The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pennsylvania Vapers - Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Vapers' started by Stephra, May 29, 2010.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MikeE3

MikeE3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Welcome back to PA. A good friend of mine just relocated to the area you left. Yep, not a lot of activity in this thread but it give a place for new comers to ECF to drop in.

Like Ricks I vape everywhere and don't get complaints - just curiosity from non-vapers and good conversation w/ other vapers. I can even vape in my local barber shop - about 1/2 the barbers are vapers.

2. Hoofhearted62

Hoofhearted62 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2013
    South Park, Pa. USA
  3. Serenity

Serenity Super Member ECF Veteran

Glad to hear that no one else has had any problems. I only mentioned this because I was asked to put it away on 3 separate occasions since I've been back. That never used to happen to me. It's not a HUGE deal, I put it away. I was simply surprised.

Oh very cool, ABQ is an awesome place; I think your friend will enjoy it. There's a vape shop out there; Rt 66 Vapor. They're great people. I don't know if your friend vapes or not, but they know what they're talking about down there. I'll also go check out Steel City Vapers, thanks. I've never met any group of people that are more welcoming than the vaping community. I mean where else can you go where a total stranger will come up to you and say, "Oh what mod is that?" Then, you find yourself talking to this person for a half hour all about mods and setups...types of liquids...etc. It's just awesome :)

4. amerwine

amerwine Full Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Pine Grove PA
    Hey to all you vaper and vapettes.

greetings from Schuylkill County PA

If you are a "Skook" welcome to the vaping community!

I have been cigarette free for 8 months. Quite an accomplishment considering I have smoked since the age of 16. I actually enjoyed smoking but hated the cost, the smell, mess, inconvenience, etc........

I was at a local farmers market and there was a vendor selling e cigarette starter kits. My hubby and me (who is a smoker too) tried out this weird looking contraption. We really like the taste and most of all it seemed like we were still smoking and had the nicotine to keep us happy. We bought one kit and returned the following week to get another. Stopped smoking cigarettes in two weeks and have vaped every since.

The vendor at the farmers market has now opened a Retail store in Hamburg PA (off RT 61) and sells his own juices, mods, and a full lineup of starter supplies. He and his wife will make you feel right at home and help you with any questions. Sabor Vapors is the name.

Hubby and I travel around to many shops... Hazleton PA (penn vape) Lancaster, Harrisburg, Elizabethtown, Lebanon.....

We since have educated ourselves and upgraded to mech mods, building coils, etc..... Ok the money we saved from cigarettes when right into e-cigarettes but we have a new hobby, meet new people, and most of all FEEL way better, no smelly clothes, can vape in our house.

E-cigarette forum has helped me understand and trouble shoot many issues along the way and everyone is eager to help with ANY question you might have.

Glad to meet you all!

5. baseballmom

baseballmom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    SE PA
    Welcome amerwine, congrats on your and your husband's quits:)

6. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Welcome amerwine. Finally another Skook! :thumb: I've been waiting 4 years for another one to join lol

7. Sir PennsylVapia

Sir PennsylVapia Full Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Allentown Pennsylvania
    and they say things out of order like " let's throw the cow over the fence some hay". It also is customary to end every other sentence with the word "once or onced"

8. Sir PennsylVapia

Sir PennsylVapia Full Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Allentown Pennsylvania
    Allentown here. More like all over the Lehigh Valley and West Reading (Wyomissing, Wernersville, Shillington and Sinking Springs) I have lived in too many different places but Pa has always been home. Grew up here and all of my education was here in Pa as well. I have lived in NYC, Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton but again PA has always been "home". This is the worst area for group start ups and Vape shops. We have 3 that I have seen and while they are not dumps they are FAR from inviting. The curse of the German settlers being lame and untrusting makes this area hard to start a group. I am coming up on 3 years as a Vaper and I have NEVER met a vaper in real life and went to my first shop about 2 months ago. Blah is all I can say about the shop and the other shops (all owned by the same people) just blah ugly florescent light brown and tan earth toned color scheme with Brady Bunch chairs and a table blah blah blah. I am getting nauseous just thinking about the shop. I have purchased everything I own (vape gear and juice) online with the exception of 1 bottle of juice from the blah vape shop and I am sorry if this sounds like bragging I am just trying to show my willingness to spend money on vaping but have nowhere locally to do so-so I have spent thousands of dollars(yes I am hooked on every aspect of vaping) over the last 3 years and still I can't find a decent local place to give my business to. I have a lot of gear and tons of juice and it pisses me off that the vaping community in the Lehigh Valley has no where to go and no way of spending our money locally. Anyone else feel the same way? I am willing to get my hands dirty and organize but I have nothing to go on. Wow I just depressed the hell out of myself.

9. Roccov

Roccov Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    Philly
    I hear ya Sir! Your story mimics mine as well. Coming up on three years and still cannot find a B&M that feels comfortable. I have even been asked to leave one that was trying to sell a complete newbie a 50w box mod with a dripper with some crappy re-wrapped batteries. I could not keep my mouth shut about how that setup might be a little too advanced for this guy who seemed to be in his fifties and just really wanted to get off the stinkies. I know the choices are much better than when we started but there is still a learning curve to do things safely. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

10. Apulo

Apulo Full Member Verified Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    Hello from Spring City! I really wish there were more B&Ms near me. The only two that I know of within bus distance (I don't drive) are both head shops that dabble in vaping gear.

11. MikeE3

MikeE3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Check out Liberty Vapor in Phoenixville, good shop & nice people. Looks like the SEPTA King of Prussia to Limerick line connects between Spring City and P-ville.

12. Apulo

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    I'll have to check in to that. I have been doing pretty well so far with online purchases.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

13. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Unfortunately online buying is the least expensive way to shop for Vaping Products. I only look in B&M's for the fun of it.

14. Apulo

Oct 27, 2014
    Spring City, PA
    I'm still kind of new to vaping (a couple months) so I'm trying to find an all-day liquid I like. The only reason I'm really searching for a B&M is to try out some new juices.

15. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Another reason to go to B&M's. They always have a lot of liquids to sample.

16. MsShona

MsShona Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2014
    McKeesport, PA, USA
    I'm in McKeesport, PA ~ southwestern part of the state (not far from Pittsburgh)

17. MsShona

MsShona Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2014
    McKeesport, PA, USA
    Wow interesting! I lived in Allentown, PA when I was a kid (ages 8 to 12). I haven't been back there really since....but I remember how utterly different the place was culturally from western, PA. Also I lived in Miami (North Miami Beach specifically) for 8 years. So looks like we trekked similar journeys! Vape shops seem to be popping up left and right out here. I'm so busy, I hardly have time to frequent and check them out. There is one not too far from my house. Great guy...cuts you a deal. So good for hardware. However he makes his house e-juice, so the pickings are slim if you are looking for a different vendor (he has them, just not in any great quantity). His house e-juice is kinda underwhelming quite honestly. The other vape shop I've been too is by a shopping mall. Better selection in hardware and e-juices. However the prices are high on everything. :p

18. jcolom

jcolom Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Pittsburgh
    going on my 4th week of vaping. Pittsburgh.

19. fyrefiend

fyrefiend Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hi all!
    Checking in from Delco.

20. Roccov

Roccov Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    Philly
    Welcome! Enjoy the day!:2cool: