Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well I decided to do a voltage test to see if it has any kind of regulation. Instead of a coil, I ran 2 wires and attached them to my DVM. When the button is pushed on a new charge, it shows full battery voltage, after vaping it today, the voltage has dropped .46 volts. Conclusion, it gives straight battery voltage. I guess I don't notice because as the battery goes down I guess I take longer hits. Going to try to see how low it goes before it cuts off.

Edit: Looks like it cuts off around 3.4 volts.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
One my pods dry firing i think getting bad throat burn. Any idea what causing that? This is a stock on not rebuilt. Using 70vg 30pg. Thanks
The wick is silica, which does not wick VG very good, too thick. It is better to use a high PG liquid, or thin the high VG with distilled water to help the wicking. Hope that helps.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Posting to keep the thread from being closed. :)

GOOD job, Burnie!!!

Saving The Rock. :thumbs:

Dwayne_Johnson_2,_2013.jpg

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Thank you @Burnie and the other contributors to this thread.

Wife is thinking she's ready to dip into vaping again and The Rock looked good to her.
That's Great, I really hope it works for her. :) Wish I could get my DW to try ANY device, she keeps saying she wants to, but won't even try vaping. :(

Reactions: BillW50

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I'd have my wife call yours but my wife might enjoy complaining about my vape hobby a little too much;)
They would just compare notes about both of our vape hobby's :lol:, but she just sees the toys, but she really don't know how much I have spent over the years (well over $6000) :facepalm:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Been using mine for a couple of months as my pocket-work-mod and it is going strong. Perfect for sneaking away for a few puffs with some Mr Salt-E vanilla custard at 45mg.

Can't believe this thing only cost me 10 bucks. Yeah, it's cheap plastic and feels cheap compared to my MyJets, and bulkier, but 10 bucks? Tough to complain, and if I break it or lose it, or if it stops working at this point, who cares? I wish this was available 4-5 years ago - it would have saved me from spending $30-40 on a crappy gas-station Ego and clearomizer.

The Rock is a steal and works perfectly.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you @Burnie and the other contributors to this thread.

Wife is thinking she's ready to dip into vaping again and The Rock looked good to her.

Take a look at the Vapeccino Mate1. Best pod system I've tried so far. Basically the same as every other vape pen, but build quality is better than average and pods are designed to be refilled and last longer than traditional pods and coils. They even offer two different pods, one for more restrictive mouth to lung vape and one similar to the Rock's airy draw.

Reactions: CagedSpam
Well I figured out how to do a rebuild video :D
I taped my phone to my magnifying glass, was hard to do looking through the phone screen, but I think it turned out well for my "First Ever How To Video". :banana:

I hope it will help you on your rebuilding efforts. :)

Easier to see if you play it full screen.

Took 4 times as long to upload and publish than it took to film it. :facepalm:

Doesnt look easy, but very much possible.
Thanks for this.
Now I can safely say I'm ready to add a Rock to my pod collection.

Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
If the bottle doesn't have a needle tip, I just dig out the syringe from my DIY box.

I have a syringe that is supposedly for ejuice from a vape shop. But that thing takes forever to pull in any ejuice (like 5 minutes to pull in 5ml). And to push it out, luckily I guess I can press the plunger to over 100psi. And once in awhile the needle flies off and shoots ejuice all over. :(

I also use insulin and I have tons of syringes for them. Sadly, they are even smaller and it probably would take an hour to get 1ml into one of them. :(

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Okay @Burnie, you talked me into getting one. Been looking at these for a few weeks now. I knew that the electrictobacconist had them for $9.99. And I probably would have still waited to get one until I read page 1 and you mentioned VapinArt. I checked and they are like $18.95 or something plus shipping. But that cool bag! I love that thing. Did you also get that bag? I hope mine does. :)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I have a syringe that is supposedly for ejuice from a vape shop. But that thing takes forever to pull in any ejuice (like 5 minutes to pull in 5ml).

Pull the plunger. Plug the tip. Pour from the bottle into the syringe. Insert plunger. Voila!

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Okay @Burnie, you talked me into getting one. Been looking at these for a few weeks now. I knew that the electrictobacconist had them for $9.99. And I probably would have still waited to get one until I read page 1 and you mentioned VapinArt. I checked and they are like $18.95 or something plus shipping. But that cool bag! I love that thing. Did you also get that bag? I hope mine does. :)

Yes I got that cool bag. I might get another one just for the bag. I don't care much for the Boulder Rock though. It vapes too hot. Way too easy to get a burnt hit. No wonder Burnie rebuilds with 2.4Ω coils. That should cool things down a bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread