Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Depends on your preferences...

I'll toss out a couple that I think would appeal to those who love Reos, as alternates for change of pace without giving up some core Reo qualities below.

Note - I've got at least 20 non-Reo mech squonkers...still can't wait to see what's coming next from Reo though!!

1) SVB mods. Reminds me of Reo in quality of construction; Alum body powdercoated with crazy cool finishes; a proprietor who regularly discards mods that have the very slightest imperfection (he refused to sell me an orange, when the orange powerdercoat wasn't curing to his satisfaction - looked fine to me, but he threw it in the bushes and started over). It's a "list on Facebook," then wait while he makes them order process.
newandold.jpg

EDIT - oops, I actually forgot - this is a mosfet, not pure mech. But it's so reliable and such a good clean hit, I THINK of it as a mech, lol.

2) Signature SQ. I'd have a few of these, but they're a little pricey, and you never seem to see them used. Because they're really good, solid. Again - an Alum body, anodized in all kinds of colors. Nifty design aspects like the insert that holds the contact strip in perfect place (but which is removable to completely strip and clean the mod), and front and back panels both held on by good magnets. Really compact - but not TOO tight inside like some little boxes I've had...
Straight website ordering...
sq and reo.jpg

So what is the best mechanical squonker these days?

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Me too Robin. Mine are nice and road worn except for my painted SL Kawasaki green which still looks new despite being my number 1 for the past year. I've often thought of a temp control unit but the last mod with a circuit board only lasted a few months. Me, not interested in any mod but a reo.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I had the wonderful pleasure of hanging with the one and only @Sloth Tonight and his lovely sig other last night.

Great fun. They're holidaying in these parts and seeing the sights (sloth's first time on an ocean-going boat yesterday).

What I can say is however adorable you think he is from in here an on his ytube channel, he's more IRL. Super person, as is his partner.
It was an incredible pleasure meeting you, I can't say it enough. Thank you for a wonderful, memorable time :)

Reoville, Boomer passed away last night. It was sudden, and we may never know what happened. I think it was a stroke. He died in my arms...

I wanted to post it here as Boomer has a long history here in the Ville. He loved it here. As do I.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    It was an incredible pleasure meeting you, I can't say it enough. Thank you for a wonderful, memorable time :)

Reoville, Boomer passed away last night. It was sudden, and we may never know what happened. I think it was a stroke. He died in my arms...

I wanted to post it here as Boomer has a long history here in the Ville. He loved it here. As do I.
    :( Very sorry to hear this Tim. I know how special he was to you and Reoville.
    Hope to see you around here occasionally, even if you have quit vaping.
    Sad day....

Last edited:

MsLoud

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 16, 2013

So sorry. His love for you and you for him is so precious to see in all the adventures you shared with us here over the years.
    RIP Boomer.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    upload_2018-10-31_15-0-25.png

So sorry. Boomer was special.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2013
    Gabriola Island, Canada

OMG, Tim. So sorry to hear about Boomer. @Doffy will be crushed. Bug hug to you and C, both.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread