The ProVari Has Ruined Everything For Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I am not sure if the accuracy has much to do with it for me but I can definitely tell the difference in vape quality using the same volt and the same atty between my vamo and the provari. The vamo is a much harsher vape and the provari very smooth. I suspected it was the higher cycling electrically on the provari. THe vamo is now my beater I use when I worry about dropping it because I just don't care so much if it gets beat up.

Now Provari vs REOs? I don't really notice that.

I think the reason for the harsher hit on the cheaper mods is the pulse width modulation. they hammer the topper with 6 volts for longer or shorter bursts to attemp achieving the set voltage. That would make sense that the vape would be harsher than the ProVari. And the difference is quite noticable.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
Pbusardo posts all the measurements on his site as well as shows them on his reviews, and I have yet to see a device that is as accurate and consistant as the ProVari on any of the devices that he has reviewed. The ProVari put out the exact set voltage (under load & with no load) all the way down to the last puff before it shut off. Other mods were up to half a volt off on some resistances, including a DNA (20 I think) that he reviewed.

There are other mods that are close, but none (yet) that are as accurate and consistant as the ProVari.

I need a very consistant hit to keep me off the cigarettes, and so far, for me, the ProVari is the only device that can deliver that time after time after time.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I absolutely LOVE my Provari Mini. It is usually my constant companion when I'm out and about. Topped with a Kayfun Lite+ or Smoktech RSST, at around 1.6-1.8 ohms, it is the most consistent and convenient vaping set I up I've got. However, it is not the end-all, be-all set up for me. It just happens to be my favorite out and about device.

For me, devices are like tools. And like all tools, every one has its uses. I own a Provari Mini, a SVD, a few eGo twists, a Chi You clone mech mod, and an authentic Shotgun mech mod. They all see different uses and I would replace any of them if one of them broke. The SVD serves as a back up unit, if ever I have to send in the Provari for repair. It also makes for the best battery level tester, since it's telescopic, for my mech mod batteries. The eGo's are my batteries that go with me when I'm roughing it. Be it fishing, camping, or going to a not so great part of town. I'd rather lose a $25 eGo than my Provari. The 2 mech mods are my RDA devices. I have 2 RDA's, dedicated to different types of flavors (one for fruits, one for dessert vapes).

The key is each topper for each device is built to match those devices. And if you mount a topper built for one device onto another, of course you're going to have a lesser experience. You're using the wrong tool for the job.

I know a lot of people are really attached to their favorite device. I'm actually quite sentimental about my Provari since it was my anniversary present from my wife. But I also understand and appreciate the uses of all my other devices, knowing that if all I had was that Provari, my choices would be much more limited than it currently is for me.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Sorry, the "rattlesnake effect" is a well-documented vaping experience whether or not people can experience it themselves or not. The phenomenon has been documented on an oscelloscope (ie PBusardo) and has been discussed ad nauseaum on this forum. Too many people experience the difference in vape experience for it to be a placebo effect or self-delusion. As to the claim that it is marketing hype, just what manufacturers or vendors have you seen make the claim about the smoother vape vs harsher vape? This is the claims of the owners who remark about the smoother vape of the higher frequency PWM.

Other than my Provari's and MVP, my other VV/VW mods have either been put away in a drawer or been given away because I have been spoiled and can't stand to vape on the 33.3 Hz "rattlesnake" mods because of their harsher vape. Why should I settle for a lesser vape, when the Provari or MVP is just that much more enjoyable?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

I don't need no stink'n blindfold test to prove to me what I already know.
Just curious. I have to wonder how many of your 16k+ posts are devoted to your endless provari defense crusade. There are better devices. Face it. If your provari suits your limited needs then fine. For many it doesn't. Face it and move on.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Sorry, the "rattlesnake effect" is a well-documented vaping experience whether or not people can experience it themselves or not. The phenomenon has been documented on an oscelloscope (ie PBusardo) and has been discussed ad nauseaum on this forum. Too many people experience the difference in vape experience for it to be a placebo effect or self-delusion. As to the claim that it is marketing hype, just what manufacturers or vendors have you seen make the claim about the smoother vape vs harsher vape? This is the claims of the owners who remark about the smoother vape of the higher frequency PWM.

Other than my Provari's and MVP, my other VV/VW mods have either been put away in a drawer or been given away because I have been spoiled and can't stand to vape on the 33.3 Hz "rattlesnake" mods because of their harsher vape. Why should I settle for a lesser vape, when the Provari or MVP is just that much more enjoyable?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

I don't need no stink'n blindfold test to prove to me what I already know.

of course not, why let a valid scientific test get in the way of facts you already know. probably afraid you'd be unable to verify your opinion and that would needlessly upset you-can't have that....
i don't know anyone who vapes with an oscilliscope- i am talking real world, verifiable vaping results.

Last edited:

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
of course not, why let a valid scientific test get in the way of facts you already know. probably afraid you'd be unable to verify your opinion and that would needlessly upset you-can't have that....
i don't know anyone who vapes with an oscilliscope- i am talking real world, verifiable vaping results.

test are what prove real world results.

When i set my Device to 4.2 volts, I want it to vape at 4.2 volts every time I press the button. Not 3.9... not 4.5... not even 4.1 or 4.3. And I want it to vape at that voltage with the load attached and maintain that voltage until I let go of the button, and I want it to do that every time up until the battery runs out.

Is that too much to ask of a device?

What world do you live in?

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
test are what prove real world results.

When i set my Device to 4.2 volts, I want it to vape at 4.2 volts every time I press the button. Not 3.9... not 4.5... not even 4.1 or 4.3. And I want it to vape at that voltage with the load attached and maintain that voltage until I let go of the button, and I want it to do that every time up until the battery runs out.

Is that too much to ask of a device?

What world do you live in?

A world that lacks mindless product loyalty delusions.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just curious. I have to wonder how many of your 16k+ posts are devoted to your endless provari defense crusade. There are better devices. Face it. If your provari suits your limited needs then fine. For many it doesn't. Face it and move on.
Not that many of those 16K+ posts are devoted to the Provari. Want proof? Just click my username and review my forum posts. I do a LOT of posts on battery info, starter kit advice, cartotank advice, RBA advice, and general new vaper's advice than anything else on this forum.

Yes, I admit I am a simple vaper with relatively simple needs, so what? I don't do sub-ohms and I don't need a 20 - 30 watt mod. Common sense says the vast majority of vapers are simple vapers just like me. A Provari is designed to meet the needs of simple vapors. Face it. It does what it does better than any other device. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

You said the Semovar is a better mod than the Provari. It may well be; I don't own one. Have you owned either one? What criteria made you decide the Semovar is better than a Provari? Just curious.

If you are such a hater of the Provari, why do you continue to troll any thread that has Provari in the title? Me thinks you just like to stir the pot by being negative. Perhaps it should be you that moves on.

Last edited:

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Not that many of those 16K+ posts are devoted to the Provari. Want proof? Just click my username and review my forum posts. I do a LOT of posts on battery info, starter kit advice, cartotank advice, RBA advice, and general new vaper's information than anything else on this forum.

Yes, I admit I am a simple vaper with relatively simple needs. I don't do sub-ohms and I don't need a 20 - 30 watt mod. The vast majority of vapers are simple vapers just like me. A Provari is designed to meet the needs of simple vapors. Face it. It does what it does better than any other device. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.

You said the Semovar is a better mod than the Provari. Have you owned either one? What criteria made you decide the Semovar is better than a Provari? Just curious.

If you are such a hater of the Provari, why do you continue to troll any thread that has the name Provari in it? Me thinks you just like to stir the pot.

I'd be interested to know how you collected the data that enabled you to definitively describe the needs of the vast majority of vapers.

I own both devices and a few more. The Semovar is better engineered and better constructed. It has many more user options. The quality of the vape is no less than that of the provari. The provari is a good device and I use mine alongside my 2 Semovars with toppers filled with different flavors. Its sole advantage for me is a more compact form factor when both devices are configured with 18650's.

I don't hate provari's. A provari is an inanimate device. To hate an inanimate object would be ridiculous. On the other hand I despise delusional fanboism no matter the product. I'll call it out whenever I encounter it.

As far as trolling threads I might ask you the same.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA

Nearly EVERY single person who has tried both a low pwm (aka vamo @ 33hz) vs a high pwm (aka Provari at @ 800hz) or a direct dc mod can IMMEDIATLEY tell the difference in the taste/quality of the vape.

I don't need scientific tests to prove it, and i don't own a provari.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
Semovar...

Thought about getting that until I saw how inaccurate and inconsistant the voltage was compared to the ProVari. Also, I think there is/was an issue with it giving a low battery warning at like 3.6-3.7 volts, but not with all units. That could be looked at as inconsistancy in the product. There was one vid I watched where the person kept firing it through a volt meter again and again. The voltage would be off by .1, then .2. then .1 again, then a couple times it was almost .5 off.

Try again.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I got my husbands Provari off the classies. I knew it was scuffed, but the 510 pin hadn't been cleaned in quite some time, and I imagine that neither did the contact point inside the tunes, the threading, etc. I threw a wrap on it, gave in a good cleaning, and hubby has been vaping away happily on it. Works like my 2 month old Mini. Aside from Semovar, i can't quite see myself taking a risk in buying a used regulated device off the classies. I like that even if I buy it off the classies, I can have it repaired if something goes wrong. The warranty may not be there, but an option to pay for a repair will always be. This is important considering out lifestyle. Between the kids at home, the pool and the associated accidents around it, my commute, my husbands job, etc, that peace of mind was important. We don't sub ohm, we don't vape past 10 watts really, and safety is key for us with a toddler.

I can't comment in a 33hz chip or the difference as I've never had a 33 hz device unless we are counting variable volt egos. Of that counts, yes, the vape is better in the Provari at the same voltage. The Provari also beats my MVP2, but not by much. I would still recommend the MVP 2 or the iTaste VVv3 to those looking to upgrade from ego's without the budget for a Provari.

I really don't understand this feud between Provari owners and those who prefer other devices. I had my reasons to go with Provari. Others are looking for other things the Provari may not have. Both sides are essentially right. People just need to find what works for them,

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'd be interested to know how you collected the data that enabled you to definitively describe the needs of the vast majority of vapers.

I own both devices and a few more. The Semovar is better engineered and better constructed. It has many more user options. The quality of the vape is no less than that of the provari. The provari is a good device and I use mine alongside my 2 Semovars with toppers filled with different flavors. Its sole advantage for me is a more compact form factor when both devices are configured with 18650's.

I don't hate provari's. A provari is an inanimate device. To hate an inanimate object would be ridiculous. On the other hand I despise delusional fanboism no matter the product. I'll call it out whenever I encounter it.

As far as trolling threads I might ask you the same.

The Semovar is not as good as the ProVari, and no way is the build quality even close. It may have more options, but it cannot buck the voltage down, it has issues with accuracy and consistant voltage output, and some known issues with some units saying the battery is low at atound 3.6-3.7 volts.

My ProVari does not indicate battery low until it hits 3.2 volts.

The problem with these new chips is that they can't buck the voltage down for one thing, and they try to make them variable wattage devices, but with the same 3 to 6 volt limit. This makes it more complicated to do which is probably one of the reasons they are not as accurate as they could be.

~just sayin~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread