Threading stripped: eVic = Junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoleoleo

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
Montreal
It would be helpful to have some more information if only to help others avoid the same problem.

What kind of atomizer(s) did you use? How did the threads get stripped?

The eVic (like most ego threaded batteries) has two sets of threads: 510 and ego. If the 510 thread is stripped, you may be able to use an atomizer that has ego only threading such as the evod. If the ego threads are damaged, a 510 only connection should work (such as on the vivi nova).

If both sets of threads are gone, I am sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how that would happen by accident, especially as you said you were taking care.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
It's the 510 threads that are stripped. All my atomizers are 510 so the EGO thread is pretty much worthless to me. I used various atomizers such as: AGA T2, various phoenix RBA's, IGO RBA's, Kanger ProTank. OUt of all of them, only the protank will semi-work. It will hang in there but a slight tap knocks it loose. I've had this eVic since Mid April. So, 3 months.

Not sure how it was stripped to be honest. I've been using the Protank a lot lately so there is a lot of screwing in and screwing out to refill. When I used the RBA's it pretty much stayed on there since I can fill it from the top without needing to unscrew. Perhaps, the Protank stretched the threads out since that's it the only one left standing.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Guess it's all in luck of the draw. I change top devices several times a day and mine is still in good shape. 6 Months now.

I suggested To another user(z-Max) with same issues, to get the Ari flow controller like LiteCigusa carries. Perma mount it and your devices should not give you any more problems.
AirFlow.jpg

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Isn't there an adapter, like this one, that adapts a ego thread, to the 510 thread that he could use?

Guess it all in lick of the draw. I change top devices several times a day and mine is still in good shape. 6 Months now.

I suggested To another user(z-Max) with same issues, to get the Ari flow controller like LiteCigusa carries. Perma mount it and your devices should not give you any more problems.
View attachment 230094

McVaip

Jun 20, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I posted this a few days ago on another thread before I could post on this section.......

I just bought an used evic and started using it on Monday. Since I have read about thread wearing issues I decided to do some preventive maintenance to see if I could head off the wear issues - at least prolong the life a bit. I bought some spray on quick dry graphite lubricant and stainless steel thread adapters. What I have been doing is this....

1. Use the stainless steel thread adapters on any new juice delivery devices to remove any burrs or other rough pieces from the threads.
2. Apply the graphite lubricant to the evic and the Protank threads
3. Let the lubricant dry onto the threads

I hope this will help a little in the long run but time will tell.

Cheers

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
How long have you had yours - did you use it exclusively or with other APVs? Should we be using noalox or something on our threads to prevent this?

I would never think on use NOALOX or any lubricant on the atomizer conection, most 510 atomizer have the air hole in there and you will be vaping noalox, that is recomended for battery cap and telescoping tubes and i also would not use either cuz with time will create some gunk in the threading

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
if you want it to last get a airflow contoll like the one posted in thread and leave it on to help protect the threads ect.. my evic had same problem, this is not just limmited to evic- most mods seem to use the same type of metal for the threads, and some of the devices that attach have cheap crappy threads as well thus stripping the 510 connection..

How common is this problem? I just bought an eVic last night. Should I cancel my order?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well I am surprised, I just spent a few hours, trying to see if I could find an adapter he could use, I failed. All he needs is an adapter, that has a female ego thread on one end, and a female 510 connector on the other end. I can't believe nobody makes one of these, there are tons of adapters out there, but none that would work as far as I could tell.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
if you want it to last get a airflow contoll like the one posted in thread and leave it on to help protect the threads ect.. my evic had same problem, this is not just limited to evic- most mods seem to use the same type of metal for the threads, and some of the devices that attach have cheap crappy threads as well thus stripping the 510 connection..

OK, so since all of my tanks ( so far) use the eGo threads then I'll be OK.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
None of them, are like what I described above.

You will NOT find an adapter that screws on the EGO threads and has a 510 connection.

However ALL EGO/510 connectors are made to screw INTO the original 510 and provide EGO and 510 connections.

ETA - I see you edited your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread