RDA The Stumpy™ by Element Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ha! Yep, hadn't refreshed the page.

And like what you said (that I just saw), that is exactly how it is working. I didn't think of it until I went to put the top cap on! Suhweet. I wanted more airflow to the single-coil Clapton, but it wasn't right coming all the way from the other side. Now it does make sense. Super easy to do. Super easy to wick. And when you drip, the coil gets hit directly with the liquid and (especially on a Clapton) gets to immediately absorb it. And like you, I don't like the idea of all that wasted real estate. I like single coil builds, but they feel off balance. Chalk up another positive for the two-post deck.

The hardest part of this build was uploading the pic. LOL Here it is:

52b8denh.jpg

It works nicely. Actually, it works fantastically!!! Not hot at all and I am using the same wattage as before, but it was getting to be too much until I did it this way. I am running the pair of dual-coil air holes on the sides of the posts. The center hole of the three holes is right in front of each post, but it's still open. Having the air holes in front of the cotton was not as efficient for cooling the coil.

p.s. I am not sure where, or even if I did see this build somewhere. Dunno. Maybe it was in a dream? :laugh: Is this a center post build? I'll call it an s-coil simply becasue when you trap the leads that is the way you have to get them in the slots, by snaking them around. Silly name? Maybe. I just don't know the hip phrase to call it.

@RickCain

@Jimi D.

@HeiSINberg
Very interesting build! What are the specs on that build? Wire size, resistance?

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Very interesting build! What are the specs on that build? Wire size, resistance?

I think it's a 6 wrap on a 9/64 screwdriver at .7Ω. Τhe Clapton is from UD and it's 32 gauge wrapped around 26 gauge. I went with that many wraps and that size so that it would fit better in between the posts. If I wanted a lower resistance, I would've picked a smaller ID, but I would still want the same amount of overall length of the coils themselves.

Reactions: Nautilusfan

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I don't have my calipers handy... if I remember, I'll try and measure the post slot dimensions tonight.

On a related note, I just ordered my second BF'd Stumpy. Love this atty. I'll soon have five BF mods, three running Derringers, two running Stumpys. I may be out of the atty game now for a long time.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I just found out something very cool! Anyone that has this atomizer and The Vector by VLS, check this out: if you don't have a love for three-post designs (like I don't) but would like a little bit of extra clearance from the coils, you can use the top cap/barrel of The Vector on the base of The Stumpy. The Vector top cap fits really well onto the base of The Stumpy! Nice.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Mr Mann, you like this or the Vector more? They have five at a shop near me, $100CAD and I am good with those guys so if I pay cash I pay sticker price no taxes. No one owns one so I cant vape it before I buy it. I just sold my Derringer and my Velocity so I i COULD get another dripper and not feel toooooo bad haha.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Mr Mann, you like this or the Vector more? They have five at a shop near me, $100CAD and I am good with those guys so if I pay cash I pay sticker price no taxes. No one owns one so I cant vape it before I buy it. I just sold my Derringer and my Velocity so I i COULD get another dripper and not feel toooooo bad haha.

The Stumpy or The Vector? It's not even close really. The Stumpy all the way. But, what I love about The Vector more than any other atty in history is it price point, build quality and then build quality (LOL). I love the packaging, the vape and the look. I love the design and the heft of it. But all of that can not be divorced really from the price point. Price point aside, I would sooner have one Stumpy than 5 Vectors. The Stumpy having that two-post deck (with no-backing out grub screws), nice-sized slots for thick wire and that deep well (for it's size) is just killer! And it can run single coils with one set of airflow holes or (what I call) a Ghost-Post single-coil build (a single-coil running inside of the two posts) where you can have dual-coil airflow equidistantly hitting a single coil. A lot of options for a small atty.

Reactions: Nautilusfan

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: KNOCK IT OFF !!

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I don't get why anyone wants a vector. Top fed airflow? What kinda flavor can possibly exist with that?
If I close my eyes and vape Mai Tai on the Vector. I swear I'm having a party, and a lovely geisha girl is giving me a massage. :) Plenty of flavor. ;)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
If I close my eyes and vape Mai Tai on the Vector. I swear I'm having a party, and a lovely geisha girl is giving me a massage. :) Plenty of flavor. ;)

It really does work quite well for flavor and vapor. It doesn't make sense to me how it works, but I guess like the Aeolus, The Manta V2 (and several others), top-fed airflow has proven itself. You also can't beat the leak-resistant nature of it. But I'd still take my Stumpy! :thumbs:

Reactions: Jimi D.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
It really does work quite well for flavor and vapor. It doesn't make sense to me how it works, but I guess like the Aeolus, The Manta V2 (and several others), top-fed airflow has proven itself. You also can't beat the leak-resistant nature of it. But I'd still take my Stumpy! :thumbs:
I have the Stumpy on the back burner right now. I have so many orders out now. I'm starting to forget what I ordered ! LOL

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have the Stumpy on the back burner right now. I have so many orders out now. I'm starting to forget what I ordered ! LOL

You ain't the only one. Isn't it grand when you receive an atty (or mod) in the mail and you open the package like, WTH? And then you're like, oh, that's right. Sweet!

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
You ain't the only one. Isn't it grand when you receive an atty (or mod) in the mail and you open the package like, WTH? And then you're like, oh, that's right. Sweet!
Absolutely, except when I order too many flavors. Only to find I forgot to order empty bottles. Washing bottles is such a chore ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread