Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
68F210D7-465A-4745-984A-D76025582A24.jpeg
This is why it takes me 2 -3 hours mixing. i was planning on mixing up a few recipes tomorrow and this is what me list ends up looking like lol!

There’s just too many delicious recipes for me to pick just a few!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, @Fidola13 , congrats on officially becoming a mixologist. I hope you enjoy your juices! I limit myself to 11 or 12 new 100 m.g. mixes at a time, as a MTL vaper, they just all pile up otherwise! But yes, it's hard to resist trying a jillion new things and I've had to put myself on juice rotation.

I am always going to adore my Apricot Brandy recipe, for example, but it's going to sit out a few cycles. If I made more of everything I liked, I'd never mix anything new. So either I am "good" at this, or I'm "not picky." LOL.

Anna

Reactions: IDJoel

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
That seems like it would get complicated and hard to keep track of. How do you do it?

I use a spreadsheet. It shows 5 recipes per page. Back when I made multiple mixes at a time I printed them off. Now I never do more than 5 so I can just have it up on the screen.

Each mixing session I make a copy, with date as part of the name, so in theory I can go back and check old recipes. Not easy though. I've got dozens of versions of the spreadsheet going back 3 years so if I want to find an old recipe I haven't made for a while I have to open a bunch of files to locate it. That did get to be a huge pain when I was experimenting a lot. Thought about making an index file to keep track of where stuff was but I never got around to it.

Now I'm down to around 8 recipes and I don't experiment much, so I have 2 copies named Favorites 1 and Favorites 2. That makes it really simple.

It's a low tech spreadsheet. I enter the bottle size and the percentage of each flavoring. It calculates the amount of base and amount of each flavoring.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
When I am going to test batch a lot of flavors at once, I try to do similar recipes. If I do all fruits, I make all the base the same in a big beaker, then I can do all the recipes at the same percentage, say 5% to start. Shaves a lot of time off the process.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
@DancingHeretik , I don't know. It is just how I started. I do write a lot of notes with a recipe having it's own sheet. I did learn way back how to link cells and write basic scripts. I imagine that recipe book apps are further developed and, may be, better.

I can't track juice levels in my stock. I do note the amount I have as I use them. I add them to the "to buy more" list, which is really the last step in my mixing routine. Order to make sure the next time needs are covered.

Linking and writing basic scripts is not to hard, kinda just part of my vaping hobby.

Also, of note, apps tend to give away info to nefarious places. My work affects what I do personally, so I am not very on-line connected as far as apps or Facebook, etc.

I just don't want the bad people to know that I like to vape Frooty Loops and Milk. I could be blackmailed.

A whole lot of :rolleyes:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I use a spreadsheet. It shows 5 recipes per page. Back when I made multiple mixes at a time I printed them off. Now I never do more than 5 so I can just have it up on the screen.

Each mixing session I make a copy, with date as part of the name, so in theory I can go back and check old recipes. Not easy though. I've got dozens of versions of the spreadsheet going back 3 years so if I want to find an old recipe I haven't made for a while I have to open a bunch of files to locate it. That did get to be a huge pain when I was experimenting a lot. Thought about making an index file to keep track of where stuff was but I never got around to it.

Now I'm down to around 8 recipes and I don't experiment much, so I have 2 copies named Favorites 1 and Favorites 2. That makes it really simple.

It's a low tech spreadsheet. I enter the bottle size and the percentage of each flavoring. It calculates the amount of base and amount of each flavoring.
@DancingHeretik , I don't know. It is just how I started. I do write a lot of notes with a recipe having it's own sheet. I did learn way back how to link cells and write basic scripts. I imagine that recipe book apps are further developed and, may be, better.

I can't track juice levels in my stock. I do note the amount I have as I use them. I add them to the "to buy more" list, which is really the last step in my mixing routine. Order to make sure the next time needs are covered.

Linking and writing basic scripts is not to hard, kinda just part of my vaping hobby.

Also, of note, apps tend to give away info to nefarious places. My work affects what I do personally, so I am not very on-line connected as far as apps or Facebook, etc.

I just don't want the bad people to know that I like to vape Frooty Loops and Milk. I could be blackmailed.

A whole lot of :rolleyes:
I have a hard enough time making sure I remember to keep my flavoring spreadsheet up to date. Other than one flavor recipes, I have one recipe which I need to play with to perfect and a bunch for my sister (which I keep in a simple text file under her name).

Nope, I'm not at the point of keeping recipes organized. I'm simply trying to keep notes organized.

I have a long ways to go!

I don't know. Maybe I should have a separate spreadsheet just for recipes. I might experiment more that way. Hmmm.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
View attachment 734281 This is why it takes me 2 -3 hours mixing. i was planning on mixing up a few recipes tomorrow and this is what me list ends up looking like lol!

There’s just too many delicious recipes for me to pick just a few!!!

Mix up several 100ml bottles of unflavored juice with nic at your specific nic strength to use as a base for your juice. Use the base mixture and add the flavors according to the recipe for your bottle size. To be exact you'd have to vary the settings on the recipe calculator to allow for higher and lower flavor concentrations, but you save time if the flavors are close in percentage amounts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread