Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
To get this thread back on topic.......

The Vamo is struggling at 9 watts with a single 18350 using a 3 ohm Cisco 306. The battery dropped from 4.2 volts to 4 volts in very little time then it started tripping protection circuitry. 8.5 watts is working so far with the battery reading 4 volts.

Edit: Spoke too soon. 8.5 watts is tripping the protection circuitry, though not as bad. Stacked 18350s have no problem.

Last edited:

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
According to this video review Eagle VV & VW Mod Review (aka the Vamo) - YouTube to get optimal battery performance the atomizer resistance needs to be in the range of 3 ohms, if less the Vamo won't achieve the set voltage and the device operates at a voltage deficit. The voltage deficit is very high if using a LR atty < 2 ohms. The reviewer does state that the voltage deficit is not specific to the Vamo and is common to all devices when LR attys are used.

My coils are in the 4 ohm range and I get very good results from the Vamo in VW rms mode. I think I get better performance using the stacked battery configuration in comparison to a single 18650.

Last edited:

68injunhed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
SE Kansas
According to this video review Eagle VV & VW Mod Review (aka the Vamo) - YouTube to get optimal battery performance the atomizer resistance needs to be in the range of 3 ohms, if less the Vamo won't achieve the set voltage and the device operates at a voltage deficit. The voltage deficit is very high if using a LR atty < 2 ohms. The reviewer does state that the voltage deficit is not specific to the Vamo and is common to all devices when LR attys are used.

My coils are in the 4 ohm range and I get very good results from the Vamo in VW rms mode. I think I get better performance using the stacked battery configuration in comparison to a single 18650.

Technically yes, but in reality, not so much. At 4.5v set value into 1.5 ohms, it is putting out 4.48 volts, which is pretty close. That is 13.5 watts(the VAMO has a max of 15).....who really hits a 1.5 atty that hard except for charting purposes?

Just sayin...

Last edited:

jwhorner6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Maryland
I have been using a single efest IMR 18350 in mine at work. If I keep single coil 2 ohm cartos on it, I get about 6 hours at 7 watts before needing to replace the battery. I tried a 1.5 ohm dual coil at 14 watts and it kills the battery within an hour so I do not use them at work.

When I stack the 2 18350s I can run anything on it for over a day. I have not used an 18650.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Here's my criteria, YMMV.

RTD takes PayPal, have just about every type of battery you might need, and they ship super fast.

When I wanted to order from Orbtronics a few months ago, they had all their inventory zeroed out and when I messaged them to ask what was up they said it was because they were in Europe. They did contact me a few weeks ago to tell me they were back.

I've never ordered from Steammonkey. I wonder if he allows local pick-ups since I'm just 40 minutes from Ft. Worth. If so, I might get a couple more Panasonics from him.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio

RTD takes PayPal, have just about every type of battery you might need, and they ship super fast.

When I wanted to order from Orbtronics a few months ago, they had all their inventory zeroed out and when I messaged them to ask what was up they said it was because they were in Europe. They did contact me a few weeks ago to tell me they were back.

I've never ordered from Steammonkey. I wonder if he allows local pick-ups since I'm just 40 minutes from Ft. Worth. If so, I might get a couple more Panasonics from him.

I'd be willing to bet he might let you pick them up but I believe he offers free shipping on those Panasonics.

deepdeep

Dec 12, 2012
United States
RTD Vapor
Is my go to for batteries and chargers.

RTD is great ... Orbtronics can sometimes be cheaper ... Steammonkey is selling his Panasonics even cheaper than orbtronics but he doesn't carry the charger.

Thanks a lot guys for pointing me in the right direction, i am so glad i found this forum.
Thanks again

TrueNews

Dec 1, 2012
Perth, Australia
I currently have the ego-t with smoke tech daul caoil 1.5 ohms cartomizers, if i use them on the vamo what voltage and wattage should i use. Ignore my question if it make no sense.

I use the same carto deepdeep.

With an 18650 - start around 3.4 volts.

With 2 x 18350 (stacked) - start at 3.0 volts. (they are vicious with 1,5 ohm carto's)

Adjust as necessary, depending on ejuice and preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread