This CDC farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a link to this survey that is plaguing the media lately? I can't help but notice alone with the other inconsistencies mentioned, that it's never mentioned if the kids who tried e-cigs were already smokers looking to quit. I want to see if this is one here and read the survey myself for something I am working on.

Thank you

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I assume you are talking about the CDC's comments about youth use of e-cigarettes increasing?

First there is the CDC's press release: CDC Online Newsroom | Press Release | E-cigarette use more than doubles among U.S. middle and high school students from 2011-2012

Then, the actual commentary in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly report: Notes from the Field: Electronic Cigarette Use Among Middle and High School Students — United States, 2011–2012

The supporting data (text of questions asked, data sets of responses) have not yet been posted for 2012. CDC - National Youth Tobacco Survey (NYTS) - Smoking & Tobacco Use

I also note that we are now more than 3/4 of the way through the year 2013, and yet the CDC still has not posted the results for Adult Smoking prevalence for 2012. The latest figures are for 2011: CDC Vital Signs - Adult Smoking in the US

What is the CDC hiding? And why?

Ooops, almost forgot. Another source of information from a different agency, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
[h=1]Results from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health:[/h]http://www.samhsa.gov/data/NSDUH/2012SummNatFindDetTables/NationalFindings/NSDUHresults2012.htm#ch4

See Figure 4.4 Past Month Cigarette Use among Youths Aged 12 to 17, by Gender: 2002-2012

And Figure 5.8 Past Year Cigarette Initiation among Youths Aged 12 to 17 Who Had Never Smoked Prior to the Past Year, by Gender: 2002-2012

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread