throat hit too strong with 18mg but need it for the cravings

Status
Not open for further replies.

vape_freak

Apr 14, 2016
Hi All!

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.
I currently vape on my mini oddisey/quest aspire kit and vaping 6mg 70/30 VG/PG
Before I got the kit I was vaping 18mg same VG/PG on the CS air tank (Tecc Curve 2 mini kit) but on triton mini, the throat hit is just too harsh, so I got the CS air tank again and have 12mg liquid there just for the cravings but it's still too strong (I am using the cs air on pegasus mini) Do you guys have any suggestions?
How was I vaping 18mg before but now the 12mg is too strong in the same tank? Could it be the mod? Even though I am vaping at the same 10W as before. (btw it's the same liquid and flavour only lower nicotine)

Thanks a lot for any help!

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Hi All!

Before I got the kit I was vaping 18mg same VG/PG on the CS air tank (Tecc Curve 2 mini kit) but on triton mini, the throat hit is just too harsh, so I got the CS air tank again and have 12mg liquid there just for the cravings but it's still too strong (I am using the cs air on pegasus mini) Do you guys have any suggestions?
How was I vaping 18mg before but now the 12mg is too strong in the same tank? Could it be the mod? Even though I am vaping at the same 10W as before. (btw it's the same liquid and flavour only lower nicotine)

Two totally different devices, the triton mini heads have bigger wicking holes, more airflow with the purpose of vaping 1.2 ohm coil from 15 - 20W but your peg mod is more than likely putting out 16W when reading 11W and producing more vapor / nicotine than your use to

Last edited:
Reactions: vape_freak

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I agree with others. I've noticed that different devices put out vapor that just 'feels' different even at the same wattage. I don't know all the ins and outs of the chips and the algorithms they use, so I figure I'll just adjust things until they feel right for me.

I haven't seen snus talked about much on here lately, but have you looked into using it some to attack cravings? Not sure what the general consensus on snus is these days, but I use it sometimes when I can't (or don't feel comfortable) vaping.

vape_freak

Apr 14, 2016
Two totally different devices, the triton mini heads have bigger wicking holes, more airflow with the purpose of vaping 1.2 ohm coil from 15 - 20W but you peg mod is more than likely putting out 16W when reading 11W and producing more vapor / nicotine than your use to
yeah, I'm actually thinking of geting an istick again

Reactions: BrotherBob

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi All!

I've been noticing something....this is based on myself and friends I know who have cut back on nic, and also a hilarious thread on here where a guy was giving his girlfriend zero nic for months, and she didn't even know. Honestly, I think a lot of the nic fix stuff is mental. Sure, nicotine is an addictive substance, and it can cause cravings, but I really do believe it's more in one's head.

When I cut down from 12 to 6, I didn't even notice. When I try a 3mg every now again, I never have a craving anymore. I think most of what makes cigs addictive is the other 100 chemicals in them, and the nic is just what we give all the credit to. I've also read those new studies recently that showed how powerful the placebo effect is (short version- way more powerful than we previous thought.) So there is probably some of that at work here.

I say just focus on your juice flavors, pg/vg ratio, and hardware to find a satisfying experience that gives you the sensation that you're after, and don't sweat the nic level as much. Just my two cents. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread