Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I envision Rob sitting on the edge of a beautiful lake in Maine, his line cast whilst listening to none other than Porcupine Tree :D

edit: this song is from the brains behind Porcupine Tree, so still relevant, and it was the first song I listened to after the news he was selling REOs mods:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Well said @Sloth Tonight and @SteamStack! Talk about someone who made a big difference to so many. I too hope that Rob is getting some extra relaxation and play time.

Say, I have a question. I had a chance to play with my new silbervein P-67 tonight and had difficulty screwing in any of my atomizers (after 1/4 turn, it would stick). I use the same attys on my other P-67 and Grand. I don't want to force it for the sake of the mod or atty. I sent an email to Eric just now and Im sure he will get back with me.

Any suggestions?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Well said @Sloth Tonight and @SteamStack! Talk about someone who made a big difference to so many. I too hope that Rob is getting some extra relaxation and play time.

Say, I have a question. I had a chance to play with my new silbervein P-67 tonight and had difficulty screwing in any of my atomizers (after 1/4 turn, it would stick). I use the same attys on my other P-67 and Grand. I don't want to force it for the sake of the mod or atty. I sent an email to Eric just now and Im sure he will get back with me.

Any suggestions?

Wow.. only 1/4 turn? Might be stripped threads. Most likely a thread right at the top that you can see..

Can try to turn it till tight and then back it off over and over to slowly break in the threads.

Have you tried other attys to see if any work? Prob best to get one a little looser fit to break it in. Also a crappy atty just encase it gets to the point were you may have to grab a pliers to remove.

So turn in on and off multiple times.. then remove and blow out any loose metal shards. Repeat.

Also might want to get a magnifying glass or better 10x loop and have a closer look at the threads to see.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Just got an e-mail from the HQ - September 20th is when the website shuts down. Last chance for grabbing supplies, people... :(

I did not get that one, if that is the case, then I will have to live with what I have, I can't order anything else this month till after the 26th. I was going to order some of the inserts for the Grand and the 14500 mini, I don't have any spares at all, and at $17.00 each, I just cant do it. :(

KAS

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I did not get that one, if that is the case, then I will have to live with what I have, I can't order anything else this month till after the 26th. I was going to order some of the inserts for the Grand and the 14500 mini, I don't have any spares at all, and at $17.00 each, I just cant do it. :(

KAS
Sent you a PM, please read it when you get a chance!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey everyone, in case people missed or didn't get the e-mail from HQ, here it is:

Well Folks,

As some of you may know, the time has come to say goodbye to REOSmods.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2018. I have undergone 5 surgeries from November 2018 and July 2019. Over this past year we have not been able to effectively manage the business. So after deliberation, some arguing, tear, prayers, and heartache, we have decided to shut down https://www.reosmods.com

. I am on the mind and looking forward to a long and happy life with Eric. All of you will be missed.

To that end, everything on the website is marked down by 50% or more. Everything is a first come first serve, and when it is gone it is gone. The site will close September 20, 2019. Any interest in buying the website, intellectual properties (domain name, patent,and trade name),and vendor list please contact Eric at eric@reosmods.com

Please note that because of all the support everyone has been showing us we a running behind on shipping. Please be patient and know we are doing our best to serve you. You may get an email that your order has been completed but until you receive a shipping notice with tracking information, the order is still be processed.

It has been great meeting and getting to know all of you REOnauts.

Thank you,

Cindy and Eric

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Need some advice. Gonna order some parts for my Reo Grand LP. Which of the Positive Contacts should I get? I see the Heavy Duty, and Standard. What's the difference? And if I get the Heavy Duty, will they work on any of the Metal Grands?

The heavy duty ones were Rob's answer to button mashers, people were bending the hell out of the standard ones. I only have the LP grands, but they should fit in both. :|

KAS

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
The heavy duty ones were Rob's answer to button mashers, people were bending the hell out of the standard ones. I only have the LP grands, but they should fit in both. :|KAS
Thanks man. I'll order a few of both.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Wow.. only 1/4 turn? Might be stripped threads. Most likely a thread right at the top that you can see..

Can try to turn it till tight and then back it off over and over to slowly break in the threads.

Have you tried other attys to see if any work? Prob best to get one a little looser fit to break it in. Also a crappy atty just encase it gets to the point were you may have to grab a pliers to remove.

So turn in on and off multiple times.. then remove and blow out any loose metal shards. Repeat.

Also might want to get a magnifying glass or better 10x loop and have a closer look at the threads to see.
Thank you! You gave me the courage to do what I needed to do! I pulled out an old IGO that I haven't used since I started squonking with Reos 6 plus years ago. I screwed in and out, blew and cleaned with a qtip soaked w/alcohol and repeated again and again....got further in! At last, both my O-16 and NArda screw in all the way.

Thank you so much @SteamStack! Damn I love Reoville!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hey everyone, in case people missed or didn't get the e-mail from HQ, here it is:

Well Folks,

As some of you may know, the time has come to say goodbye to REOSmods.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2018. I have undergone 5 surgeries from November 2018 and July 2019. Over this past year we have not been able to effectively manage the business. So after deliberation, some arguing, tear, prayers, and heartache, we have decided to shut down https://www.reosmods.com

. I am on the mind and looking forward to a long and happy life with Eric. All of you will be missed.

To that end, everything on the website is marked down by 50% or more. Everything is a first come first serve, and when it is gone it is gone. The site will close September 20, 2019. Any interest in buying the website, intellectual properties (domain name, patent,and trade name),and vendor list please contact Eric at eric@reosmods.com

Please note that because of all the support everyone has been showing us we a running behind on shipping. Please be patient and know we are doing our best to serve you. You may get an email that your order has been completed but until you receive a shipping notice with tracking information, the order is still be processed.

It has been great meeting and getting to know all of you REOnauts.

Thank you,

Cindy and Eric
Ouch.....we knew it was coming. I’ve accepted it but ouch! If any of us finds out when the Forum closes, lets make a move and find somewhere together q?

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thank you! You gave me the courage to do what I needed to do! I pulled out an old IGO that I haven't used since I started squonking with Reos 6 plus years ago. I screwed in and out, blew and cleaned with a qtip soaked w/alcohol and repeated again and again....got further in! At last, both my O-16 and NArda screw in all the way.

Thank you so much @SteamStack! Damn I love Reoville!

No problem! Glad I could help you out!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

KAS

I reconsidered this, tonight I pulled out all my REO receipts, and made up a list of all the parts I have ever ordered. Then made up a list of the things, I thought I should get a few more of, and the things that I had never ordered before. It ended up being a lot more money then I thought it was going to be, but ordered it all anyway. It is going to be a tough bill to pay next month, but worth it in the end. No mods tho, those are actually cheaper than the parts are.

KAS

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread