• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The upcoming smoking ban,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
That's right - the solstice IS today - shall I dance naked in the moonlight to celebrate :blink:

And we agree on everything except Obama :danger:

Woo hoo,,,

LOL,,, yeah, there's the Obama thing,,, details details,,, Nixon damaged me so deeply that I got Democrat Eyes,, maybe I should think about taking them off. :oops:

At any rate, you can blame Nixon for making me what I am today...

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Vicks, you're bumper sticker arrived.....

obamathesnaswer.jpg

:2c:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The question was where do ,we go after what Bush did to the country,,, not that I want to turn this into a debate.
Don't worry....didn't really put it up for a debate....it was more something I had on my facebook page and Vick's commented on.

Besides, I love you too much to debate with you :wub:

HEY! Have you tried out the new 510 cartos yet? To me, it blows the 808s out of the water!

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Don't worry....didn't really put it up for a debate....it was more something I had on my facebook page and Vick's commented on.

Besides, I love you too much to debate with you :wub:

HEY! Have you tried out the new 510 cartos yet? To me, it blows the 808s out of the water!

The feeling is mutual. :D No, I haven't! Gotta try them. There are so many cool things to try. I want to get to one of our events so badly, but unfortunately, after I get helping mom and doing my own stuff, I am swamped.

I did get some new windows today. They are so nice! Mom bought them for me,,, pretty nice gift,,,, but now I feel even more obligated to help her out. :unsure:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The feeling is mutual. :D No, I haven't! Gotta try them. There are so many cool things to try. I want to get to one of our events so badly, but unfortunately, after I get helping mom and doing my own stuff, I am swamped.

I did get some new windows today. They are so nice! Mom bought them for me,,, pretty nice gift,,,, but now I feel even more obligated to help her out. :unsure:

How nice about the windows! And I know what you mean, feeling like the gift that continues the giving. You are a wonderful son & I have no doubt you would you continued your support with or without the new windows.....

So.....we are just going to have to make sure the next gathering is in your neck of the woods! Oh yeah - between the Proteges, Chucks, Fistpacks, Stompboxes and the big throw back blue thing that Thomas has (LMAO!!) there has been some really cool new toys out here you need to catch up on! LOL

I'm sorry; I forget - are you in the Waukesha area or down around Eric & Racine?

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
How nice about the windows! And I know what you mean, feeling like the gift that continues the giving. You are a wonderful son & I have no doubt you would you continued your support with or without the new windows.....

So.....we are just going to have to make sure the next gathering is in your neck of the woods! Oh yeah - between the Proteges, Chucks, Fistpacks, Stompboxes and the big throw back blue thing that Thomas has (LMAO!!) there has been some really cool new toys out here you need to catch up on! LOL

I'm sorry; I forget - are you in the Waukesha area or down around Eric & Racine?

Thanks MlrGrl, yes, I would help her no matter what,,, I feel kind of bad for saying that I feel more obligated because of the windows. I should start a thread somewhere for people who are in the situation of having parents who need thier help. It's not an easy situation.

I'm in Richland Center, which is between Madison and La Crosse, but my mom is in Oconomowoc. Waukesha, Madison, Brookfield, would all work for me. It's not really a problem of geography as much as time. :unsure:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Thanks MlrGrl, yes, I would help her no matter what,,, I feel kind of bad for saying that I feel more obligated because of the windows. I should start a thread somewhere for people who are in the situation of having parents who need thier help. It's not an easy situation.

I'm in Richland Center, which is between Madison and La Crosse, but my mom is in Oconomowoc. Waukesha, Madison, Brookfield, would all work for me. It's not really a problem of geography as much as time. :unsure:

no, No NO!! Please don't be sorry! For one, if you can't vent among friends, who can you vent with? If anything, I'm sorry for making you feel like that. Your situation is VERY difficult and when she's not just around the corner, that doesn't help the situation either. Come to think of it, it's really a catch 22, since being around the corner doesn't make it easier either.....

Things will work out and we'll ALL be able to get together soon....but never soon enough! ;)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Harmony, you're always welcome to vent here - it's very therapeutic to be able to vent about the difficulties in your life, or whatever is currently driving you to distraction in your mind. The net is the perfect platform to do so - it offers both closeness and separation.

If you want a bit more, the next time you're in the Oconomowoc area, give me a shout, and we can do a coffee or something if you need someone to actually, physically talk to. I'm there for ya, Harmony, and have two fantastic shoulders to cry on if the need exists.

Come to think of it, I might need a shoulder or two myself....wear waterproof clothing :D

Hell, you should have seen some of the threads I put out on the forum that shall not be named when I was going through my separation, finding out just how terrible some of the 'men' in the world are, and etc. Chat rooms are good to vent in, too. I've had more ups and downs then a roller-coaster this year, and the electronic media that are available have been invaluable to me in keeping my sanity....

Go ahead...say it....I DARES you :D

Guess what I'm saying is you're not alone....if you need us, we're available to lean on.

iamdougm

ECF Veteran
Well fellow cheeseheads, just a few more days to the state smoking ban. My personal thoughts on this really don't matter.

But here is just one more example of the uneducated verbal crap that goes on in the media...
Brown County Tavern League sells e-cigarettes as alternative to smoking | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press Gazette

Maybe someone in this group who is more articulate than me, could send off an email to the editor of this newspaper explaining what's what. I would like to but I hoestly do not know what being PC is all about.

BugsyM

Jun 6, 2010
Wisconsin
I would comment but it seems to be just one troll commenting against the e-cig so it doesnt seem worth the time.
On a fun note, I went barhopping Friday night and have sparked the interest in quite a few people with my ego, especially the fact that I'll be able to puff on it all night long at my favorite watering holes even after the smoking ban :)

tlc

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Appleton WI
Hey everyone! I'm originally from wayyyy up north in Hurley, and still have friends there. I've been told the bars there are selling e-cigs. They are the disposables, but I'm not sure what brand. One of my friends who smokes tried one, and unfortunately she said it was a piece of crap and it died after 3 puffs. I hope this doesn't deter people from giving e-cigs a shot to try and quit. I'm going to send her one of my 510's (since I have a provape on the way:)) and hopefully I get her going in the right direction.

~Tara~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread