The Russian (full size) annoyance..frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo i got my replacement from MBV cleaned it all up with dawn and alcohol soak. Coil up a 1.4ohm micro with 28ga kanthal, biowick cotton 4mm thick. Fill her up all is good vapes great...until i need to refill. What the @$!#/ am I doing wrong? I cannot fill with the valve..at all. Ive tried long plastic tips on bottles (nice snug fit, all the way in) and all i get is full on resistance i cant squeeze juice in. Metal tip needle that came with the russian...all of it comes back out and onto me. Green 18ga syringe tips...no luck. Ok so i try top filling it, i unscrew the drip tip, pressure om the airhole, unscrew top cap and fill. I put top back on half a turn, turn her upside down let go of airhole, wait for air pocket, screw it all the way down. Aaaand i get juice outnof the chimney and chamber is flooded. So far im frustrated to the point where i dont want to touch it anymore...my EHPro 3.1 is rocking it up no issues, fill from bottom screw all is well no mess no floods. Does anyone have a clue what in the world I am doing wrong? I will kiss you, fondle you, buy you things and marry you if you can help me out. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Ok so i try top filling it, i unscrew the drip tip, pressure om the airhole, unscrew top cap and fill. I put top back on half a turn, turn her upside down let go of airhole, wait for air pocket, screw it all the way down. Aaaand i get juice outnof the chimney and chamber is flooded.
Turn the cap back on nearly all the way... you don't have a good seal between chimney and top cap o-ring at only 1/2 turn.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
I use a needle tip pulled from a Hangsen bottle that I just shove into whatever juice I am using via needle nose pliers. It needs to pass through the valve HOLE and depress the valve. If it doesn't it will just squirt everywhere. I use this on my 3.1 clones. My RUSSIAN clone does not have a fill valve. It has an air adjustment hex screw, and an air hole. It bottom fills via screw.

Which atomizer do you have?

If you are trying to put a fill tip into the head of a hex screw that would explain why it doesn't work.

At all...

IE: Can we please see it?

I use a needle tip pulled from a Hangsen bottle that I just shove into whatever juice I am using via needle nose pliers. It needs to pass through the valve HOLE and depress the valve. If it doesn't it will just squirt everywhere. I use this on my 3.1 clones. My RUSSIAN clone does not have a fill valve. It has an air adjustment hex screw, and an air hole. It bottom fills via screw.

Which atomizer do you have?

If you are trying to put a fill tip into the head of a hex screw that would explain why it doesn't work.

At all...

IE: Can we please see it?

I have a full size authentic kebo russian. No bottom fill screw. Heres a pic of the valve
da4a3usu.jpg
jaqazybu.jpg
vybydeba.jpg

Just top fill it man. You might have slight gurgling after that, but let it get to the wick, and it vapes away.

Top filling is messy for me. I gotta have a napkin handy for top cap and soak up whats pushed out of evaporation chamber

Ive gotten a tad better at top filling, minimal flooding but i did notice the collector cup on bottom is so full of juice its starting to weep between threads.. :/. When you hold the air hole is the juice supposed to jump upwards as you unscrew the top cap? I find it happens everytime making me think theres suction forcing juice through the airhole beneath my coil into the collector

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
I top fill my full russian and much preferred. I dont like dinking with the bottle fill method.

I also loosen top tube for a few seconds after completing filling procedure to let any air bubble out.

Very satisfied with my full russian. I have the Authentic kfl+ too. VERY Tempted to purchase the black 91% on pre sale right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread