These things just don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
I also received my atomisers in a pack of 5 in a white box from ruyandirect.com. I also have had problems with my SD 2 times.
I bet those dam atomisers were the cause!
Should I NOT buy from them anymore? OR was I just unlucky?

The post you're quoting is six months old. I have ordered and used many of "those little white boxes" of atomisers from Ruyan, and the odds of five of them being duds, or destroying your batteries, are IMO about 10,000 to one.

Most early atomiser failure is due to user error, as many on this thread have pointed out.

crunk04gtp

Aug 6, 2009
My apologies for not reading the entire thread. I was about twelve pages in and couldn't resist throwing in my two cents anymore. This whole conversation is uncannily similar to the one my father and I always have about my veggie oil car. This is for two reasons.

The first is in regard to what Trog calls "happy bunnies". I always called them people with an axe to grind. Greasers (as we call ourselves) get so caught up in our project and are so infuriated with the fact that alternative fuel vehicles are not available on the mass market that most will gloss over the downside of converting your car to run on veggie oil. The idea is so important to us, and we're so psyched about it we don't like to admit the problems. For someone with a cheap car who does intensive driving and is mechanically inclined it's a great way to be civic minded. But in the end it will probably knock 25% off the life of your engine, is a hassle and the incidentals mean you don't save a lot of money. I'm one of the few Greasers who will give you the real deal. 20 seems to be upset with a similar effect in this community (albeit one which is not nearly as bad). People are so enamored with this idea many look past the negatives.

The second is in regard to the technology not being there (and slightly OT). Could GM build an electric car? They did and are now doing so once again. Could Mercedes make their vehicles run on vegetable oil out of the factory? Of course. But there are two things stopping them. The first is that there isn't a huge market to support the R&D costs (or there wasn't in the case of GM and an electric car). The second is that there are vested interests which make them inclined not to. LG will never make a reliable e-cig for the same reason that the FDA published a report denouncing them. Tobacco is a huge industry, that doesn't want to see competition and will make barriers to entry as high as possible. Thus, the e-cig community will have to cope with a "beta" product which progresses slowly from garage tinkerers until the market is so developed that LG can't avoid marketing such a product (at which point the FDA will probably ban it).

I feel e-cigs are a remarkable idea. The way I see it is that I invested fifty bucks, may invest another fifty and if it works out that's awesome for many reasons. If it doesn't the investment was worth it because if it works the payoff will be incredible. Even without reading the forum, 20 should have realized that anything that sounds too good to be true probably deliver on every single thing it promises, and approached e-cigs with that thought in mind. Personally, I can't wait to give it a shot, and I look forward to interacting with what seems to be a welcoming and understanding forum! It's too bad 20 couldn't have seen it in the same light.

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
20 Get a 510.. it was a great started for me as I am able to control the heat up... no primer puffs or anything else... Once you master this you may want an auto but don't think so. I was skeptical about a manual and have nothing else to compare it with but it has kept me smoke free for 43 days from 2 packs a day.

Marlboro_Lite

Aug 9, 2009
I don't know where else to post this since I can't make a thread.

I just received a 510...and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong--I attached the pre-loaded cartridge that came with the e-cig and the first drag I was able to get a lot of vapor and I thought this was great--I tried again and it was less, then again and even less, until there was very little vapor at all. I don't understand if I'm taking the wrong drag--but I tried slowly, fast, hard, soft and it make no difference. I switched atomizers to no effect. Is it that the pre-loaded cartridges simply come with too little e-juice???

Otherwise I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Help!

jen28f

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Chester, WV
I don't know where else to post this since I can't make a thread.

I just received a 510...and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong--I attached the pre-loaded cartridge that came with the e-cig and the first drag I was able to get a lot of vapor and I thought this was great--I tried again and it was less, then again and even less, until there was very little vapor at all. I don't understand if I'm taking the wrong drag--but I tried slowly, fast, hard, soft and it make no difference. I switched atomizers to no effect. Is it that the pre-loaded cartridges simply come with too little e-juice???

Otherwise I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Help!

If you are using the cartridge that came on the ecig, there is nothing in it. It is a blank just to protect the ecig during shipping.
If you are using a cartridge that has stuffing in it and the stuffing looks white, you are using a blank. These need to be filled with juice.
If your cartridge has stuffing and it looks yellowish or brownish and wet, then you have a filled cartridge but will want to add juice to the atomizer (a drop or 2) and top off the cartridge every 10 puffs or so to keep it wet.
If you keep puffing on a dry atomizer, you will burn it out.

Watch the videos and read the info on the newbie thread. They will help you greatly.

Island Refugee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Hawaii and Michigan
So far I have tried the DES-901 and the RN4082 and here is my experience.

The 901 bought this one first - it worked for about a day and was great then it stopped working even though I recharged the battery So I bought a spare battery and a pack of 5 atomizers, none of which worked for more than a few minutes at a time, with either battery.
This product is way too temperamental to be a replacement for cigarettes. I need it to work when I need a cigarette, not five hours later and only for two minutes.

The RN4082 - it worked for less than an hour then no vapour whatsoever even after the battery is fully recharged. When it did work it wasn't as good as the 901. Again way too temperamental.

I'm detecting a lot of dishonesty on this forum (I suspect most of you are e-cig sellers) because I have been trawling this forum and I cannot find a single post mentioning how inconsistent and temperamental this technology actually is.
Real cigarettes may kill you, but at least they work.

Conclusion: The e-cig is a truly great idea but the technology isn't quite there yet for this to be a true alternative to cigarettes. When I spend 25 pounds on a product it is not acceptable that it stops working after one hour, or one day.

It says a lot that this product is only available online, if it was sold on the high street it would have to be a thousand times more durable or it would be withdrawn.
...... I started vaping only 2 weeks ago. I started with an M401, then a 501, then a 901, now a Janty stick. The 901 kit and extras were from a China supplier. In less than 2 weeks, everything is dying, even the PT.(the 901) . I've have had no problems with any of the other ecigs. My roomate ordered the same kit from a US supplier, and hers is still great. I've switched atts and batts around, trying to figure out whats what. I've decide to invest in the better high end mods now because of it. Is it possible to replace the batteries in the manual 901 batts? Or are they throw aways?

jen28f

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
Chester, WV
...... I started vaping only 2 weeks ago. I started with an M401, then a 501, then a 901, now a Janty stick. The 901 kit and extras were from a China supplier. In less than 2 weeks, everything is dying, even the PT.(the 901) . I've have had no problems with any of the other ecigs. My roomate ordered the same kit from a US supplier, and hers is still great. I've switched atts and batts around, trying to figure out whats what. I've decide to invest in the better high end mods now because of it. Is it possible to replace the batteries in the manual 901 batts? Or are they throw aways?

All the equipment is made in China (except mods of course), even those that you get from US suppliers, so that isnt the problem. Sometimes you just get bad batches...and are you using the 901 more? If so, the more its used the faster it is to go. Sorry you had this experience, I hope your future purchases all turn out to be long lasting!

metapuff

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
san francisco
i was enjoying some good vaping with my first 901 till the atty died about 2 weeks in.

i've since ordered two more and out of those only one works the other is lifeless. the one that works still needs to come to life. this is after about 30 minutes of vaping.

never had any of this trouble with my 501's. kinda let down by the 901 right now.

how many attys do you guys buy at one time? and how many do you expect to not even work?

augie

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Sorry to call you out bud, but being the supplier I am, I have had THOUSANDS ... literally THOUSANDS of atomizers run through here. I have never seen a 5 pack of 901 atomizers be DOA. Its sounds like you are smoking off the factory prime, and give up after that. There were several members and suppliers trying to help you in another thread and even ask questions, but you made your statement, and never showed you face again. Consistency is key ... and it sounds like you haven't given "consistency" a fighting chance.

Ever think it could be user error and not a problem with the device? Just a thought ....

Dishonesty from both members and suppliers? First and foremost, members have nothing to lose. They can down pretty much anything and everything if they want to, so what black shroud are they hiding behind ... ? nothing ... As far as suppliers. I haven't seen a single "labeled" ECF supplier that has not been honest with issues, both with their own stock, and in the helpful posts of others. If they do get caught up with a dishonest answer, members are quick to point out flaws and the issue gets resolved, plain and simple ...

One thing you are right about .... Analogue cigs do work to kill you ...

This goes to show, you haven't given it a fighting chance. It took me 2 weeks before I mastered how to do things, and even today, I learn new things EVERY SINGLE DAY! That's what ECF is about ... Sharing your reviews, thoughts, technical issues, and even inventions. :)

20aday ...

You can't smoke an ecig like you can an analogue cig. They are 2 completely different animals to tame ... From the lack of questions I have seen in your history, it seems like because you haven't mastered it yourself with zero guidance, that you automatically assume everyone is like you.
This isn't the case bud.

This may not be for you 20aday, but I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors ...

damn Cashmere I couldn't of said it better myself and agree 100%...

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
So far I have tried the DES-901 and the RN4082 and here is my experience.

The 901 bought this one first - it worked for about a day and was great then it stopped working even though I recharged the battery So I bought a spare battery and a pack of 5 atomizers, none of which worked for more than a few minutes at a time, with either battery.
This product is way too temperamental to be a replacement for cigarettes. I need it to work when I need a cigarette, not five hours later and only for two minutes.

The RN4082 - it worked for less than an hour then no vapour whatsoever even after the battery is fully recharged. When it did work it wasn't as good as the 901. Again way too temperamental.

I'm detecting a lot of dishonesty on this forum (I suspect most of you are e-cig sellers) because I have been trawling this forum and I cannot find a single post mentioning how inconsistent and temperamental this technology actually is.

Conclusion: The e-cig is a truly great idea but the technology isn't quite there yet for this to be a true alternative to cigarettes. When I spend 25 pounds on a product it is not acceptable that it stops working after one hour, or one day.

It says a lot that this product is only available online, if it was sold on the high street it would have to be a thousand times more durable or it would be withdrawn.

Look, it's real easy to find fault with things but difficult for some to look in the mirror. I'm not a seller, vendor or fanboy of any e-cig and yes, analogs are very easy and an e-cig will never be that easy to use(as an analog-ie.remove and insert in mouth and burn) but if you've come to this forum to simply troll, move on....don't come on here and insult us all. The e-cigs are amazing as far as I'm concerned. Honestly, I've been able to be smoke and carcinogen free for over 40 days(see sig banner) and I owe it to this forum...thanks and move along or be constructive...it takes two, dude...oh, I think there's a street named after you-it's called "one way".

just-a-nobody

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Northeastern Minnesota

I don't know about others on this forum, but I have smoked 1 to 1.5 packs a day for 47 years. I tried gum, patches, lozenges, and even Chantix, and all I can say was it was the ecig that got me off cigarettes..period. Before vaping, the longest I ever went without an analog was probably 5 hours, and I didn't do that very often.

The very first day I got my 510, I haven't smoked an analog since. I don't crave analogs, but have caught myself reaching for them, only to realize they're gone. In a perfect world, I would not have started smoking when I was 8 years old, but I did, and for the most part, I believe it was the movies and the TV shows that were showing in my younger years. Back then, everybody in the movies and TV smoked, so it was hard to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread