Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Tapioca looks like frog spawn?

I'll never unsee that.

As a vaper I can see why some are bothered by clouds. Recently I entered a shop that caused me to think I had entered Cheech & Chong's VW bus... only it was a sickening aroma of cotton candy, cocoa puffs and Captain Crunch. I used to like Captain Crunch, the cereal. And now cotton candy evokes a mental image of a tatoo covered hippy chick whose face looks like she dove head first into my dads fishing tackle box trying to convince me she the cotton candy stuff she was vaping was skittles flavor.

Last edited:

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland

I'll never unsee that.

As a vaper I can see why some are bothered by clouds. Recently I entered a shop that caused me to think I had entered Cheech & Chong's VW bus... only it was a sickening aroma of cotton candy, cocoa puffs and Captain Crunch. I used to like Captain Crunch, the cereal. And now cotton candy evokes a mental image of a tatoo covered hippy chick whose face looks like she dove head first into my dads fishing tackle box trying to convince me she the cotton candy stuff she was vaping was skittles flavor.
Tapioca V Frog Spawn.
Too close for comfort IMO.
03FAB049-BE0C-4915-8733-D730E2856DC7.jpeg
25C54FDA-C0AD-4F3C-87EC-9A213796FFB5.jpeg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

I'll never unsee that.

My 9yo cousin thinks all my juices smell like cotton candy and I don't use it or sweeteners.o_O

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
So true. My wife borrowed my car a couple of weeks ago. When she got home she says to me, "Your car smells like cake."

Yeah baby!
my car and clothes smell like cookies, a very nice change from smelling like an ashtray :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I gotta say, I really don't understand how people could stand being around me! I smelled like fire and brimstone, and my car probably smelled like one of those smokers lounges in airports.

I'm so glad I never smoked in the house, but seriously, coworkers, clients, my non smoking family IDK how they did it! LOL, I love the smell of smoke personally and probably always will, but that stale clingy smoke that just clings to your clothes, hair, etc. I have no idea how like, others stood it ,but I most certainly could NOT smell myself (or really much of anything).

Anna

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
When I was a kid Anna, divorce was rare and so were non smokers. Even the preacher smoked. So it wasn't even noticed that others smelled like cigarettes.

I remember being in a waiting room at the doctors office and my doctor borrowed my lighter. Back then hospital rooms had ash trays. No kidding.

When smoking became banned in restaraunts in my state the wife and I Fuma'd after a meal. It became obvious real quickly that vaping would soon follow as patrons nearby gathered up their children like a mother goose in the rain. "Just look at those people puffing their steam" some said.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I LOVED smoking cigarettes for 50+ years...so there's NO WAY...EVER...that I'd consider making my home a NO-SMOKING Zone...

When smoking friends visit...the smoke (to me) smells like...smoke...

Not BAD...like I end up gagging or anything...but also not GOOD...like I'd want to go over and grab a cigarette and say "I GOTTA start smoking again!"...

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
When smoking friends visit...the smoke (to me) smells like...smoke...Not BAD...like I end up gagging or anything...but also not GOOD...like I'd want to go over and grab a cigarette and say "I GOTTA start smoking again!"...
Interesting. After only a month of non-smoking, people's cig smoke started smelling extremely bad to me.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I for one hope a cigarette never smells bad to me.

I promised Mrs. States my smoking cessation wouldn't affect her decision to not stop. She said she'd do what she could to help me along. That includes not smoking around me. But I told her I have no desire for her to change anything she does now. Just as long as she doesn't blow it in my face like my first wife used to do when I had quit once.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
When a former mentor of mine told me he used to smoke 4-5 packs a day I asked why he stopped. He said "they cost a dollar a pack and so did a 6 pack of Budweiser". "I couldn't afford both". I asked why quit cigarettes and not beer. He replied "beer made me high, cigarettes made me cough". I asked if he still misses them. He replied "everyday and twice on Sunday". I asked if he'd ever nearly resumed. He said "everytime I'm at the hunt club in the fall and folks are drinking coffee, I love the smell" "But no, they cost four dollars a pack now". lol.
His wife still smokes, so that gives me positive vibes that I can quit without asking Mrs. States not to smoke around me.

To me, it's just one of those times in life to put away a habit that isn't positive. I could use excuses like the cost, the health, the this or that. But I'd rather just treat it like some past changes that took a while, but when the change occured that was that. I don't want to wear a badge that says 'yeah, I'm an ex-smoker'. I'd rather be in a conversation some day with a youngster like the day I found out my mentor used to smoke and hear the kid say "really? you?"...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sweets, don't get me started on sweets !. I eat more sweets now than i ever did, ever !. By the box load, literally !. We're all suckers for chocolate right. Me, i can eat a 200g bar of Dairy Milk in ten minutes, not good calorie wise, about a thousand !. Decided to try avoiding chocolate completely and started eating (chewing) a branded toffee called "Riesen". Takes me the same length of time to eat one 40kcal Riesen than it did to eat 100g of dairy Milk. It's "like" the best ever tasting bubblegum you can imagine, except it dissolves !. Chocolate flavoured toffee !. The taste of chocolate just never seems to end, it just goes on, and on, and on. Saves eating thousands of redundant calories a month i'd say. So i can eat as much of this stuff as i like, because it takes such a long time to eat it. Best cure i've ever found for a chocoholic like myself.

You got me started !. :)

For me, it's Milk Duds. 10 pieces = 130 calories, and it takes me three nights of TV watching to finish a box. I used to eat M&M's for TV snacks. A big bag would be gone in no time. Not good for weight watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread