• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pennsylvania Vapers - Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hey guys. I figured I'd introduce myself, but doesn't really seem like there is that much activity here. I'm Serenity and I was born and raised in SW PA. I've spent about 20 years away and recently moved back to my hometown again. Anyone else from the Pittsburgh area? I'd like to get involved in some type of vaping group here because every single person I've had the pleasure of meeting in the vaping community has been really cool. I realize my location still says New Mexico - it's where I moved from and I haven't had a chance to change it yet. I've noticed that people in the area don't seem to be quite as tolerant of vaping in public as they were in Albuquerque. Just an observation, not a criticism :)

Welcome back to PA. A good friend of mine just relocated to the area you left. Yep, not a lot of activity in this thread but it give a place for new comers to ECF to drop in.

Like Ricks I vape everywhere and don't get complaints - just curiosity from non-vapers and good conversation w/ other vapers. I can even vape in my local barber shop - about 1/2 the barbers are vapers.

Serenity

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Land of Entrapment (NM, USA)
Glad to hear that no one else has had any problems. I only mentioned this because I was asked to put it away on 3 separate occasions since I've been back. That never used to happen to me. It's not a HUGE deal, I put it away. I was simply surprised.

Oh very cool, ABQ is an awesome place; I think your friend will enjoy it. There's a vape shop out there; Rt 66 Vapor. They're great people. I don't know if your friend vapes or not, but they know what they're talking about down there. I'll also go check out Steel City Vapers, thanks. I've never met any group of people that are more welcoming than the vaping community. I mean where else can you go where a total stranger will come up to you and say, "Oh what mod is that?" Then, you find yourself talking to this person for a half hour all about mods and setups...types of liquids...etc. It's just awesome :)

amerwine

Sep 30, 2014
Pine Grove PA
Hey to all you vaper and vapettes.

greetings from Schuylkill County PA

If you are a "Skook" welcome to the vaping community!

I have been cigarette free for 8 months. Quite an accomplishment considering I have smoked since the age of 16. I actually enjoyed smoking but hated the cost, the smell, mess, inconvenience, etc........

I was at a local farmers market and there was a vendor selling e cigarette starter kits. My hubby and me (who is a smoker too) tried out this weird looking contraption. We really like the taste and most of all it seemed like we were still smoking and had the nicotine to keep us happy. We bought one kit and returned the following week to get another. Stopped smoking cigarettes in two weeks and have vaped every since.

The vendor at the farmers market has now opened a Retail store in Hamburg PA (off RT 61) and sells his own juices, mods, and a full lineup of starter supplies. He and his wife will make you feel right at home and help you with any questions. Sabor Vapors is the name.

Hubby and I travel around to many shops... Hazleton PA (penn vape) Lancaster, Harrisburg, Elizabethtown, Lebanon.....

We since have educated ourselves and upgraded to mech mods, building coils, etc..... Ok the money we saved from cigarettes when right into e-cigarettes but we have a new hobby, meet new people, and most of all FEEL way better, no smelly clothes, can vape in our house.

E-cigarette forum has helped me understand and trouble shoot many issues along the way and everyone is eager to help with ANY question you might have.

Glad to meet you all!

Allentown here. More like all over the Lehigh Valley and West Reading (Wyomissing, Wernersville, Shillington and Sinking Springs) I have lived in too many different places but Pa has always been home. Grew up here and all of my education was here in Pa as well. I have lived in NYC, Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton but again PA has always been "home". This is the worst area for group start ups and Vape shops. We have 3 that I have seen and while they are not dumps they are FAR from inviting. The curse of the German settlers being lame and untrusting makes this area hard to start a group. I am coming up on 3 years as a Vaper and I have NEVER met a vaper in real life and went to my first shop about 2 months ago. Blah is all I can say about the shop and the other shops (all owned by the same people) just blah ugly florescent light brown and tan earth toned color scheme with Brady Bunch chairs and a table blah blah blah. I am getting nauseous just thinking about the shop. I have purchased everything I own (vape gear and juice) online with the exception of 1 bottle of juice from the blah vape shop and I am sorry if this sounds like bragging I am just trying to show my willingness to spend money on vaping but have nowhere locally to do so-so I have spent thousands of dollars(yes I am hooked on every aspect of vaping) over the last 3 years and still I can't find a decent local place to give my business to. I have a lot of gear and tons of juice and it pisses me off that the vaping community in the Lehigh Valley has no where to go and no way of spending our money locally. Anyone else feel the same way? I am willing to get my hands dirty and organize but I have nothing to go on. Wow I just depressed the hell out of myself.

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
I hear ya Sir! Your story mimics mine as well. Coming up on three years and still cannot find a B&M that feels comfortable. I have even been asked to leave one that was trying to sell a complete newbie a 50w box mod with a dripper with some crappy re-wrapped batteries. I could not keep my mouth shut about how that setup might be a little too advanced for this guy who seemed to be in his fifties and just really wanted to get off the stinkies. I know the choices are much better than when we started but there is still a learning curve to do things safely. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hello from Spring City! I really wish there were more B&Ms near me. The only two that I know of within bus distance (I don't drive) are both head shops that dabble in vaping gear.

Check out Liberty Vapor in Phoenixville, good shop & nice people. Looks like the SEPTA King of Prussia to Limerick line connects between Spring City and P-ville.

MsShona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
McKeesport, PA, USA
www.rishona.net
Allentown here. More like all over the Lehigh Valley and West Reading (Wyomissing, Wernersville, Shillington and Sinking Springs) I have lived in too many different places but Pa has always been home. Grew up here and all of my education was here in Pa as well. I have lived in NYC, Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton but again PA has always been "home". This is the worst area for group start ups and Vape shops. We have 3 that I have seen and while they are not dumps they are FAR from inviting. The curse of the German settlers being lame and untrusting makes this area hard to start a group. I am coming up on 3 years as a Vaper and I have NEVER met a vaper in real life and went to my first shop about 2 months ago. Blah is all I can say about the shop and the other shops (all owned by the same people) just blah ugly florescent light brown and tan earth toned color scheme with Brady Bunch chairs and a table blah blah blah. I am getting nauseous just thinking about the shop. I have purchased everything I own (vape gear and juice) online with the exception of 1 bottle of juice from the blah vape shop and I am sorry if this sounds like bragging I am just trying to show my willingness to spend money on vaping but have nowhere locally to do so-so I have spent thousands of dollars(yes I am hooked on every aspect of vaping) over the last 3 years and still I can't find a decent local place to give my business to. I have a lot of gear and tons of juice and it pisses me off that the vaping community in the Lehigh Valley has no where to go and no way of spending our money locally. Anyone else feel the same way? I am willing to get my hands dirty and organize but I have nothing to go on. Wow I just depressed the hell out of myself.

Wow interesting! I lived in Allentown, PA when I was a kid (ages 8 to 12). I haven't been back there really since....but I remember how utterly different the place was culturally from western, PA. Also I lived in Miami (North Miami Beach specifically) for 8 years. So looks like we trekked similar journeys! Vape shops seem to be popping up left and right out here. I'm so busy, I hardly have time to frequent and check them out. There is one not too far from my house. Great guy...cuts you a deal. So good for hardware. However he makes his house e-juice, so the pickings are slim if you are looking for a different vendor (he has them, just not in any great quantity). His house e-juice is kinda underwhelming quite honestly. The other vape shop I've been too is by a shopping mall. Better selection in hardware and e-juices. However the prices are high on everything. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread