Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
I need some advises

I bought something called "Frontier Vanilla Flavor". The ingredient list is:
Glycerin, Vanilla bean extractives, water.

The taste is great: it is vapable as is but I have a huge problem. For some weeks not my atomisers are not working well: They do not wick anymore. They still work but I have to drip and honnestly I don't like having to add 2 drops every 5 minutes.

I feel it may be caused by that Frontier Vanilla VG. It could be too thick. (I have no problem with my PG mixes after washing the atomiser)
I added a few drops of vodka to my mixes but I still does not wick: The cart filler is extra wet but no wick !?

Either I do no add enough vodka (or water ?) or that Frontier thing contains sugar or something that simply clog the material.

As I like that Frontier VG and want to give it another chance I ask you:

When you add VG: how much water or vodka (or everclear) do you use ???

Thanks!

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
Vinnie--I have some of the Frontier and it needs to be thinned out some as it is too viscious to vape without clogging your atomizer. Use some grain alcohol or high proof vodka and thin it out till it is like water. It sounds like you are added just a little to much. It does not take much to thin out.

Sun

Thanks a lot Sun ! So that's what I need to do: "till it is like water" !
I was really frustrated.

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
I was really frustrated.

Well, I think I will be long before I got it right, now it wicks but my liquid is too thin so I got liquid in my mouth all day long !

Trial error :mad: trial error :( trial error :-x trial success :)?

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Funny I just answered a similar question in a PM not 5 min ago.

Answer is to dilute as the above distingushed members have suggested, BUT
To get the right viscosity, take a mirror and slant it at 45 degrees, take your VG mix and your PG mix and drip at the same time one drop beside each other. The speed and distanse should be the same. If the VG is slow then add more Vodka, everclear or distilled water to it. If it is the same you are ready to vape. Easy Peasy.
Dan

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I was really frustrated.

I find 10% vodka works great. Use scuba's spreadsheet...its a god-send. I often use the Frontiers no-alc vanilla in place of VG for making flavored juices where I would otherwise be diluting high-nic juice with just VG. Adds a really great baseline flavor to many of the "sweet" flavors, like toffee or caramel.

Another trick I've done is in my own vanilla recipe. Normally one uses some amount of high-nic unflavored, VG, vodka, and then flavor. For the VG, as I said, I use the Frontiers no-alc vanilla. For the vodka, I use Frontiers alcohol-based vanilla extract. For the flavor, I use Capella Vanilla Custard, at about 10%. Everything is food grade, the thickness is cut, and the flavor is just wonderful.

I started making no-PG juices very early on, but ended up killing a few attys because I was not thinning the juice enough. Great vapor for a while, then clogged up. Ran the atty way too hot. I learned the hard way, but learned from these masters in my thread "Is VG killing my 510 attys?"

Have fun! Vape on!

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
I find 10% vodka works great. Use scuba's spreadsheet...its a god-send. I often use the Frontiers no-alc vanilla in place of VG for making flavored juices where I would otherwise be diluting high-nic juice with just VG. Adds a really great baseline flavor to many of the "sweet" flavors, like toffee or caramel.

Another trick I've done is in my own vanilla recipe. Normally one uses some amount of high-nic unflavored, VG, vodka, and then flavor. For the VG, as I said, I use the Frontiers no-alc vanilla. For the vodka, I use Frontiers alcohol-based vanilla extract. For the flavor, I use Capella Vanilla Custard, at about 10%. Everything is food grade, the thickness is cut, and the flavor is just wonderful.

I started making no-PG juices very early on, but ended up killing a few attys because I was not thinning the juice enough. Great vapor for a while, then clogged up. Ran the atty way too hot. I learned the hard way, but learned from these masters in my thread "Is VG killing my 510 attys?"

Have fun! Vape on!

Wow ! Nice tips here too. Since your experienced with Frontier Vanilla VG I will follow our advice. I will also look for that VG Killer thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread