Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Well, mine just arrived.
Put batteries in, screwed the tank on that was on another mod, entered TCR mode, set the 0.00138 for my SS430, set wattage to 55W and temp to 430F just as on other mods.
I get very little vapor.
It's got the correct resistance, shows the same as other mods.
In power mode, it vapes fines, but I don't use power mode. I'm an unreformed TC vaper.
Setting the TCR to 0.00175, watts to 75, and temp to 450F produces a nice vape.

Defective or just the device? I need to know whether to RMA it.

I have heard from others that TC is not great, probably why I haven't bought one yet.

Reactions: ShowerHead

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm torn here. It's a very well built mod, feels good in my hand. But, I vape TC and not even TC, TCR because of the SS430 I use. Now, I can play with the TCR value, wattage, and temp to get it somewhat vaping. Then I worry about how accurate the chip is.
I'll hold off a while, but I think its going back. Darn shame.
Don't jump the gun, as I said I didn't read manual or youtube before trying. Wait for some posts from people who do have it. I seldom mess with tc, so no expert - was just bored at work and playing with mod.

Reactions: ShowerHead

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Since I don't use SS430 I can only confirm your TCR settings are right. What resistance is you build?
I first used my Govad with a single SS316L fused clapton 0.32, TCR at 0.00093 and it fires quick and nice. Turned the TCR value up to 0.00125(as most mods don't have good TC) and fires great.
Used the same coil in SS mode 45w@430 and works great.
So I'm not sure why it would be any different using SS430.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
It's now winging its way back to the vendor. At my expense. For a store credit. At least they have a selection of things to spend it on...

You know, why bother to add TC/TCR if they are not going to make an effort to have it be at least somewhat accurate?

Looks nice, feels nice, everything fit well. All good, right until I hit the fire button.

I'm just not willing to experiment/adjust/play with any mod to get it to sometimes vape the way I like. Finding wattage and temp is all I expect to, or will, do. Plumbing the depths of menus to find what makes a mod 'work' isn't something I'm up for anymore. TC/TCR is no longer a new thing at this point.

Doesn't matter what you pay, the silly things should work reasonably well with reasonably the same settings as other mods.

gotrekvapersson

Nov 9, 2017
Got mine yesterday. This thing looks like 3 times the price. Outstanding appearance and feel. Great size for a 2 battery mod. I have only used it in vw mode at this point. It fires fast and smooth. Only thing that is a bit strange is that when it fires the display jumps down 1 watt while it is firing. Not an issue unless you are looking at the display while firing. It does seem to fire at the set watts though I have no way to check other than by comparison to my other mods. It is just strange that it displays 1 watt less than the setting when you fire it. I think it is a glitch with the chip. Still for the price this is a very solid mod.

hello.

has anyone figured out the wattage drop? is it a deliberate design feature or a glitch?

you can see it clearly in this video:

gotrekvapersson

Nov 9, 2017
I've had my Exus Ark a few weeks now and no issues. Enjoy the mod and happy with my purchase.

thanks, letitia. happy vaping.

i was entertaining the possibility that it might be a design feature but your reply and the fact that the mod was quickly revised and renamed after initial release seem to suggest otherwise. so perhaps it exists in the initial MKL200 but not in Exus Ark?

anyone else who has or has not experienced this?

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
thanks, letitia. happy vaping.

i was entertaining the possibility that it might be a design feature but your reply and the fact that the mod was quickly revised and renamed after initial release seem to suggest otherwise. so perhaps it exists in the initial MKL200 but not in Exus Ark?

anyone else who has or has not experienced this?
It seems that they revised and fixed the Mkl200 shortly after the initial release. They also renamed it. I think it was only available as the original MKL200 for a very short period. Probably one run. I got one of those and use it in the vw mode without any real issues. I ignore the 1 watt drop on the display as it does not seem to effect anything. It is reported that the Exus Ark version is completely fixed.

gotrekvapersson

Nov 9, 2017
It seems that they revised and fixed the Mkl200 shortly after the initial release. They also renamed it. I think it was only available as the original MKL200 for a very short period. Probably one run. I got one of those and use it in the vw mode without any real issues. I ignore the 1 watt drop on the display as it does not seem to effect anything. It is reported that the Exus Ark version is completely fixed.

tanks for the reply, chodi.

in my web search, I haven't come across any detailed info on the revision and especially as to the reasons for it. are we absolutely sure it is not for marketing purposes? do you remember where you read about it? though the lack of any problems reported by exus ark users seem to support this theory.

the watt drop you experience is only 1 w. those I have seen are generally higher. so the extent of the drop seems to be correlated with wattage. I would assume that you are an mtl user, correct? (just checking whether or not drop is affected by wattage.)

btw, the mod is still listed as mkl200 on the think vape website, no mention of an exus ark.

Last edited:

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
tanks for the reply, chodi.

in my web search, I haven't come across any detailed info on the revision and especially as to the reasons for it. are we absolutely sure it is not for marketing purposes? do you remember where you read about it? though the lack of any problems reported by exus ark users seem to support this theory.

the watt drop you experience is only 1 w. those I have seen are generally higher. so the extent of the drop seems to be correlated with wattage. I would assume that you are an mtl user, correct? (just checking whether or not drop is affected by wattage.)

btw, the mod is still listed as mkl200 on the think vape website, no mention of an exus ark.

So, to be specific, when I use it in low wattage under 20 watts there is no drop registered. Only on rare occasions when I have used it at around 50 watts have I noticed the 1 watt drop on the display but it does not effect the vape. I actually think it is not dropping the wattage only a slight glitch in the display. I use mine daily and it has never failed to work and give a good vape with a variety of atomizers. The temperature control on this version is useless as there is no tcr (Exus Ark has it). I only tried it once with ss and the vape with the standard included profile was useless.

To be honest unless you were looking at the display while firing you would never notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread