Thinking about buying Siren 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cohan13

Jul 23, 2018
I vape MTL exclusively and I'm tired of being somewhere where I don't have immediate access to a vape store and running out of coils. So I'm thinking of buying an RTA.
This will be my first experience with RTAs and building coils.
From what I could gather, except for the flavor, Siren 2 seems like the best and easiest option.
I would like to hear some opinions on this matter and if my choice and reasoning makes sense. Do you think there's a better option for someone in my situation?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like the Siren V2 flavor, but that's kind of a love it or hate it situation frankly so I can't exactly advise you one way or another and I will note I use strong flavors in it, and I think it tastes fine.

I will say the Ares is a similar setup (velocity style deck) and I find it just as easy to use as the Siren and set up, and it's overall just a nice, solid easy to use RTA. I find the flavor slightly better in the Ares with SOME juices and I also run the Siren wide open, it just does better for me that way.

I will say, I find them pretty comparable for setup (I use rayon though) and neither is exactly difficult. I do LOVE my Sirens (I have 4) but I will also note that I like my two ares a lot to and you'd likely find more people to tell you that they like the flavor. I like both, and have no flavor complaints about the Siren V2, although I know complaints are out there (as well as other satisfied users.)

Best of luck,

Anna

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
This is why I buy multiple packs of coils. If I'm going to be away I just carry everything I need so I do not have to depend on a local store where I am at. My experience with RDA and RTA tanks is limited to older models other than the asMODus Zesthia that I purchased not long ago. Most of my older RDA's are MTL but I hate dripping so I never cared for them much.

Cohan13

Jul 23, 2018
This is why I buy multiple packs of coils. If I'm going to be away I just carry everything I need so I do not have to depend on a local store where I am at. My experience with RDA and RTA tanks is limited to older models other than the asMODus Zesthia that I purchased not long ago. Most of my older RDA's are MTL but I hate dripping so I never cared for them much.
That could be a solution for some. I don't like to spend money on multiple packs because sometimes I go days or weeks preferring to use just 1 of my tanks. Buying multiple packs for each tank I could use and all the other expenses would make a hole in my wallet. :unsure:

I like the Siren V2 flavor, but that's kind of a love it or hate it situation frankly so I can't exactly advise you one way or another and I will note I use strong flavors in it, and I think it tastes fine.

I will say the Ares is a similar setup (velocity style deck) and I find it just as easy to use as the Siren and set up, and it's overall just a nice, solid easy to use RTA. I find the flavor slightly better in the Ares with SOME juices and I also run the Siren wide open, it just does better for me that way.

I will say, I find them pretty comparable for setup (I use rayon though) and neither is exactly difficult. I do LOVE my Sirens (I have 4) but I will also note that I like my two ares a lot to and you'd likely find more people to tell you that they like the flavor. I like both, and have no flavor complaints about the Siren V2, although I know complaints are out there (as well as other satisfied users.)

Best of luck,

Anna
Thanks, I was considering Ares earlier but being 24mm I don't have a mod big enough for that. Plus that I like a tighter MTL draw.
Ultimately it looks like Siren2 is what I need. Now all I need to do is researching what type of wire and ohm resistance is the best.

Last edited:

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
Portugal
I've recently switched over to sub-ohm MTL vaping (~2 months). So far I've got: Cthulhu Hastur (24 & 22), Siren II 24, SXK & SJMY Doggy, SXK Pocket and as of today, the VV Berserker (24 2ml).

What I value most on my tanks are
  1. flavor/vape quality - so far, all I've listed are on par;
  2. ease of rebuilding: not having too many parts (juice controls) or floating decks (a minus for the Pocket);
  3. ease of refilling: usually top fill (a minus for the Doggy)
  4. looks/a fitting drip tip (SS tips on the Doggy/Pocket get way too hot for my vaping)
  5. well machined/sealed airflow control (I hate hate hate rings that are hard to adjust)
I'd say that considering these qualities, I'd order mine (order of preference) as such:
Hastur Mini > Berserker > Big Hastur > Doggy > Siren II > Pocket

So far, the Siren is the only one that has flooded/leaked on me on several rebuilds. The top refill also gets somewhat hard to open with the huge o-ring/pressure lock.

PS: All my considerations are using TC (DNA75) at around 210-230 Celsius, 0.45-0.65 Ohms at 15-22.5W

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread