The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The VAMO battery thread

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by caged, Dec 2, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    Just a heads up -- I had an issue with a product I bought from RTD Vapor and my e-mails to them about the issue were completely ignored. I was stuck with a dead charger. Personally, I will not order from them again. They were quick to answer pre-sale questions, but that's useless if they ignore you when the sale is complete.

2. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    You should never carry batteries in your pocket. If they fail you can really get hurt. Hope this helps:)

3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Remember to use a plastic carrying case, or at least not have any keys or anything in with it.

4. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    midwest
    Is there any better flat top 18350 battery than the EFESTs? Mine are a tight fit stacked and I doubt that the AW nipple 18350s would work. The Vamo is my first mod so I am a little lost on getting the best quality batteries.

5. Vince159

Vince159 Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    Citrus Heights, CA USA
    I'm using 2 nipple 18350 aw imr's in my Vamo with no problem, they are a bit snug in there, but the end cap very nearly srews on all the way. I pulled the spring out some and my aw imr 18650 nipple tops are working, but I have to keep the mod horizontal, or upside down. I'm going to try a stronger spring. I have 18650's flat tops that I got from Vapage that I'd like to use, they're a bit longer than the aw's, but they don't work. They are ICR's. Is it a bad idea to use an ICR battery in the Vamo?

6. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    Don't use ICR batteries - yes, its a bad idea to use them. You need to use IMRs with this mod. IMRs have safer chemistry and can handle high drain.

7. kiwivap

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    I don't use two AW IMR button top 18350s in the Vamo but put two to see if they fit. Wasn't able to screw the end cap all the way - there was a gap about the size of the grooves on the joins on the mod (if that makes sense).

Did you especially want to use two 18350s? A single 18650 gives good power. This post links some 18650s that are suitable for the Vamo: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/361425-just-won-vamo.html#post8093595

Don't know if that's any help but thought I'd point there in case it is. I use the Aw IMR 18650 myself. It was a bit loose in the tube so I stretched the spring up.

8. proteckt3d

proteckt3d Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Denmark
    is it the button top ? There is this test where the flat tops actually use double the maH that button ones do. This is the case for the V1's, but nevertheless.

9. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    That was with Efest V1 as opposed to V2's.
    If you can go with AW's then do, the Efests are a cheaper alternative but not quite as good in the mah department.

The mah can be different from one battery to the next.

10. holley2583

holley2583 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Boston
    Why are ICR batterys bad to use with the Vamo? Most manufactures are.selling them with with these batterys...but I keep.hearing that the Vamo should be used with IMR high drains...what's the problem with ICR?

11. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Account closed on request ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    Texas
    An ICR is just an unprotected Lithium Ion battery.

IMR is "safer chemistry" and should vent instead of exploding, especially if you should want to stack 2 18350's.

12. mightymen

mightymen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    Moved On
    When I use 18650 in my vamo version 2 the battery shakes and sometimes shutsdown the unit.
    My quick fix is place a small nut bettween the battery and spring and close.
    Works perfect..

13. proteckt3d

proteckt3d Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Denmark
    Did anyone receive it with these batteries? vamo-mod-4.jpg

I'm going to buy one set from China and I am wondering if they work.

14. kiwivap

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    I would not use those batteries. They are unprotected lithium ion. You need IMR batteries with a Vamo - they have safer chemistry and can handle high drain. In fact you may find those batteries don't work with the pv anyway.
    This seems to keep coming up on threads. Use IMRs.

15. Heavyrocker

Heavyrocker Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada
    Is ok to use panasonic IMR lithium batterys with Vamo, i was readng it better to use the unprotected regular types?

16. kiwivap

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
  17. purelyscientific

purelyscientific Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    I bought 2 effest imr 18350s for mine and they are too long. They stick about 5mm above the edge of the bottom. I can screw the cap on about half way and it works but Id rather not do that. So Im just gonna use them in short mode for backups when my 18650 dies/gets low.
    :(

18. Heavyrocker

Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada

AW batteries are the best.

19. Heavyrocker

Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada
    Ive been reading this also,but im getting confused,isnt dangerous to use un protected batts?

20. purelyscientific

purelyscientific Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    The mod has built in protection.^^