Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hand or Table....that is the question?

Not too long ago I thought about how more times than not, my ProVari Mini is in my hand.
I'll vape but when done I realized it never actually makes it to the table, nightstand, computer desk.....etc etc.

This made me wonder if it's a habit formed from smoking and holding onto that cigarette in your fingers until it's time to put it out?
Or does the ProVari feel SOOOOOO good in your hand that you just don't realize you're still holding on to it?

Jump in people............

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Without the Tatroe Foot on, I find it takes more effort/focus than I like to spend to stand it up on the table. Especially since, if it does tip over, you have to be quick to stop it before it rolls off and hits the floor. At which point, you'll then have to get up for a tissue to wipe the sweat off your forehead and to grab a bar a soap to wash the profanities you surely spilled out from your mouth.

With the Tatroe I can make the no-look pass to the table, ....

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Have to put it down long enough to type your feelings about the ProVari in forums. Based on the number of times I knocked them over on my desk before I got Tatroe bases, I would say on the desk when doing other things. However, I do pick it up frequently.

Hahaha that may be the only time I set it down besides, I'm a fast typer.

During the time it is sitting down it has never fallen over (knock on wood).
So the Tatroe base is something I probable never have a need for.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I crossed my fingers hoping that wouldn't be offensive. Religion can be a sensitive subject, and mixing humor can be tricky. It's a dangerous dance.
My mom was a minister, she'd be ROFL. One Thanksgiving it was just the 2 of us so we decided to go out for dinner & a movie. Unbeknownst to us, the theater changed the movies on Thursday. We ended up seeing Life of Bryan. She had tears running down her cheeks from laughing so hard. She could be a very irreverent reverend mother!

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Ha, excellent. I particularly like South Park's satirical offerings on scientology and mormonism.

Back on topic. If you don't have a sufficient mount for your Provari in your car I highly recommend it. Laying it on the passenger seat was not cutting it for me.

8KL9rAq.jpg

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Well, my main thought really wasn't vehicle related but on that note, 95% of Instagram post always have someone holding their ProVari while driving.
I'm trying to remember when's the last time or if ever have I seen one on the passenger seat or cup holder.
I spend a lot of time at home with ProVari in hand- even when a table or desk is right there in front of me.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Hand or Table....that is the question?

Not too long ago I thought about how more times than not, my ProVari Mini is in my hand.
I'll vape but when done I realized it never actually makes it to the table, nightstand, computer desk.....etc etc.

This made me wonder if it's a habit formed from smoking and holding onto that cigarette in your fingers until it's time to put it out?
Or does the ProVari feel SOOOOOO good in your hand that you just don't realize you're still holding on to it?

Jump in people............
Part of the cig addiction with me was giving my fingers something to fiddle with while smoking. Sitting here at the computer desk and typing (one finger) I have my Provari in my left hand, twiddling away. Upstairs while watching TV I'll set it down in between puffs..

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
A big part of cigs for me was also keeping my hands busy. Even when I wasn't doing something, having a cigarette in my hand made me feel like I was...... doing something..... an activity.

It's weird though, at 9 weeks now, I'm shedding a lot of habit behavior. I used to look forward to the post-meal cigarette even before the actual meal. Sometimes while driving I'd have a lit cigarette in my mouth with no memory of puling it out and lighting it up. Ash trays in my front and backyard would be spilling over with nasty butts.

Only 9 weeks later, I don't revolve around vaping like I did cigarettes. I enjoy it as much, maybe more, but I'm not a prisoner of it. At this point I feel more consumed by the hobby of gadgets and culture, than the actual nicotine..... and I'm certainly OK with that.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I fully get that.
I don't feel like I HAVE to vape like I HAD to smoke a cigarette.
I think it has a lot to do with cost.
You buy a pack of cigarettes and your brain tells you to smoke them cause they cost too much to waste.
Whereas with vaping, the cost of juice is minimal and doesn't vanish on you as fast as a pack of smokes do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread