The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The VAMO battery thread

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by caged, Dec 2, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Faylool

Faylool Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I got the same battery. I think I'm going to like the rattle BUT, will it cause safety problem?

2. Azphat12

Azphat12 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It rattled because it was losing connection from the spring.
    So it would shut off on occasion. I would not recommend that..since you have to reset all the settings when the battery loses connection

3. Faylool

My AW IMR 18350 750 mah battery does not rattle. But since my buttons will if I shake it I am happy

4. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    1 Efest 18650 Li-Mn button top rattles a bit, but it works.

2 Efest 18630 Li-Mn button tops stacked kind of fit. You can't screw the cap (or the battery extender) in all the way. A small gap is needed in either the cap or the extender. It still works, but I would go with flat tops if 18350 is your thing.

5. Faylool

My AW IMR 18650 2100 mah is a little loose too. I'm already switching over to to the 18650 because my 18350 700 mah hit Lo pretty fast. 30 min maybe 45? Must be doing something weird. But it vapes great. I have set on the mode, the other one not the avg but the 002 one and at 9 sometimes 9.5 watts and it IS a 1.8 ohm atty...so really short life.

6. Mstanton

Mstanton Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2011
    IL
    I also can confirm that protected Ultrafire 18350 1200mah's won't work. It runs normal and looks like everything is fine, until you fire the device (will fire for maybe 1/3 of a second) and it completely shuts off. Wish I read this thread better the other day before I ordered the battery... oh well, two Efest's on the way.

7. rcpcdude

rcpcdude Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just killed a single fully charged efest 18350 button top in about 10 hours of the occasional stealth-vape at work lol. mini mode success for me lol

8. 68injunhed

68injunhed Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    SE Kansas
    Excellent. I really didn't want to have to take mine to work in full light saber mode. I will however slip an extra 18350 in my pocket.

9. nosmok

nosmok Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2010
    MI
    I took a spring from one of these flashlights. You can register for a free sample. That's how I got mine. Sanyo 18650's and and Efest 18350's flat tops work great with it.

10. Rnoserious

Rnoserious Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 26, 2012
    Bethlehem, Georgia
    Currently running stacked 18350 efests, no rattles, no problems..

11. TrueNews

TrueNews Full Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Perth, Australia
    Newbie Question

I have a couple of Vamo's on order but previously I have only ever used the eGo standard and eGo twist batteries.
    Because one of the Vamo's is a going to be a gift for a friend, I don't feel comfortable in putting an unprotected Li-ion battery in it.

Can anyone tell me - Would it be better / safer to use the AW IMR battery or a 'protected' Li-ion battery for the Vamo ?

12. 68injunhed

Jul 19, 2012
    SE Kansas
    It isn't a matter of safe, the protected batts don't discharge fast enough. You HAVE to use the IMR batts.

13. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    IMR batteries aren't li-ion. They are li-mn. The chemistry is safer, plus the unit itself has built in protection.

14. Herdo

Herdo Full Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Arizona
    You are the second person to mention the VAMO being sold through Health Cabin. Are they not selling them anymore or are they just called something different?

Is it this? eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2 (Only Body) [D-B4 APV] - $39.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

15. 68injunhed

Jul 19, 2012
    SE Kansas
  16. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Account closed on request ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    Texas
  17. Herdo

Herdo Full Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Arizona
    Excellent. Thank you both very much!

18. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    I did the same thing today and the rattle is gone with mine too. :)

19. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Account closed on request ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    Texas
    OK, the sale does start Monday, but it looks like I was wrong on the % off, more like 20%, not 50.

20. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    The Health cabin sale will be 20% to 50% off a range of items. I'm going to be heading over to that one....