The Rose v2 Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mhmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like a rose it is! Just have to clear some other gear out before moving forward. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm waffling here...so many choices! Any thoughts on the ubertoot compared to the rose?

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I'm waffling here...so many choices! Any thoughts on the ubertoot compared to the rose?

The ubertoot seems to have a problem with condensation and juice getting in the base and causing gurgling , according to what I've read both the authentic and the clones are susceptible to this . That's enough to put me off of ordering one . However my third Rose should be in my hands tomorrow . I've gone through a crapload of atty's and nothing else delivers the flavor of a Rose V2 with the bulletproof reliability of a Rose IMO . Best rta out there IMO .

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

ignotus

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2014
Texas
I realize this may be sacrilage but I have a clone rose v2 as I'm poor but if ins the airflow too restrictive . I guess my question is has anybody ever drilled one out ?

Take the tank off and check to see which post your exterior air-hole is in line with (more or less), the positive or the negative. If negative, it's obstructed by the insulator, and you'll need to cut off a piece of it. If positive, then the Rose just may not suit you.

3mhmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
Los Angeles
Got a rose v2 through the classifieds, and now I understand what everyone here has been raving about! Well made atty with amazing flavor!
The draw is pretty tight so it's more of a chill out and enjoy the vape kind of device...not as good when you're needing a vape fix because the draw requires some patience. But I'm enjoying it so far!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Got a rose v2 through the classifieds, and now I understand what everyone here has been raving about! Well made atty with amazing flavor!
The draw is pretty tight so it's more of a chill out and enjoy the vape kind of device...not as good when you're needing a vape fix because the draw requires some patience. But I'm enjoying it so far!

You can always go to a vertical coil if you want more airflow .

ignotus

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2014
Texas
I have three Rose atomizers. Some time ago on this thread, I described a problem I had noticed on the second one, namely that the airhole was obstructed by the upper insulator resulting in a less-than-optimal draw. After a small alteration, the problem was resolved. Now I am performing the same alteration on my third Rose. Since I doubt that I'm unlucky enough as to have received the only two Roses like this in existence, I thought I would take some pictures along the way to illustrate exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.

This is the upper insulator:

PG8OEbQ.jpg

The screw on the left side transfers current to the positive post. On the other side, there is a semicircular projection that hangs down well past the rim of the upper base. The upper base is screwed onto the lower base to form a single unit. The lower base has the exterior airhole. When the two are screwed together, the airhole may end up on the positive side of the upper base or the negative side (this varies between atomizers, not on a single atomizer). If it winds up on the positive side, all is well. This one, however, winds up on the negative side:

ueQmGIv.jpg

As a result, the airhole is obstructed by the insulator. If I turn on the flash, you can clearly see it:

J6H3B5l.jpg

mrMxQ8V.jpg

I asked the guys at Eden Mods about this, and they said their CNC machines were not programmed to avoid this, since there’s space between the airhole and insulator and therefore air can still get around it. That’s true, but having experienced it both ways, I can tell you that the difference is significant. The draw on this Rose, pre-alteration and fully open, is about the same as it will be nearly closed post-alteration.

To fix the problem, insert a sharp pin against the right rim of the airhole and dig it into the insulator. This will mark where you need to cut:

DNBzvyV.jpg

Now use Mr. Razorblade to cut down through the projection. Do it at such an angle as to make sure both the exterior and interior airholes are unobstructed (the interior airhole is in the center of the insulator disc). Just beneath the blade you can see the beginning of an incorrect cut:

MOkJzOP.jpg

Now flip the insulator on its side, grip it with padded pliers, and cut the offending part of the insulator off. This has already been done in the following picture:

xiEXJuN.jpg

Your insulator should end up like this:

WgHYnWX.jpg

Now you can enjoy the Rose with the draw it was meant to have.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread