How do you refill the Russian 91% from the top w/o it leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjgotgame24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
North Jersey
I tried covering both airholes while filling it, putting cap back on slightly, turning it upside down then screwing it all the way in but it still leaked. I know this was a method people were using on the kayfun 3.1 however I was wondering if there was another method. It could be that I didnt follow the procedures smoothly, especially the screwing of the top cap back while its upside down. If I dont get the threads aligned right away it leads to me having to unscrew it and screw it on again while its upside down which can lead to the juice escaping. Very annoying way to refill the juice, any other methods from the top without it leaking?

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Just cover the single air hole and fill. Then screw the top on completely (don't worry about just catching the threads). When it's all back together, hold it upside down and cover the air hole. Then while inverted take a few tight drags from the tip. That will get the vacuum going. Voila!

Metamorpheus, I don't think you can overfill when doing it from the top. A decent portion will be empty because you cannot top off completely without the top cap on, it holds some juice that would now be empty if filling from the top.

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

betterthanyou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
southern california
I tried covering both airholes while filling it, putting cap back on slightly, turning it upside down then screwing it all the way in but it still leaked. I know this was a method people were using on the kayfun 3.1 however I was wondering if there was another method. It could be that I didnt follow the procedures smoothly, especially the screwing of the top cap back while its upside down. If I dont get the threads aligned right away it leads to me having to unscrew it and screw it on again while its upside down which can lead to the juice escaping. Very annoying way to refill the juice, any other methods from the top without it leaking?
I have found with the Kayfun that filling it up fully messes up a proper vacuum. Fill it 50-75% capacity, cover the airhole with one finger as you are filling, and screw the top cap back on while it is upside down. To prevent juice from escaping when you flip it upside down make sure the top cap and oring are pressed firmly into the threading below, and tighten quickly. You shouldn't have juice escaping if you're doing this part correctly. But really try filling with less juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread