Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I have a V2 Gunmetal Vamo.
AW IMR 18650 button top has a very very small rattle.
I pulled the spring, and just extended it a little. Now the rattle is gone. Its working good.
I got the same battery. I think I'm going to like the rattle BUT, will it cause safety problem?

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
My AW IMR 18650 2100 mah is a little loose too. I'm already switching over to to the 18650 because my 18350 700 mah hit Lo pretty fast. 30 min maybe 45? Must be doing something weird. But it vapes great. I have set on the mode, the other one not the avg but the 002 one and at 9 sometimes 9.5 watts and it IS a 1.8 ohm atty...so really short life.

Mstanton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
IL
I also can confirm that protected Ultrafire 18350 1200mah's won't work. It runs normal and looks like everything is fine, until you fire the device (will fire for maybe 1/3 of a second) and it completely shuts off. Wish I read this thread better the other day before I ordered the battery... oh well, two Efest's on the way.

68injunhed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
SE Kansas
Just killed a single fully charged efest 18350 button top in about 10 hours of the occasional stealth-vape at work lol. mini mode success for me lol

Excellent. I really didn't want to have to take mine to work in full light saber mode. I will however slip an extra 18350 in my pocket.

TrueNews

Dec 1, 2012
Perth, Australia
Newbie Question

I have a couple of Vamo's on order but previously I have only ever used the eGo standard and eGo twist batteries.
Because one of the Vamo's is a going to be a gift for a friend, I don't feel comfortable in putting an unprotected Li-ion battery in it.

Can anyone tell me - Would it be better / safer to use the AW IMR battery or a 'protected' Li-ion battery for the Vamo ?

68injunhed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
SE Kansas
Newbie Question

I have a couple of Vamo's on order but previously I have only ever used the eGo standard and eGo twist batteries.
Because one of the Vamo's is a going to be a gift for a friend, I don't feel comfortable in putting an unprotected Li-ion battery in it.

Can anyone tell me - Would it be better / safer to use the AW IMR battery or a 'protected' Li-ion battery for the Vamo ?

It isn't a matter of safe, the protected batts don't discharge fast enough. You HAVE to use the IMR batts.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Newbie Question

IMR batteries aren't li-ion. They are li-mn. The chemistry is safer, plus the unit itself has built in protection.

Herdo

Sep 8, 2012
Arizona
I have one. So far I have used-
IMR 18650, LiMn 2000mAh Battery
IMR 18350, LiMn 800mAh Battery, Flat Top
and
IMR 18350, LiMn 800mAh Battery
in mine with no issues.

My Vamo is the V2 with the longer spring and the red insulator around the positive contact and came from Health Cabin this week.

You are the second person to mention the VAMO being sold through Health Cabin. Are they not selling them anymore or are they just called something different?

Is it this? eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2 (Only Body) [D-B4 APV] - $39.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread