Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Thanks a lot guys for pointing me in the right direction, i am so glad i found this forum.
Thanks again

Just a heads up -- I had an issue with a product I bought from RTD Vapor and my e-mails to them about the issue were completely ignored. I was stuck with a dead charger. Personally, I will not order from them again. They were quick to answer pre-sale questions, but that's useless if they ignore you when the sale is complete.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Is there any better flat top 18350 battery than the EFESTs? Mine are a tight fit stacked and I doubt that the AW nipple 18350s would work. The Vamo is my first mod so I am a little lost on getting the best quality batteries.

I'm using 2 nipple 18350 aw imr's in my Vamo with no problem, they are a bit snug in there, but the end cap very nearly srews on all the way. I pulled the spring out some and my aw imr 18650 nipple tops are working, but I have to keep the mod horizontal, or upside down. I'm going to try a stronger spring. I have 18650's flat tops that I got from Vapage that I'd like to use, they're a bit longer than the aw's, but they don't work. They are ICR's. Is it a bad idea to use an ICR battery in the Vamo?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I'm using 2 nipple 18350 aw imr's in my Vamo with no problem, they are a bit snug in there, but the end cap very nearly srews on all the way. I pulled the spring out some and my aw imr 18650 nipple tops are working, but I have to keep the mod horizontal, or upside down. I'm going to try a stronger spring. I have 18650's flat tops that I got from Vapage that I'd like to use, they're a bit longer than the aw's, but they don't work. They are ICR's. Is it a bad idea to use an ICR battery in the Vamo?

Don't use ICR batteries - yes, its a bad idea to use them. You need to use IMRs with this mod. IMRs have safer chemistry and can handle high drain.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Is there any better flat top 18350 battery than the EFESTs? Mine are a tight fit stacked and I doubt that the AW nipple 18350s would work. The Vamo is my first mod so I am a little lost on getting the best quality batteries.

I don't use two AW IMR button top 18350s in the Vamo but put two to see if they fit. Wasn't able to screw the end cap all the way - there was a gap about the size of the grooves on the joins on the mod (if that makes sense).

Did you especially want to use two 18350s? A single 18650 gives good power. This post links some 18650s that are suitable for the Vamo: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/361425-just-won-vamo.html#post8093595

Don't know if that's any help but thought I'd point there in case it is. I use the Aw IMR 18650 myself. It was a bit loose in the tube so I stretched the spring up.

Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
is it the button top ? There is this test where the flat tops actually use double the maH that button ones do. This is the case for the V1's, but nevertheless.

That was with Efest V1 as opposed to V2's.
If you can go with AW's then do, the Efests are a cheaper alternative but not quite as good in the mah department.

The mah can be different from one battery to the next.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Did anyone receive it with these batteries? vamo-mod-4.jpg

I'm going to buy one set from China and I am wondering if they work.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Did anyone receive it with these batteries? View attachment 163698

I'm going to buy one set from China and I am wondering if they work.

I would not use those batteries. They are unprotected lithium ion. You need IMR batteries with a Vamo - they have safer chemistry and can handle high drain. In fact you may find those batteries don't work with the pv anyway.
This seems to keep coming up on threads. Use IMRs.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread