The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The VAMO battery thread

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by caged, Dec 2, 2012.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Heavyrocker

Heavyrocker Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada
    Not a good idea to stack em.

2. Heavyrocker

Heavyrocker Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2012
    Toronto,Canada
  3. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    They are IMRs, but the wrong size. The ones you linked are 14500. You need 18650, and if you want to use the Vamo in short mode then 18350.
    So these: https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18650.htm
    And these: https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18350.htm

Sorry, I didn't notice you were in Canada before and I linked to a US site. Those ones I linked from Canvape will be good. I would recommend getting two of the 18650s, and if you want the smaller size then two 18350s. Then you have back ups while the other is charging.The 18350s are not going to last as long before needing a recharge as the 18650s will.

4. purelyscientific

purelyscientific Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    Why not?

The mod has short circuit protection. If the batteries being used are chemistry safe I don't see why it would be a bad thing to do. Then again, I'm not a battery expert. *shrugs*
    :)

5. bivie

bivie Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Damon, TX near Houston
    You shouldn't have any problem stacking them if you pair them. Don't use
    an old, worn out one with a newer one. Get two new ones, and always use
    and charge them together. Check them periodically, and if one is getting
    weaker than the other, stop pairing them.

6. purelyscientific

purelyscientific Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    You can't get the full power potential out of the device unless you use 2 18350 batteries, or at least that's what the charts showed in the one Vamo video I seen on youtube.

7. Brianbotkiller

Brianbotkiller Full Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    Ok, so what we're saying here is that, we have to use button tops, they must be IMR, and that the efest batteries are the best, right?

I'm confused as to why so many of the kits selling the vamo sell them with two 18500 batteries, if stacking is not suggested with them. I guess distros figure that you're going to use the unit in the short mode? Seems silly to me.

I want to get a vamo really badly, but everywhere I look, I can't find a kit with 18650s in stock, so I have to get the batteries from other suppliers, I guess. I just don't want to spend $40 on batteries and $40-$50 on a device.

8. kiwivap

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    IMR is the best. AW, Efest or Panasonic IMRs are all good. It shouldn't cost you $40 in batteries if you buy a couple of 18650 IMRs. And yes, an 18350 can be used for mini mode. It's a nice size. 18350s need to be IMR also. I wouldn't buy a kit unless it came with reputable IMR batteries and a good charger. Better to get a Vamo, the right batteries, and a decent charger.
    No matter what mod some-one gets they are going to need batteries and a charger anyway if they don't have them already.

9. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Account closed on request ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    Texas
    What video is this?

I've had this device for about a month and run Panasonic 18650 batteries and have no lack of power.

10. Brianbotkiller

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    yeah, I only have 14500s right now, for my foxybox. I got all into the vamo now, and I really want one, but I'm having that overwhelmed feeling while trying to setup for this now, because I don't want to break my wallet on a new mod. I found a good kit deal on vaporbeast, but it only comes with 18500s, and I don't want to stack batteries, from all the stories I've read, I'm just not into that idea, protection/fused or not, so i have to get a 18650 to go with it. I was looking at these:

Advanced Components - Batteries & Chargers

But as near as I can tell, LF's batteries are not button tops, and so I don't believe they'll work. Their prices and service are some of my favorite, though. I know from what I've read that RTD is one of the best suppliers. I'm just trying to find the best price to get into this thing without spending a ton.

11. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    You can get the Vamo, charger and batteries you need from here ...
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/egovw.htm
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/tr003.htm
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18350.htm
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/imr18650.htm

12. Brianbotkiller

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    Thanks Tom, I think I'm just going to get a tr-001 charger, though. I really don't want to spend $20 on a charger. Their battery prices are ok, though, so that's good. The other issue is, is there a difference between a vamo v2 and a vamo? Some distros say if it's v2, others don't, I have no idea what I'm getting on average.

13. Brianbotkiller

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    also, canvape doesn't ship to US, so there's another distro out. God, I really am getting tired of online shopping.

14. kiwivap

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
  15. Brianbotkiller

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    I agree, better than a mall, but getting just as frustrating. Yes, in the US. I've seen RTD for batts. However with shipping on a mod from one distro, and batts and such from another, it's all going to add up to total silliness.

16. kiwivap

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
  17. Brianbotkiller

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    Hey, I'm not ungrateful. I just don't think that it makes sense to have to buy from seven different suppliers to build one mod, most of whom charge upwards of $10 for shipping.

18. kiwivap

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
    Seven suppliers?? Have you no vape gear at all? All you need is:
    1 mod
    2 batteries
    1 charger

If you get the batteries and charger from one vendor, and mod from another that's 2 vendors. What else is needed?

19. Brianbotkiller

Jul 25, 2011
    Abq
    I'm being facetious, really :) . . just frustrated after a day of searching for the best deal, that's all. Though I do have to say it's at least 3 distros, figuring I need to get some DIY supplies, and such.

20. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    "If your country is not listed simply send customer service an e-mail with the product(s) you would like as well as your Postal/ZIP code and City. We will e-mail you back a quote."