• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think that's a great idea, at least for buy/sell/trade. I'd shy away from PIF simply because of the precise rules it requires.

If someone wants to put up a free offer, I think that should be fine as long as we don't get into requiring the taker to place another offer, having time limits and soforth. PIF does a terrific job of modding this type of transaction, I don't know if I'd be up to the task. It gets complicated when people don't come through on their offers and I'd hate to end up refereeing disputes.

My opinion is have one thread for all transactions, buyer beware. If we can all agree to keep it simple and not let it get contentious, I'd be happy to create a sticky for it. How do you all feel?

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've gotta go to work here pretty soon. Discuss it while I'm gone, we'll come up with some sort of consensus, and I'll make a sticky to get it started.

My thoughts are pretty straightforward:
1. Buyer beware for any transactions, because there's really no way to FORCE somebody to make good on their offer.
2. Be clear on your offers, and specific, so people know what they are getting.
3. If you have something you'd like to just give away, it should be no strings attached.

Any further suggestions are welcomed!

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Stephra - good point. I like your ideas. Where / how do we start?

Aaron how do you like your dual voltage PV you won?

Loving it! But haven't played with voltage too much yet. Can't remember which way to turn for increase/decrease. I think Jturse told me 5 turns is 1 volt?? not sure, just vaping and charging batteries last couple of days.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
I've gotta go to work here pretty soon. Discuss it while I'm gone, we'll come up with some sort of consensus, and I'll make a sticky to get it started.

My thoughts are pretty straightforward:
1. Buyer beware for any transactions, because there's really no way to FORCE somebody to make good on their offer.
2. Be clear on your offers, and specific, so people know what they are getting.
3. If you have something you'd like to just give away, it should be no strings attached.

Any further suggestions are welcomed!

Yeah, I've really been wanting to sell some stuff, not a lot just some here and there but didn't have time to go through all the instructions and threads with PIF, I get overwhelmed too easliy. Got some tips from Princessdee but I haven't moved forward. Anyway simple straightforward is the way to go and like the idea of keeping it secure to PA vapers that's why I recommend coming up with a unique name for it. As Steph said earlier this would be a lot for her to oversee as it would be for me but maybe if okay with the majority someone can oversee this a little so its not all on Steph.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Okay... how about this:

One thread called Keystone Trading Post. This thread would accommodate seller/giver-end transactions. In other words, want-to-sell/trade/giveaway transactions. Strict PA only policy, to keep it fair all around (no offense to the Jersey people we have here. If we start going out of state for one set, it opens the floodgates to "well you do it for THEM, why can't you do it for ME?"). All transactions are at buyer's risk.

Another thread called Keystone Assistance Hotline. This thread would accommodate all receiver-end transactions, ie. want/needs. Again, PA recipients only, and in this case, at giver's risk.

(By the way, if anyone has better ideas for thread names, they are more than welcome - those are just what I came up with off the top of my head!)

If you are all cool with these, I will set them up. I have a few guidelines in mind for posting so that these threads will be easy to navigate, but I'm not out to be oppressive. I just want things to run as smoothly as possible.

I'm going to say NO to co-op orders. Like I said earlier, PIF already has a better infrastructure in place for this sort of transaction, and a lot more members to participate and make it worth the effort. I see co-ops as being ripe for disappointment and bad blood, and I'd rather avoid those if at all possible. I hope this isn't too much of a disappointment, I'd just like to see this forum stay as positive, active, and happy as I've seen it become in the past few weeks.

So does this sound okay to everyone? Let me know, and I'll set up some threads ASAP!

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
  • Deleted by Stephra
  • Reason: double post

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Great idea, IMO. I'd love a second chance to vape some of the tasty stuff from the sample tables. I've been rationing the cartomizers i filled at the meetup, and i'm going to be really sad when my waffle is empty :(
I should have the new batch of fish ready soon - do you want to try anything else? Let me know I'll throw some in. I don't have waffle though. I have a lot of coffee stuff like cafe mocha.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Okay... how about this:

If you are all cool with these, I will set them up. I have a few guidelines in mind for posting so that these threads will be easy to navigate, but I'm not out to be oppressive. I just want things to run as smoothly as possible.

I'd just like to see this forum stay as positive, active, and happy as I've seen it become in the past few weeks.

So does this sound okay to everyone? Let me know, and I'll set up some threads ASAP!

Stephra very good points and ideas. It all sounds OK to me.

On another note anyone like the idea of a pa vapers facebook page? I would be happy to set one up.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am currently typing up the opening posts to our trading threads - they will be locked initially until I get feedback. If they are acceptable to everyone, I will open them up when I get home from work this evening.

Lox - Facebook group? Good possibility. Let me get this other stuff taken care of and then we'll talk about that via PM a little later. You guys are all over the place since the meet! I love it!

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
OKAY -

The two trading threads are now posted as stickies. Please peruse the opening post and make sure the rules sound fair and reasonable.

If you have any further thoughts or suggestions, now is the time! I want those opening posts to be RIGHT before we open for business.

On the other hand, if you think they're good to go, give me a yes vote. When I get five yes votes, I'll open them up and we can start trading!

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
On another note I recommend everyone please become members of CASAA and also send your thanks to Bill Godshall from Smokefree Pennsylvania. He is really doing a terrific job of protecting our rights and an advocate of e cigs located in Western PA! He is extremely supportive of our group organizing. If you simply take the time to email him he will more than likely send you regular email updates on current information and action he is involved with especially if you don't visit that section of ecf forum too often. I also recommend our group members sign up for the CASAA forum, it is separate from their website and facebook site and please consider becoming a representative in your part of the state.

Don't get me wrong and I'm trying to not get political here, but I can't say I support everything with these groups but as an ex smoker I didn't and still don't support higher taxes on cigarettes and taking away the rights of regular smokers either so with that said here you go:

William T. Godshall, MPH
Executive Director
Smokefree Pennsylvania
P.O. Box 81570
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Phone Number: (412)421-0500
Fax Number: (412)351-5881
E-mail: bill@smokescreen.org

Last edited:

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
On another note I recommend everyone please become members of CASAA and also send your thanks to Bill Godshall from Smokefree Pennsylvania. He is really doing a terrific job of protecting our rights and an advocate of e cigs located in Western PA! He is extremely supportive of our group organizing. If you simply take the time to email him he will more than likely send you regular email updates on current information and action he is involved with especially if you don't visit that section of ecf forum too often. I also recommend our group members sign up for the CASAA forum, it is separate from their website and facebook site and please consider becoming a representative in your part of the state.

good idea - could you post contact info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread