Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Ok, at the risk of being a serial questioner, is the TC any good? I don't use the stock values, I vape SS430 or NiFe52 which both require TCR. I've found that on some mods, while others get lousy vaping with the built in settings, I get good vape from TCR.

Don't worry, last question.
I don't mind the questions.
I use SS316L ALOT and so far the TC is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I think I saw it for $45 at eightvape.com

Check them and the price was $59 + shipping.
So, I went with ECig-City $54 and free shipping. Plus, for some reason, I always get things from them in 3 days for the order.
Hope my luck holds, you folks have me kind of excited to get it! Went with black/carbon fiber.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Check them and the price was $59 + shipping.
So, I went with ECig-City $54 and free shipping. Plus, for some reason, I always get things from them in 3 days for the order.
Hope my luck holds, you folks have me kind of excited to get it! Went with black/carbon fiber.

I just checked my emails from eight vape and it was in there deals of the week I got on 8-30-17. Who knows, hopefully they drop the price again soon, that was a great price. You can't go wrong with ECig-City though and since eightvape no longer offers free shipping the final price would have been close to the same anyway.

8vape email.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I love the ostrich sleeves on my Therion. Purple & gray. Your pics in in post your gear (or whatever the thread title is) were great. Found Rixsta showing off Boreas on 4 threads across a couple of forums. Should go look on POV, prob posted there too! LOL

If you have a Triade, there are now ostrich backs available as well. It's a nice way to refresh your mod's look.

Reactions: Letitia

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, mine just arrived.
Put batteries in, screwed the tank on that was on another mod, entered TCR mode, set the 0.00138 for my SS430, set wattage to 55W and temp to 430F just as on other mods.
I get very little vapor.
It's got the correct resistance, shows the same as other mods.
In power mode, it vapes fines, but I don't use power mode. I'm an unreformed TC vaper.
Setting the TCR to 0.00175, watts to 75, and temp to 450F produces a nice vape.

Defective or just the device? I need to know whether to RMA it.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well, mine just arrived.
Put batteries in, screwed the tank on that was on another mod, entered TCR mode, set the 0.00138 for my SS430, set wattage to 55W and temp to 430F just as on other mods.
I get very little vapor.
It's got the correct resistance, shows the same as other mods.
In power mode, it vapes fines, but I don't use power mode. I'm an unreformed TC vaper.
Setting the TCR to 0.00175, watts to 75, and temp to 450F produces a nice vape.

Defective or just the device? I need to know whether to RMA it.
Same thing happened to me, just put back into power mode. I guess I'll have to breakout the booklet to figure it out. Not high on my priority list since I use 316l. @Tonee N is having success, he'll probably show up to help you out.

Reactions: ShowerHead

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Same thing happened to me, just put back into power mode. I guess I'll have to breakout the booklet to figure it out. Not high on my priority list since I use 316l. @Tonee N is having success, he'll probably show up to help you out.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm torn here. It's a very well built mod, feels good in my hand. But, I vape TC and not even TC, TCR because of the SS430 I use. Now, I can play with the TCR value, wattage, and temp to get it somewhat vaping. Then I worry about how accurate the chip is.
I'll hold off a while, but I think its going back. Darn shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread