This is why none vapers hate us

Status
Not open for further replies.

generic 80s name

Sep 3, 2018
I gotta say, I really don't understand how people could stand being around me! I smelled like fire and brimstone, and my car probably smelled like one of those smokers lounges in airports.

I'm so glad I never smoked in the house, but seriously, coworkers, clients, my non smoking family IDK how they did it! LOL, I love the smell of smoke personally and probably always will, but that stale clingy smoke that just clings to your clothes, hair, etc. I have no idea how like, others stood it ,but I most certainly could NOT smell myself (or really much of anything).

Anna

I'll never forget the first time I quit smoking. I used to smoke indoors in my house, just like my parents did before me. Could never smell it because I was born into it. Anyway, I was dating a guy at the time, we lived together, and he had been quit from smoking for enough years for the smell to have no pleasure for him. He let me smoke indoors though...when I finally quit, a few days later I went to my closet to pick out some clothes and got so sick to my stomach. Everything went into the wash that weekend! I am still amazed to this day that he happily lived in that environment :?:

Even when I fell off the wagon I never smoked inside again. I have a friend who smokes inside her home and when we all get together it can be kinda nauseating, even though I still do smoke a little bit.

My car though...I don't think that smell will ever go away :(

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Get it detailed. Seriously the "serious" detailers can do stuff like ozone it to make the smell go away, and you deserve it for quitting. They can make it like, new again.

Half my house burned down (thanks to the husband's cigarette, well more like a third and you'd be surprised what a good 24 hours of ozone treatment can do. It's for the most part repaired, but they took ALL our possessions and decontaminated THEM too. You'd be surprised how there is zero "my house burned up" left and zero odor.

I smoked in my car not my house, and I felt SO bad because I did it with my kid present, that was one area where like, I felt SO horrible and guilty and it was a pleasure getting that sucker detailed so I didn't have to remember all my car smoking "Failures" as it were.

Anna

generic 80s name

Sep 3, 2018
Get it detailed. Seriously the "serious" detailers can do stuff like ozone it to make the smell go away, and you deserve it for quitting. They can make it like, new again.

Half my house burned down (thanks to the husband's cigarette, well more like a third and you'd be surprised what a good 24 hours of ozone treatment can do. It's for the most part repaired, but they took ALL our possessions and decontaminated THEM too. You'd be surprised how there is zero "my house burned up" left and zero odor.

I smoked in my car not my house, and I felt SO bad because I did it with my kid present, that was one area where like, I felt SO horrible and guilty and it was a pleasure getting that sucker detailed so I didn't have to remember all my car smoking "Failures" as it were.

Anna

I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tip! That's great that they were able to salvage your house, whoa :eek:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I'll never forget the first time I quit smoking. I used to smoke indoors in my house, just like my parents did before me. Could never smell it because I was born into it. Anyway, I was dating a guy at the time, we lived together, and he had been quit from smoking for enough years for the smell to have no pleasure for him. He let me smoke indoors though...when I finally quit, a few days later I went to my closet to pick out some clothes and got so sick to my stomach. Everything went into the wash that weekend! I am still amazed to this day that he happily lived in that environment :?:

Even when I fell off the wagon I never smoked inside again. I have a friend who smokes inside her home and when we all get together it can be kinda nauseating, even though I still do smoke a little bit.

My car though...I don't think that smell will ever go away :(
Car smoking was my worst habit. I mean I always chain smoked in it, 12 years. After a while the smell goes, even non smokers tell me you’d never know.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I have to store white dress shirts under plastic covers so the shoulder doesn't have a perma-stripe when I actually pull them out every few years when I get all dressy Jessie for some event.

I used to notice as a kid that the grownups in my family always covered their dress up clothes. Now I know why.

But I do wonder how things will shake out in time in a cloud chasers home. My glasses need cleaning when hanging out in vape shops. And I noticed my auto glass gets filmed over way faster now that I vape. Especially the window I vent the steam out of. Way faster than with cigarettes.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I don't know which I could do first, switch to de-caf, or go to 0 nic. Probably neither. Caffeine and nicotine are two drugs I have no intention or reason to stop using.

Caffeine is one of those things that doctors will just tell you to limit to a couple of cups a day. Nicotine doesn't bother my doctor as long as I get it from my vape and not from a combustible source.

My wife and I switched to Decaf Tea years ago, but still do caffeinated coffee in the morning.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
A new guy began working on the project I'm assigned to. He said he'd been tobacco free for two years until last week. It seems he'd bounced around a few consulting firms the last couple of months and thought he'd finally found a good company.

They had him assigned 9 hours from his home promising all kinds of upward movement if he'd just do them that one favor. One week later they said "sorry dude but we gotta cut you loose".

He said on his way home he was so mad he stopped at a store and bought two packs of his favorite Camels. So the first day on our project was his 3rd day of smoking the first of those 2 packs. He said he knows he is hooked again.

I showed him my Rover X setup and asked if he'd consider vaping. His eyes got as big as coffee saucers and he says in a Peruvian/Italian accent "no way man those things blow up". I showed him my JAC Sandstorm and said those are the kind that might if you mishandle them but that the Rover has an internal battery as safe as a flashlight.

I spent a few minutes explaining things but he was still scared to get within 5 feet of me while I vaped. Today he admitted to being curious about a vape "as long as it's not one of those cotton candy machines".
:w00t:

Edit:
Almost forgot; today I was puffing on a Zenith clad Kroma and he asked what I was 'smoking'. I said "my special sauce". He said "what's that?" I said "watch this" and walked over to a contractor who'd not only drank a quart of stupid, but the entire gallon, and I started yelling at him.

I walked back and he says "jeez you sure got mad at that guy". I responded "nah, my special sauce makes it so I yell at people while smiling". He said "man I want to try some of that" :sneaky:

Later in the day the contractor had reported me to his boss. His boss to my boss. My boss said "uh, please stop showing off for the new guy". While talking to my boss I whipped out my Kroma and puffed on it. The boss says "holy crap, don't those things explode?"
:shock:

Last edited:

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
When I was getting off the stinkies, the car was the first place to quit for me. It was the heaviest smoking area. I was recommended a product from a coworker that he used in high school so his parents wouldn't know he was smoking. It's called ozium. If I remember right it's even got propylene glycol in it. I read somewhere that it can help absorb odors. It comes in a spray can, dont spray it before a drive though. Stuff has a strong unique smell at first. Make ya dizzy. I never smoked in my home though, always outside. I didn't start smoking full time until I moved out of my parents into a trailer. I wasnt keen on smoking in a large tinderbox.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Ozium is used in hospitals for the bathrooms. When I was in patient that was where I first discovered the product.
It works really well and does a unique scent that doesn't make you gag like flowery perfumey type scents in air fresheners.
C.B.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So at work the other day I was talking to a contractor who was asking for an inspection of an overhead sign footing. To my right a young worker pulls out a vape pen and takes a drag. No huge cloud. Just a good drag. It was about 10am and I was having my first smoke of the day some 3 hours later than normal.

He took a second drag about a minute later and put it away. Phooey on work, vaper at my 2 'oclock. So I asked him about it. He seemed very sheepish about it. I asked him if he'd stopped smoking by vaping. He said he'd stopped smoking a year before thanks to his trusty tool.

Bravo, I said as I finished my cigarette. His boss not wanting to be upstaged enters the chat saying "yeah those cotton candy machines are stupid". Another guy says "you seen that youtube where dudes leg gets blown off?" They laughed as the lads face turned red in embarassment.

I pulled out my Rover X with a Zenith tank and showed it to the youngster. Normal color returned to his face as those 'burley' dudes walked away after being punk'd by the inspector who says yay or nay about their work.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So at my work whenever I pull out a hand sized vape device I hear that same old routine. "Those things explode" "cotton candy machines" "cloud makers are rude".

I'm an inspector, so at some point along the way I'm going to cause somebody to be ...... off about something anyway. So that stuff don't bother me as I walk past a giant Tonka toy where the operator just did a cloud that causes me to wonder "is it the operator inside vaping or do I need to find a fire extinguisher?"

Recently I was standing behind a crowd who was downwind and puffed on my Sourin Air. One guy turned around and asked "whatcha smoking today, strawberry?". The rest turned too and saw my credit card device and not one person said "don't those things explode?".... Nope, instead they were curious how I could get wonderful smelling steam from such a small device. I said "grappleberry salsa grape." What I heard that time was "do those things really help you stop smoking?"....

Next day when I used my flash drive device I heard "wow, that's pretty cool"....

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
So yesterday I was in a vape shop and a group of young soldiers barely old enough to shave walked in looking for a bluetooth featured mod. The proprietor is one of those disk in the ears fellows who had the app to said device on his celphone. He was ringing me up at that moment.

The other proprietor says "hey, let me see your phone so I can show these cats how it works". He did. Suddenly the room is filled with super-fast drums, turbo speed electric guitars and a voice screaming in pain "KILL KILL KILL THEY ALL MUST DIE IT'S JUST A THRILL BWAAAAAAAHHHH"

Yeah, I don't see that being real popular to the non-vape crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread