Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
'News' agency :rolleyes:
Pm1XcaK.png

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
THC/VG vaping has been around for a few yrs and we didnt see strange illnesses, and then juul pops up, becomes popular and a means to easily conceal/sell/transport the THC/CBD pods.
and within the last several months, all of a sudden we see illnesses and deaths mainly found those using pods... ya think it just might be the CBD, THC, Vitamin E etc combinations that could be the issue??? o_O

I think you nailed it right there.

Reactions: stols001

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Point of order: We used to call it journalism. Today we call it media.
More like propaganda,, there is a reason we don't pay for the news. The writer likely grad college a year ago,, buried in student loan debt,, who will write anything to get people to visit the websites for click bait data,,,, in other words,,, website counts # of people who read the article then knows how much to charge for advertising. You the reader is the product being sold. Given the avg American IQ is now a lowly 98,, dumber is better,,, until their credit card is maxed out

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Given the avg American IQ is now a lowly 98

WOW;
"... the US doesn’t even make the top 25 for national IQ...

Ranking
Country Average IQ
Singapore 107.1
2 China 105.8
3 Hong Kong 105.7
4 South Korea 104.6
4 Taiwan 104.6
6 Japan 104.2
7 Finland 100.9
8 Canada 100.4
8 Netherlands 100.4
10 Liechtenstein 100.3
11 Switzerland 100.2
12 Mongolia 100
13 Macao 99.9
14 Estonia 99.4
15 Belgium 99.3
16 Australia 99.2
17 UK 99.1
18 Austria 99
19 Czech Republic 98.9
19 New Zealand 98.9
21 Germany 98.8
22 Sweden 98.6
22 Iceland 98.6
24 France 98.1
24 Hungary 98.1"

And to underscore the point this Top 25 chart from Forbes has only 24 entries. :confused::eek:o_O:blink::blink:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Its disturbing isn't it . I think about it often,,. I have friends on Facebook who want advanced math taken out of middle school. I was taking college level algebra I &II in middle school as part of a test program of 12 kids,, whatever OU used we used all the way through highschool trig,calc, geo I&II

Math is the cornerstone to todays technology in smart phones, cars, this website!- do you really want to step back to the caves!!???

WOW;
"... the US doesn’t even make the top 25 for national IQ...

Ranking
Country Average IQ
Singapore 107.1
2 China 105.8
3 Hong Kong 105.7
4 South Korea 104.6
4 Taiwan 104.6
6 Japan 104.2
7 Finland 100.9
8 Canada 100.4
8 Netherlands 100.4
10 Liechtenstein 100.3
11 Switzerland 100.2
12 Mongolia 100
13 Macao 99.9
14 Estonia 99.4
15 Belgium 99.3
16 Australia 99.2
17 UK 99.1
18 Austria 99
19 Czech Republic 98.9
19 New Zealand 98.9
21 Germany 98.8
22 Sweden 98.6
22 Iceland 98.6
24 France 98.1
24 Hungary 98.1"

And to underscore the point this Top 25 chart from Forbes has only 24 entries. :confused::eek:o_O:blink::blink:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Its disturbing isn't it . I think about it often,,. I have friends on Facebook who want advanced math taken out of middle school. I was taking college level algebra I &II in middle school as part of a test program of 12 kids,, whatever OU used we used all the way through highschool trig,calc, geo I&II

Math is the cornerstone to todays technology in smart phones, cars, this website!- do you really want to step back to the caves!!???

It is appalling especially considering the wealth of the country.
SAVE THE CHILDREN a nice cave.

• Winner
Reactions: kross8

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
iq is not a good measure of intelligence and results of highly variable on poverty, stress and malnutrition.
you can always email the editor and ask them to issue a correction editor@eastoregonian.com
K-12 is a given right in the USA, no excuse for coming in so low. The very poorest of Americans are still richer than actual poor countries.

• Winner
Reactions: Woofer

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

A lot of kids education is to exercise brain pathways that need to be developed. Math is huge for that, so is reading. I buy Samsung Note phones because the pen lets me hand write more which is also good for trhe brain.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What seems to be going on is governments hope marijuana will be the next cash cow but they get greedy, taxes too high so Black Market. The vapable product is expensive material before a tax so the underground guys try to cut it with things that turn out to be bad news. Governments think may be they'll try to ban vaping technology across the board to protect their marijuana market. Some of the bad cartos were bought in legal dispensaries in Oregon. This is a failure of Oregon government to regulate effectively.

They hate vaping because it's not practical to tax. Heat not burn will pay the full tobacco tax. My smoking cost $3000 a year. My DIY replacement costs less than $30 a year. If my DIY cost the same as cigs it would have to cost $1.25 per ml making a 120 ml bottle cost $150. When Iqos rolls out nationwide all the government people will recommend it. They'll say, you don't need vaping, you have heat-not-burn.

Stu Dowling

Nov 17, 2018
Rudimentary chemistry always told us you can't mix oil with water, and as a human being I've tried this of course, and it separates. Regular eliquid is not an oil, it's a water soluble liquid. Even the vegetable glycerin is not oil, even though it's a byproduct of oil (usually coconut or palm kernel). It is a carbohydrate, a sugar alcohol, which is not oil. So we have two illnesses being reported, lipoid pneumonia, and we have some unknown disease that doctors claim look like chemical burns, like mustard gas from WWII (even though that was WW1). So let's address these and explain why regular flavored eliquid cannot be responsible. The cannabis industry has a problem with pesticides, even in some dispensaries, because regulations can vary from county to county as to how much and what kind of pesticide they use, or so I have read. These pesticides contain many chemicals, one of which can be myclobutanil, a fungicide that when heated turns to hydrogen cyanide. And we know legal dispensaries strive to keep these at "safe" levels, but of course black market THC cartos can also use black market weed, therefore pesticides can be present, and at dangerously high levels. In happened in Bhopal, India in the 80s, when the CEO of the Union Carbide pesticide company cut corners to save money and some valves failed, there was a chemical reaction that caused an explosion which released cyanide gas into the air. It swept through the town killing 3000 people overnight, and thousands more in the days and years to come. The people showed signs of something similar - chemical burns in their lungs. I'm no doctor, but I would bet what they're seeing is the results of vaping THC with high levels of pesticides. But this problem is inherent in the THC oil itself, which is a fat soluble OIL. Therefore cannot be mixed with regular eliquid (water soluble). The 2nd illness, lipoid pneumonia, is caused by inhaling lipids (fatty particles), which are found in fat soluble oils like vitamin E. Remember your fat soluble vitamins, A,D,E, and K, all the rest are water soluble. Therefore, vitamin E oil cannot be mixed with regular eliquid (water soluble). Because regular eliquid is simply not OIL. Now I've seen in this thread that there were cinnamon flavored eliquids that began to separate because they used cinnamon oil in the flavoring, which I wouldn't think would sell very well and eventually kill itself from the market, because all of the cinnamon flavors I use, and have used over the years, never separated. But even still, there had not been any problems reported, because not all oil causes lipoid pneumonia. It depends how fatty the oil is (lipids). People have been vaping THC oil for years with no issues, until the vitamin E started showing up, and now the pesticides. There are however people who have chosen to vape essential oils, which is HIGHLY not recommended. Therefore I would conclude that regular, flavored eliquid sold at vape shops is not and cannot be the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread