Sunnyvale,CA,USA
What more could I ask for?

re:
Senator Dianne Feinstein <senator@feinstein.senate.gov>
To:
XXXX

Nov 6 at 7:10 PM

Dear Mr. xxxxxx :

Thank you for contacting me to express your views about electronic cigarettes. I appreciate the time you took to write, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

I understand you oppose the Food and Drug Administration’s regulation of electronic nicotine delivery systems, commonly referred to as “e-cigarettes” or “vapes.” As you may know, on August 8, 2016, e-cigarette products became subject to many of the regulatory and legal requirements that were in place for cigarettes. These requirements include a minimum age restriction to prevent sales to underage youth and a health warning to be displayed on packages and advertisements. E-cigarette manufacturers were also subject to pre-market authorization requirements.

Despite these regulations, I am increasingly concerned about the safety of e-cigarette use, which has become an epidemic across America. As of October 8, 2019, nearly 1,300 lung injury cases and over two dozen deaths involving e-cigarette or vaping products have been reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from across the country. More information about this growing public health crisis can be found on the CDC website here: Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with the Use of E-Cigarette, or Vaping, Products | Electronic Cigarettes | Smoking & Tobacco Use | CDC .

While there remains a lack of research about the safety of these products, I understand some individuals think of e-cigarettes as smoking cessation aids. Whatever the case may be, it is important for all consumers to have accurate information about the safety and effects of e-cigarettes and other vaping products. Please know that I appreciate knowing your views, and I will keep your thoughts in mind should legislation on this topic come before the Senate for consideration.

Once again, thank you for writing. Should you have any other questions or comments, please call my Washington , D.C. office at (202) 224-3841 or visit my website at feinstein .senate.gov . You can also follow me online at YouTube , Facebook , and Twitter , and you can sign up for my email newsletter at feinstein.senate.gov/newsletter .

Best regards.
Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

re:
Dear Senator,

Thank you for your reply.
Please let me know "your" stance on vaping.
1. Against vaping in any form?
2. Vaping allowed but with restrictions?
3. vaping as it is legislated today?
4. If other, how and what?
Please select one of the above.

Best regards to you,
Bob

Reactions: r77r7r

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
A few rough thoughts in draft form for your response. May have to tamp down some of the obvious anger at her extreme ignorance:

Unaware that ecig have widely used in the USA for a over a decade before the entry of big tobacco products like Juul, Blu, etc. Or that 17 million (?) Americas have quit tobacco cigarettes by vaping. And perhaps she is unaware of the impact on US smoking rates (show the graph that overlays numbers of vapers and smokes over time). Or that multiple scientific study has already shown their relative safety and effectiveness (twice that of nicotine products like patches, gums, etc. widely sold in the US market). Or that British health now encourages ALL cigarette smokers to switch to vaping.

Suggest she listened less to the misleading conflation by the CDC of legal nicotine products and illegal, black market THC products — or ask that they clarify their statements which, without doubt, will cost American lives. Maybe she is unaware or has been misled on the exponentially greater dangers of tobacco cigarettes — which kills half of all smokers?​

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread