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread