1. Black Cherry - NETcom

Best Cigarette
1. NS Brown - NETcom

Best English/Latakia Blend
1. Balkan - NETcom

Best Turkish/Oriental Blend

Best NET RY4

Best Synthetic/non-NET tobacco

..now in glorious lurque mode from the Vast And Prohibitively Expensive Laboratory somewhere in Frankenmizeria..

TexasVet

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
The Republic of ... TEXAS
BALLOT REVISED

Best NET Overall
1. Peachy Criminal (Ahl) move over O >>>>Orange Creamsicle (Ahl)
2. Apple Wild Wood (Ahl)
3. Full Virginia Flake RY4 (MOV)

Best Sweeter NET
1. Peachy Criminal (Ahl)
2. Apple Wild Wood (Ahl)
3. Vita Bella (GeJ)

Best Drier NET
1. Patriot (GeJ)
2. Organic#1 (GeJ)
2. Huntsman (HHV)

Best Fruit Tobacco
1. I guess this category confuses me :D
2. I guess I haven't vaped any
3. I wouldn't know what this is if I slipped on the peel/rind

Best Flavored Tobacco
1. Apple Wildwood (Ahl)
2. Vita Bella (GeJ)
3. Shipwreck (Ahl)

Best Pipe
1. Patriot (GeJ)
2. Black Cavendish (N-E-T)

Best NET RY4
1. Full Virginia Flake RY4 (MOV)
2. GJ4 (GeJ)
3. Heathers Heavenly Tobacco (HHV)

Best Synthetic/non-NET tobacco
1. Tribeca (Halo)

Honorable mentions:
Heavenly Army (HHV)

Not nearly a far ranging vaper yet and maybe not ever, due to all the help/advice given in the Big RY4 list, Natural Tobacco threads. :)

disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my budds preferences at any time. :D

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thanks for clarifying, u da Mann. :p

Note: I never said that I could taste the tobacco in those, but it's there! LOL. Naw, in some of the steeped RTBs (not high on VG) I can taste the extract, but it's more of a feel than a taste. With the HBs, well, it's in there somewhere. :laugh:

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I need guidance: are Ahlusion's River Tree Blends NETs, or not? :confused:

Cut/paste from the website-

Cherry River Tree:

This is from our River Tree Blend series of tobacco FLAVORS. This is a non-Aromatic blend.

The River Tree Blend line is not a signature Ahlusion creation and is not based on Ahlusion tobacco extracts.

House Blend:

Based on our natural tobacco extracts. This is a non-Aromatic blend.

Last edited:

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States
Note: I never said that I could taste the tobacco in those, but it's there! LOL. Naw, in some of the steeped RTBs (not high on VG) I can taste the extract, but it's more of a feel than a taste. With the HBs, well, it's in there somewhere. :laugh:

Ya know, I do get some tobacco in the River Tree Blends, along with............some other stuff. I wish I could figure them out, but alas, that is part of what makes me continue to try them out. The House Blends -- yeah, I agree with you. They're still not touching Vecchio's "lost tobacco" level for me, though.

Anyways -- I'd like to submit my vote as well for Lemon Cream in the NETtys. Hey, it goes in the sweeter NET category, right? :laugh: But which would I bump from the list?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Cut/paste from the website-

Cherry River Tree:

This is from our River Tree Blend series of tobacco FLAVORS. This is a non-Aromatic blend.

The River Tree Blend line is not a signature Ahlusion creation and is not based on Ahlusion tobacco extracts.

House Blend:

Based on our natural tobacco extracts. This is a non-Aromatic blend.

I asked Wlad about that a waze back when and he said "not based on Ahlusion tobacco extracts" means that the tobacco extract used for the RTBs was not used in any of their regular line, i.e., "Ahlusion extracts". However, he has made many revisions of the RTBs since 2012 (though, interestingly enough the wording on the site remains the same), but I only had them in early 2013 so I can't speak to any changes. As many of you know, he created the WW series based off the RTBs. I am only speculating, but I think he took the ingredient profile of RTBs and substituted all Ahlusion-based flavorings to model those after the RTB counterparts.

This is an excerpt of an email exchange with Wlad from August of 2012. I had asked about all of his tobaccos, and in particular the RTBs not containing tobacco extracts. I wanted to know if they were artificially flavored with zero tobacco extract (I referred to extract as "tobacco DNA").

"All our tobaccos are contain real tobacco (DNA as you say it) and both go through a very involved process – just the type of tobacco which makes that distinction in classification...

"...The only other line of tobaccos which I already mentioned in that damned “River Tree line”, which contains even less tobacco DNA..."

What I take from that is there is some (even if very little) extract used in the RTBs, and not an extract used in his made-for-Ahlusion line. Does any of this matter? Maybe for this thread, but if it's good to you, vape it. If you want to really taste tobacco, not just as a taste-feel, you might want to look elsewhere.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I asked Wlad about that a waze back when and he said "not based on Ahlusion tobacco extracts" means that the tobacco extract used for the RTBs was not used in any of their regular line, i.e., "Ahlusion extracts". However, he has made many revisions of the RTBs since 2012 (though, interestingly enough the wording on the site remains the same), but I only had them in early 2013 so I can't speak to any changes. As many of you know, he created the WW series based off the RTBs. I am only speculating, but I think he took the ingredient profile of RTBs and substituted all Ahlusion-based flavorings to model those after the RTB counterparts.

This is an excerpt of an email exchange with Wlad from August of 2012. I had asked about all of his tobaccos, and in particular the RTBs not containing tobacco extracts. I wanted to know if they were artificially flavored with zero tobacco extract (I referred to extract as "tobacco DNA").

"All our tobaccos are contain real tobacco (DNA as you say it) and both go through a very involved process – just the type of tobacco which makes that distinction in classification...

"...The only other line of tobaccos which I already mentioned in that damned “River Tree line”, which contains even less tobacco DNA..."

What I take from that is there is some (even if very little) extract used in the RTBs, and not an extract used in his made-for-Ahlusion line. Does any of this matter? Maybe for this thread, but if it's good to you, vape it. If you want to really taste tobacco, not just as a taste-feel, you might want to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the breakdown, MM. I figured you had had a behind the scenes conversation with Wlad leading you to your conclusions. I just wanted to point out, that to someone reading *just* the website descriptions (like me, for example), the way its worded, it doesn't really indicate that RTB a NET. But it makes total that they are, at least a little bit NET.

TexasVet

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
The Republic of ... TEXAS
TexasVet, is Orange Creamsicle a Tobacco juice?

/I shrug. Beats me, I just went on the quote 'All Ahlusion juices are N-E-Ts'.

Seriously, I'll remove the entry if it isn't. I don't taste any tobacco nor is it referenced in their description of it.

@18mg nic, my conclusion, right or wrong, is that 'nicotine' comes from tobacco... or some chemistry lab, which I hope Wlad doesn't use.

So, educate me.

Jerms?, Mann?, jefsview? anyone?

If you say so buddy :p

So, I can't remove the entry, or any other incorrect entry, so count it as a ZERO (no vote).

I was so thrilled about waving the flag for my outstanding juice, I guess I forgot it didn't qualify here.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thanks for the breakdown, MM. I figured you had had a behind the scenes conversation with Wlad leading you to your conclusions. I just wanted to point out, that to someone reading *just* the website descriptions (like me, for example), the way its worded, it doesn't really indicate that RTB a NET. But it makes total that they are, at least a little bit NET.

Somebody like you and me! I thought the same thing after reading it and even after tasting it. But I think that the tobacco used in the RTBs is more of a other-flavor-balancer than an ingredient used to be showcased. Now in the WWs, I think the tobacco used is really intended to be part of the act (it tastes like it).

/I shrug. Beats me, I just went on the quote 'All Ahlusion juices are N-E-Ts'.

Seriously, I'll remove the entry if it isn't. I don't taste any tobacco nor is it referenced in their description of it.

@18mg nic, my conclusion, right or wrong, is that 'nicotine' comes from tobacco... or some chemistry lab, which I hope Wlad doesn't use.

So, educate me.

Jerms?, Mann?, jefsview? anyone?

haha! I don't know where you read "All Ahlusion juices are N-E-Ts," but if you read something similar it was that all Ahlusion's tobaccos are.

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
Best NET Overall
1. Patriot - GEJ
2. BGB - Ahlusion

Best Sweeter NET
1. Huntsman - HHV

Best Drier NET
1. BGB- Ahlusion
2. Devil Dog - Ahlusion