• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Stick has Arrived!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I got my 510. I like it's vapor production, but I have to say the battery life is a true frustration with it. It does pump out a lot of vapor, but it generally doesn't seem as flavorful as with my 901 or 402.

I've been looking into battery prices for mods, and I have changed my mind about Janty Sticks being pricey. I'm kind of regretting getting the 510, and wish I had gotten a Stick, or put the money into some batteries for the mod. I now have three different chargers going constantly, and have a mess of different stuff. I get through my vaping day, but I think I've reached the point where something that has a longer lasting battery sounds like it would be simpler.

Hey there, Harmony!

I got a passthrough, adaptors to use in the car & wallwart and some extra batteries. Then, came the real God send: the PCC from Widows. LOVE the PCC!!! I will warn you, the 'blue' is almost a purple, so if matalic purple isn't your thing....LOL
Plus, it only takes about an hour to recharge the battery, so one really could get by on two batteries, as long as you don't mind constantly recharging the other one.

As for taste; I've learned that I can't have anything too yummy, or my PV turns into a pacifier, so I really haven't paid too much attention to the differance in tastes.
Although, I just got 2 bottles of juice from JC and the Artic Mint is nothing like what I had in their sample pack. Bummed about that; but it's do-able.

Anyway; I just wanted to toss in my two cents.

I'm still really interested in the stick. Being able to hold it in your hand seems kind of cool....like you are being sneaky about something LOL :p
Plus, I do like the idea of having a more 'universal' type battery in it - something that maybe Batteries Plus might carry??

btw, Harmony - if you decide to get rid of your 510, let me know!

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks girls,,, I guess I'm guilty of whining here a little. I do like my 510,,, it's a powerhouse.

I just have to try to control my spending a little better,,, lol,,, hard to do,,,, now I want a PCC, too. lol

I can't help but be a little envious of long battery life, but as Vicks said,,, it's a trade off.

I'm a happy vaper,,, just have a lot of batteries to deal with,,,,

Thanks for your feedback as always MlrGlr!! This group is top shelf!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Thanks girls,,, I guess I'm guilty of whining here a little. I do like my 510,,, it's a powerhouse.

I just have to try to control my spending a little better,,, lol,,, hard to do,,,, now I want a PCC, too. lol

I can't help but be a little envious of long battery life, but as Vicks said,,, it's a trade off.

Harmony - whine away - nothing to be ashamed of, really. We all whine (me, particularly, lately :D)

As for the controling the spending thing, we've all got the "gotta get 'em all" fever for these new toys of ours.....If I'd have known then what I know now (part of the whole ecig attraction for me was the "save money" hook - yeh, RIGHT!!!!) I still would have come to vaping, just had a better battle plan as far as money was concerned. *sigh* prodigy on the way to Watertown....

We're here for ya, bud!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI

Oh my, Harmony, what whining??? You were just stating a fact!
I have no idea what it is about writing here that turns me into a bumbling idiot! I think it's my total excitement over it all LOL

Since we are sharing whines (I like a blush LOL), mine is the attys get too hot before I'm ready to take a break! LOL I guess I'm a sprinter; when I puff, I puff a bunch, then take a break...it's not like a constant thing. I've never realized that about myself before.
Which is one of the main reasons I really love the 510 - won't shut off on me after a 10 second drag! LOL

Harmony - whine away - nothing to be ashamed of, really. We all whine (me, particularly, lately :D)

As for the controling the spending thing, we've all got the "gotta get 'em all" fever for these new toys of ours.....If I'd have known then what I know now (part of the whole ecig attraction for me was the "save money" hook - yeh, RIGHT!!!!) I still would have come to vaping, just had a better battle plan as far as money was concerned. *sigh* prodigy on the way to Watertown....

We're here for ya, bud!

Prodigy?? ears are perking up....you ordered the Prodigy??!!! OMG!! how cool!!! I don't remember if I had just placed my first order when he announced the pre-orders for it, or if I had just recieved it, but I really fell in love with it. Of course, then I saw a stick, and I was torn. But, with both items being as new as me, I wasn't ready to go there LOL

Must make meeting sooner......LOL

As for spending; just a few short weeks ago, I was seeing people talking about how much they spent. Umm...likewise, Vicks..what are these people spending money on?? LMAO!! I saw that Ruyan was selling the 510s for under $40, so I of course had to get one, and some real?? (they said it wasn't 'real' RY4 - but it's from Ruyan, so what is it?? LOL) RY4 and some 901 carts that I believe are the ones that fit the 510 nicely. If not; well, I'm only out $3 & change - or, use them on my 901 LOL

As for justification; with the President poised to sign the FDA bill, and the parts being so fragile now, you have to scoop them up while you can!! LOL

I really should start reading up on making my own juice......

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Yup - and now I'm stuck with all the others (again!!) for a pre-ordered item, first run, working the bugs out before we ship purchase again.....I think I delight in the nailbiting that comes with it....

I was in the Dura-C drama - refunded.
The Stick drama - patiently waited.
and now, the Prodigy.....

I did need a battery unit that would let me use my 901 attys <read, my excuse for getting the Prodigy>
of course, instead of buying the adapter for the stick (20 bucks) I had to spend a bit more.....:D

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
mlr ,,,Cough cough,,, this 510 really does kick out the vapor!! The battery doesn't have any kind of LED, so I never know when it's gonna quit. I just get a little gurgle, and no vapor,,, then I have to switch batteries. I usually end up taking a few puffs off of the trusty 901 because the other battery isn't ready to go when one dies. That's why I'm lusting for longer battery life!!

Vicks, you might have to call out the flying monkeys to get the first one off the line!!

Luckily you're so well stocked with alternatives!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I've had the stick in my hands for just shy of a month....and it's going to have to go back to the homeland for fixing....

Now, I don't know if its a problem with the leakage finally getting into and corrupting the circuitry (which I would suspect first) or some other problem with it (such as the switch malfunctioning), but it has now died.

Gotta love the problems that come with initial production runs!!! I do have faith that Janty will correct their mfg defects in newer production runs (see the Dura, the Dura-C and the Kissbox....all had trouble in the beginning), so don't get me wrong here, but I wouldn't, at this time, recommend the Stick for someone just starting out.....

You need backup gear with this one until Janty gets the bugs worked out...

Other than that - I still like the Stick, a lot, for reasons I've stated before.....back to the Good Old Rock, my Kissbox, until the Prodigy arrives.

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Kinda funny, the atty compartment was one of the first things I mentioned when you got your stick. It just seemed logical that it could be an issue, especially since there is not much you can do to clean that part out. :) Hope they get it back in working order and figure out something to prevent it from happening. They may have to rethink that design some, or make it so you can open to clean it out.

How are things otherwise, I see you have been more active again lately. :) I'm hoping that is a good sign. I have to admit, I haven't seen as many interesting threads lately and have not been spending nearly as much time on here. I kinda scan around and end up getting a little bored. Wish I was more creative to come up with some of my own interesting threads. LOL

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Did Vicks order a prodigy too? Wow, wish I could keep up, I have already spent so much I'm afraid to buy a different kind as I'm pretty sure my husband would start asking more questions. He has been very supportive, even seems to sell them for me when people ask me about it, but if he only knew how much I had spent... look out. :) LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
**Sigh** yes, I bought a Prodigy, as well....it was a pure despairation/panic buy.....

and no, the order's still processing.... Just love a good pre-order nail biting drama...

VelvetVisions said:
How are things otherwise, I see you have been more active again lately. I'm hoping that is a good sign. I have to admit, I haven't seen as many interesting threads lately and have not been spending nearly as much time on here. I kinda scan around and end up getting a little bored. Wish I was more creative to come up with some of my own interesting threads. LOL

thanks for asking over me, VV - the concern is appreciated! I think I'd have completely melted down were it not for the support I've found in these forums! I have my good days, and my bad days, still.... but then I suppose everyone does. Today isn't one of the better ones...

As for the forum: I sometimes have to push myself to get into the morass that is the general discussion area of this board - but it's gotta be done...there are still new people coming on board all the time, and they need to see something other than the general hissy-fitting that's been going on here lately....GAH - I hate drama!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Did Vicks order a prodigy too? Wow, wish I could keep up, I have already spent so much I'm afraid to buy a different kind as I'm pretty sure my husband would start asking more questions. He has been very supportive, even seems to sell them for me when people ask me about it, but if he only knew how much I had spent... look out. :) LOL

LOL! I know what you mean! I just bought more juice again today....hubby's gonna blow here pretty soon....but when I just buy juice, I am saving money compared to cartons!!

After seeing Vick's KB last week, I'm really, really thinking about it.
I still can't get over how big that cart is! Doubt I'd have to try and drip on my trips to the farm with that thing!! LOL

When things settle down over at Pure Smoke, I'm planning on buying a pass through or two from them. I have a 510 PT, but just looking at it, you know to be careful with the wires at the ends, as the can snap easier than a Christmas tree branch on March 15th!!
And of course, I'm really interested in that prodigy; and I'm waiting for bugs to be worked out on the stick!

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I can definately relate to Velvet and everyone getting tired of the bickering around the rest of the forum,,,

Good thing we got some mellow folks in our group,,, we have our little sanctuary behind the cheddar curtain,,,

Wow, Vick's, you're gathering up the vaping tools!! I was reading over in the Janty forum that people who bought a Stick can send them in, get a replacement, and you get a free Janty Stick 2, when that comes out. Do you know if a person buys one now, if that offer holds?

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I can definately relate to Velvet and everyone getting tired of the bickering around the rest of the forum,,,

Good thing we got some mellow folks in our group,,, we have our little sanctuary behind the cheddar curtain,,,

Wow, Vick's, you're gathering up the vaping tools!! I was reading over in the Janty forum that people who bought a Stick can send them in, get a replacement, and you get a free Janty Stick 2, when that comes out. Do you know if a person buys one now, if that offer holds?

I slapped up a post called 2 wolves in the general discussion that I found very prolific....a piece that was a direct statement (in a roundabout way:D) about the doom and malise current in our forum....

I'm doing the same thing with the Emerald City - it's another quiet sanctuary....

The collection....I think I'm on a `12 device program, instead of a 12 step one...and I'm half-way there:D

Re-Janty.....Whoa - I missed that announcement - I'm going to have to find that, especially now that mine went kaputskie~

See you guys later!

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI

WOW!! Now that's awesome customer service!!
I guess in a way, I'm glad we are getting in on what could be the 'ground floor' of the vaping revolution!
In 5 years, if we are still vaping, we'll be able to tell all the converts "in OUR day, attys lasted maybe a month and batteries were hit or miss!! "
LOL

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI

We're here for ya, bud!

I feel that, I have been spending a lot more than I ever spent with RYO analogs. And now planning to order the prodigy, although I love my stick as well.

Think my best bet at keeping cost down would be to try my hand at making my own battery assembly. The thought of a 2400 mAh 18650 bat for my 801's is sounding pretty good. I work with electronics so the assembly wouldn't be a problem.

I already get a full day out of my stick, switching up between the 510 and an 801. But 2400 mAh, that would last a lot longer.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I feel that, I have been spending a lot more than I ever spent with RYO analogs. And now planning to order the prodigy, although I love my stick as well.

Think my best bet at keeping cost down would be to try my hand at making my own battery assembly. The thought of a 2400 mAh 18650 bat for my 801's is sounding pretty good. I work with electronics so the assembly wouldn't be a problem.

I already get a full day out of my stick, switching up between the 510 and an 801. But 2400 mAh, that would last a lot longer.

Have you been lurking (or posting) in the Modders sections of the forum? There's lots of good advise, building instructions, and the like, in there for all the people on here who have been "voiding warranties since their teens." lol

Modders Forum is where they're at... enjoy!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Got my replacement stick in the mail today - Janty's fantastic when it comes to warranties on their products. Ethan initally responded to my EM within a half hour of my sending it out, offered condolences and assurances that replacement would ship asap - and here it is.... I am once again happily Sticking away....

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
So how do you like the Janty vs the Prodigy? I've been leaning toward Prodigy as my next investment and even there having trouble deciding between 801 and 901 version not understanding the pros/cons of each.

I'll have to do a comparison between the two once I get the Prod in my hot little hands....I'm still stuck in the whole pre-order nail-bite-a-thon drama, and it hasn't shipped yet.

I can tell you that between the stick and the screwdriver, I certainly favored the stick - so much so that I sold off the SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread