• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Ultimate Canadian E-Cig Questions Answered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I guess someone brought this very good post back to life :) I cringe at people who want to make this a political issue though, and I think that this is the last thing we need. They are leaving us alone pretty much and that's perfect. Who wants regulation, meaning that we will then pay $100 or more for a 30 ml bottle of juice made by a drug company with who knows what in it. Maybe they will even require a doctor's prescription and set a time limit that you can vape before you're ordered to quit it. No thanks, I'd much prefer that the authorities stand down here like they have been doing, we're doing just fine now thank you. Seizing the odd shipment is a very small price to pay for our freedom ;)

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
I guess someone brought this very good post back to life :) I cringe at people who want to make this a political issue though, and I think that this is the last thing we need. They are leaving us alone pretty much and that's perfect. Who wants regulation, meaning that we will then pay $100 or more for a 30 ml bottle of juice made by a drug company with who knows what in it. Maybe they will even require a doctor's prescription and set a time limit that you can vape before you're ordered to quit it. No thanks, I'd much prefer that the authorities stand down here like they have been doing, we're doing just fine now thank you. Seizing the odd shipment is a very small price to pay for our freedom ;)

Hey Kingcobra - I see your point and used to feel the same, but if they're seizing even "the odd shipment", there IS no freedom. And if there is no regulation, the product may always have a negative perception in the eyes of anyone except us vapers! So leaving things alone, may benefit you and I, but the people who most need to know about the benefits of e-cigs, are the millions of smokers who have yet to hear about them. And once you "hear" about them, you need to be able to get them on an ongoing basis so it's as easy to vape as it was to smoke.

Without regulation we won't see them made easily available or their use even recommended, and so for that reason, I for one, would be willing to pay a higher price in exchange for mainstream awareness and availability.

Just my .02 cents!

stuvix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Guelph, Canada
Thank you! I've been a member for a few weeks, but haven't come across this Canadian forum until now. I was wondering about the legality regarding e-juice. I order mine online from Vancouver (with nicotine) and I was wondering how they got away with it. I wonder why they have banned nicotine, seems pretty silly to me. I was worried that if I were to get "caught" vaping that I would have my PV confiscated, and then penalized for having juice containing nicotine. Can they [police, etc.] do anything such as that?

I'm a student at the University of Guelph, and I'm always nervous vaping on campus. The campus "police" can be quite unjustifiably mean at times, and I've had nightmares of them kicking me out for vaping on school property. Am I worrying over nothing? Has anyone had any experience vaping on a schools campus?

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
I was worried that if I were to get "caught" vaping that I would have my PV confiscated, and then penalized for having juice containing nicotine. Can they [police, etc.] do anything such as that?

Am I worrying over nothing? Has anyone had any experience vaping on a schools campus?

Vaping nic liquid is NOT illegal. Any seizure of your equipment is theft.

Health Canada can interpret laws, but they cannot make them. All they can do is ban the sale and import of nic juice.

Besides, the campus police have to prove your juice has nic. They possess no such authority.

collectuer

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 22, 2012
Guelph
www.madvapers.com
Thanks for the post I wish I had read it a few weeks ago!!! I have been smoke free for almost a month now and have spent twice as much on vaping as I would have if I was still smoking. The liquids the Mods etc.. I am addicted to new things coming in the mail. I started with the redds liked them good vape, flavour and throat hit. They are just a pain in the ...., the countinual refilling of the carts sucks. One week later I orderd the ego-c and liked the battery duration and the amount of liquid it can hold. Crystal carts and the standard tank with LR attys. Neither of these has me hooked the flavour and the warmth of the vape is greatly lacking for me. I am currently awaiting the VMOD XL and some juices from the states. Can't wait for that to come as I think my main problem is my juice. I can not however find the right style for me and yet and no one seems to have an answer. Dripping is not for me yet. Maybe the liquid I am using is the cause as I am not a complete fan. What I want is something that can hold a bit of juice long battery life and most importantly a nice flavour with a nice warm vape. The redds believe it or not is the best I have found so far in delivering the flavour and warm vape. Hopefully the VMOD XL will satisfy this. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how I can find this! Or am I stuck using 510 carts on my ego-c? Which I do like by the way just way to time consuming with the filling while driving. LOL

LesVegas

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
BC, Canada
Thanks for the post I wish I had read it a few weeks ago!!! I have been smoke free for almost a month now and have spent twice as much on vaping as I would have if I was still smoking. The liquids the Mods etc.. I am addicted to new things coming in the mail. I started with the redds liked them good vape, flavour and throat hit. They are just a pain in the ...., the countinual refilling of the carts sucks. One week later I orderd the ego-c and liked the battery duration and the amount of liquid it can hold. Crystal carts and the standard tank with LR attys. Neither of these has me hooked the flavour and the warmth of the vape is greatly lacking for me. I am currently awaiting the VMOD XL and some juices from the states. Can't wait for that to come as I think my main problem is my juice. I can not however find the right style for me and yet and no one seems to have an answer. Dripping is not for me yet. Maybe the liquid I am using is the cause as I am not a complete fan. What I want is something that can hold a bit of juice long battery life and most importantly a nice flavour with a nice warm vape. The redds believe it or not is the best I have found so far in delivering the flavour and warm vape. Hopefully the VMOD XL will satisfy this. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how I can find this! Or am I stuck using 510 carts on my ego-c? Which I do like by the way just way to time consuming with the filling while driving. LOL

What you are looking for requires a variable voltage device; higher voltage delivers more warmth, and much better vape experience. An ego-c twist ($30), lavatube ($60), vmax ($100) or provari ($200) will all improve your experience to varying degrees. Also, grab a vivi nova tank which is so easy to use, holds a lot of juice (3.5 ml) and delivers a very warm vape with tons of flavour and vapor. Do this, and you'll never look back.

vapourgirl

Jun 27, 2012
Canada
Thank you! I've been a member for a few weeks, but haven't come across this Canadian forum until now. I was wondering about the legality regarding e-juice. I order mine online from Vancouver (with nicotine) and I was wondering how they got away with it. I wonder why they have banned nicotine, seems pretty silly to me. I was worried that if I were to get "caught" vaping that I would have my PV confiscated, and then penalized for having juice containing nicotine. Can they [police, etc.] do anything such as that?

I'm a student at the University of Guelph, and I'm always nervous vaping on campus. The campus "police" can be quite unjustifiably mean at times, and I've had nightmares of them kicking me out for vaping on school property. Am I worrying over nothing? Has anyone had any experience vaping on a schools campus?

Stuvix, I feel the same! I'm attending a college near Ottawa, and I was really nervous about vaping at school. But, today I showed a few of my profs my e-device, and they were all pretty impressed by it! One of my profs even admitted to using the nic-free vapes!

So I'm not as worried as I was. My best advice would be to approach the Guelph security team and educate them about the benefits of e-cigs! Tell them how long you've gone without an analog, or how much better your lungs feel, or how much money you've saved! I think it would be pretty hard for people to hate on vaping if they really understood it. Most of the anger comes from their fear of the unknown! :p

johnnytwofingers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Q - Is vaping illegal in Canada?

A - The short answer is: No. Vaping is 100% legal in Canada, however the sale and trade of nicotine juice is currently "banned" (for lack of a better term). Canada Customs reserves the right to confiscate nicotine e-liquids and e-liquid containing hardware (Such as pre-filled cartomizers and cartridges) so if you order supplies from out of the country, you risk having your juice sent back to the retailer or held for testing.

The risk of this is not as serious as it sounds but is still there, some Canadian vapers have never had a problem and vape nothing but American E-Juice while others have had the unfortunate luck of having multiple shipments confiscated or returned.

------------------------------------

Does anyone know what the possible legal ramifications could be of a retailer selling juice with nicotine in it?

ShaunHunting

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Vaping nic liquid is NOT illegal. Any seizure of your equipment is theft.

Health Canada can interpret laws, but they cannot make them. All they can do is ban the sale and import of nic juice.

Besides, the campus police have to prove your juice has nic. They possess no such authority.

Awesome post mate.

ryanne18

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Superchunk

Moved On
Sep 4, 2013
canada
I'm curious, if nic juice is banned in Canada, how come so many online retailers openly sell it? I'm not complaining, but I'm contemplating opening a B&M store (just initial thoughts, nothing planned) and I was wondering, is it because nobody really cares (police etc...) and enforces it, because the fine is so small it's not a big deal if you do get popped...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread