The VapeMate Juice Feeder by SuperT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
I have found some 10ml bottles with the childproof threading at madvapes, but I was wondering if there were other places to buy smaller bottles with the appropriate threads? I checked Johnson Creek, U.S. Plastics etc, but couldn't discern what type of threading they had.

Ok I'm a little confused here.....Not all bottles fit the juicer? The bottle has to be a certain type? Someone Please explain....

Antwoord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
Ok I'm a little confused here.....Not all bottles fit the juicer? The bottle has to be a certain type? Someone Please explain....

Yes I believe the VapeMate was designed to only take the bottles that are threaded for childproof caps. Since nicotine is potentially harmful all vendors should be switching to childproof caps to avoid legal problems....taking that into consideration Super T designed the Vape Mate for the future, and to avoid any legal problems too.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yes, if you have a juice bottle that has the child resistant safety caps, then you have the right bottle. The threads on the non-protected bottles are larger and won't work. I'm putting together a list of juice sellers that use the protected bottles. I am also going to source some too, but a lot of us probably already have some in our possession as most manufacturers are switching over to the protected caps. I won't have my own bottles in before these juice feeders ship, as they are shipping this tuesday.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Tuesday! That's great... 'cept...:cry: the post man will be sitting on it Thursday! Alas, a holiday to play and the new toy is lodged in the matrix... C'est la phart!

But there's always the weekend!!!!:w00t:

Great news ForcedFuel - I didn't expect it for another week or so! Thank you for really busting your hump for us!!! (or is that humping your bust... I always get that confused.)

EagleHawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Huntington Beach,CA
Just wanted to say a Big Thank You to David! I have a brother who is almost completely blind, and he has been hassling with dripping for the past year since I got him vaping. At times he struggles, and gets utterly frustrated with spilling juice all over his hands and everywhere. This new product sure looks as if it could solve a major problem for many of our sight impaired loved ones who vape. I was instantly taken with the ease of use, plug it in the atty, screw in a bottle and squeeze. And with an affordable pricetag, versus other options that are out there. Thanks David for thinking of this product, implementing in a tremendously user friendly package, and for using the best materials and craftmanship (as usual). Can't wait to get the one I ordered up for him, and get it over for him to start using!!

Now to save up for my own..... Cheers to you Kind Sir.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I think it looks awesome, would love one. But, no way it is worth 65 bucks, man that is just crazy in this economy. I understand the need to be compensated for R&D etc, but comon, 65 bucks for a 2 oz piece of aluminum? Be honest, after all said and done, how much this cost to produce per unit? 15 bucks tops? I would buy 3 of them at 25-30 bucks each, but I wont be purchasing any for 65 bucks. GL

Dood, the economy doesn't have anything to do with it.
Do you live in the REAL WORLD ??
Have you ever run a business ??
Do you understand anything......??

I'll send you that 2oz piece of aluminum for 10 bucks..... Good luck making your own.

Take that block around to all the machine shops in your area.... Get a quote on how much they would charge you JUST TO CUT IT IN HALF. BOOM there goes your 60 bucks.
WOW !! Just Wow!

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I'm glad that I have a couple of bottles with the right threading. They were the Dekang Dunhill. Smaller would be better though.

Right. We're all such pack rats. Everyone's got something left over with the right threading.

However, smaller would feel better in the hand. I think its safe to say that most of us use 1 to 2 ml./day. Is anyone so lazy that they can't refill once every day or two?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
60 bucks.... really? I'm sure the initial cost to get this developed was a fair amount, but it just doesn't look like its worth $60. I honestly am not trying to slam it or anything, but definitely out of my reach at that price.

If you didn't happen to read the thread.... Posted by forcedfuel50:

OMG, i would die to have these only cost 15 bucks each to be made! Normally, i won't discuss price, but when you said you would pay 25-30 each for them, i would be losing money at that price as EACH costs more than that to machine at MY COST! (and thats even having them done in multiples in the hundreds!) Not to mention the cost of having this design taken from my blueprints and put into cad/cam programs and prototyped as well as the approximately 4500.00 for the patent application!

FYI, i know it's been mentioned before, but i want to mention again, this item is completely machined from a solid, single block of aluminum, it is NOT A CASTING. (machining it out of a single piece is inherently more expensive then would be a multiple piece item composed of lathe turnings), Every internal hole, internal passage, surface, thread, coutour, groove and side had to be machined with multiple operations, mutliple axis CNC machine (these aren't just simple lathe turnings), multiple jigs, nearly a dozen tool changes and multiple repositioning in multiple custom made holding Jigs.

Not to mention, then the Polycarbonate sight glasses have to be machined and then, we are not done yet, they have to be polished by hand (as polycarbonate is cloudy after machining). Still not done, each and every unit then gets shipped to the Anodizer to be anodized. It is by far the most in depth and complex (from a machining and machining cost standpoint) feeder on the market, yet is still 20.00 cheaper then the competitions feeder and is anodized for safety to boot!

It may be too much for you, but understand, no one is doing any price gouging on this end. It's the cost of a quality, all machined part.

There is a line between "worth it", and "not wanting, or able to to afford it" IMO.... ;)

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Wow I just gotta disagree with you there...it has great function in its design...works with any PV you presently have...I appreciate the slickness of it...for 60 bucks, if I was in the market for a juice feeder I'd be all like---gimme one...

60 bucks.... really? I'm sure the initial cost to get this developed was a fair amount, but it just doesn't look like its worth $60. I honestly am not trying to slam it or anything, but definitely out of my reach at that price.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Sure glad it's with in my reach, in fact, I like to vape 4-5 flavors a day so the more I look at this Vapemate I'm thinking maybe 3 of them for my different mods so besides my AVS,AFS,& Bottom feeders I can have three of these set up on 3 of my mods that don't self feed then everything I have is almost Automatic feed. Simply just not having to take a lid off of a bottle to fill or drip is just a super duper thing for me and this Vapemate sure seems like its gonna fit some of my needs, more then one for sure..!!!!

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I think compared to avs, afs.....lots of us are thinking finally, something affordable...nothing against afs or avs...they are nice and expensive....i do have one...but lets face it...i sure won't have one for every pv i have....but i can probably own more then one from super t....if it works as good as it looks....then that's all i need....so imho...i think it's very affordable.....and mod collecting can get a little pricey....but it sure is fun....:)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I want, but I spent the last few weeks saving up for my REO Grand. Trust me David, hold on and I am getting to some of your stuff. I think a P18 and one of these bad boys might be next on my list. I just have to throw another juice order in first :)

Keep up the innovative thinking. And I think your going to do VERY well with these at that price point! Worth every penny!

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
There is a line between "worth it", and "not wanting, or able to to afford it" IMO.... ;)

Truly, my initial knee-jerk reaction coupled with some envy caused me to mis-speak. It is evident to me that a great deal of thought and effort went into this product. I apologize to the OP if I came off negative, as it was not my intent. I have to say, in hindsight, I was whining. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Looks well-made but Too clunky. Hope you didn't spend a lot on the patent. It's so easy just to drip into the tip and get an exact 2 drops.

Easy to drip 2 drops while driving, or out and about? It would be kinda difficult to me driving, holding a bottle in one hand, and the PV in the other. Or just out and about walking around.... ;) That's the point of this device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread