The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The VAMO battery thread

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by caged, Dec 2, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brianbotkiller

Brianbotkiller Full Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    I contacted them, US isn't supported at this time.

2. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
  3. Brianbotkiller

Brianbotkiller Full Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    Yeah, the two best suppliers at this point for one stop is smoktek and vaporbeast.

4. meli.

meli. Ultra Member ECF Veteran

To let you all know these Panasonic NCR18650B also work in the Vamo and very well indeed with some users saying they get over 2 days worth of use on 1 battery.
    Hehe, guess who's buying some:D

It also takes Panasonic NCR18650PD

5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    The Joyetech 18650 2200mah Batteries from Health Cabin work quite well with the Vamo, so in my eyes, Health Cabin is also a one stop shop for the Vamo. (unless you are wanting to go with "safer" or shorter batteries.

6. Sylvaria

Sylvaria Full Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Indiana, USA
    You can also go to orbtronic at least for the 18650 panny batts and the charger. I just checked a bit ago and they don't carry, at least right now, the 18350's, but who knows about the future there... madvapes has both in IMR both button and flat-top and they have a charger, dunno though about the quality of their charger. *shrug* madvapes also carries the Vamo and the Zmax V.2, my APVs as well as various and sundary parts. I typically stick with madvapes and orbtronic as my suppliers for batts.

hope that helps

Syl

7. Sylvaria

Sylvaria Full Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Indiana, USA
    Had another side thought but I wasn't sure if I should have originally posted it but going to go aheda anyway... I sorta think the reason for the "ban" on air shipping batts really is over market control rather than safety. No, not particularly market control of E-Cig users, but in reaction to the "grey market" on cell phone batts. The big three were losing alot of money on people buying x-tra batts to plug into their phones 40-60 USD ea at the store vs. 10ish for like two and three at a time through an E-bay chinese supplier. Alot of people were chosing the cheaper route and as you can obviously imagine accesories such as that are a huge part of the profit margin at the store level for the cell phone vendors. There is alot of money floating around in corporate to "push policy" so to speak and thus the "ban" on shipping overseas batts was born. Although seems like some carriers aren't onboard with the ban such as DHL. Alot of that is conjecture on my part, until I see some sales figures specific to this from before and after, so take it with a grain of salt if you will. At least it is something to consider. Just one thing I have learned, in this country nothing ever happens unless money is behind it, follow the money and you find the motive.

Syl

8. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Hi, all. Using an AW IMR button top 18650 (red battery), even with stretching the spring a bit, i have a rattle
    and the unit shutting itself off when i drop it in my pocket.

Using a small rare earth magnet on the button top positive side of the battery is safe and OK, right?

9. Pete379

Pete379 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    Illinois
    I put a magnet on the bottom of the battery so if it moves it wont short out on the positive end of the battery and it works great. RG

10. scabbytattoo

scabbytattoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    pensacola
    I have a 3.7v lio why is it showing 4+ volts when I check it on this mod?

11. meli.

Batteries used in our mods are all sold as 3.7V eg: 3.7V Panasonic Hybrid IMR CGR18650CH 2250mAh but when charged goes up to 4.2/4.3V.

12. scabbytattoo

scabbytattoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    pensacola
    Oh OK Thanks for the input I was just a little confused about that one. Not worried tho as my vamo is working like a champ Lol.

13. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    3.7 volts is what is called the nominal cell voltage. The battery can be charged to 4.2 volts. It's showing 4+ volts on your mod because its fully charged.

14. meli.

Your question has really been bothering me, when I first joined the forum this was probably one of the first no-no's I read.

It's okay to use magnetic spacers in chargers but place the magnet on the Negative end.

Try not to use magnets in devices, possibility of catastrophic failure increases, especially if the battery is an unprotected cell. If you must use a magnet again always place it on the Negative end or tailend of device. If you feel you have to use it on the Positive end and they are Flat Tops ensure the magnet cannot move and touch the side of the tube, it will be overs-cadovers before you know it.

Best practice is to get batteries that will fit properly, buy a spring that will prevent the rattling and if you still feel you have to use a magnet, line the tube with paper or plastic in order to insulate it.

I could be wrong (it happens often) but I really would appreciate one of the Vets clarifying this either way.

15. DrDoitchbig

DrDoitchbig Full Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Michigan
  16. mrwilliams2

mrwilliams2 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    Greenville, NC
    Noob question here. I don't know that I would ever need to do this but in case the situation presents itself to me, can/should 18350s be stacked in a charger?

17. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Account closed on request ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    Texas
    No, never stack batteries in a charger.

18. jifjifjif

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Thanks for the input and i will be looking to see what the vets chime in with as well.
    of
    I was hoping to find an earth magnet that was wider (8-10 mm), but my radio shack only had the 3mm wide earth magnets. I had planned to use the magnet on the negative terminal of the battery, but when i was only able to get this little magnet, i was kind of forced to use out on top. I will not use the magnet again until i get some more feedback.

Thank you for your concern.

19. Waterman

Waterman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Colorado
    what does your bottom cap spring look like?

20. jifjifjif

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Its small....like a ProVari spring.