Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
You will get somewhat of a reduction in throat hit due to using all VG juice. I would say that higher nicotine will give you some. There are also other factors to consider, such as top coil vs. bottom coil clearomizers (if that is what you are using). Another aspect can be the voltage/wattage you use. For example 4 volts would give a warmer vape than 3 volts.

Vap3N

Sep 5, 2013
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome to the ECF , Vap3N, the only thing that comes to mind is maybe cinnamon flavors or strong tobacco flavors maybe some NETs might work for you . I'm sure some other members will have some suggestions for you , I vape 100%vg but I prefer flavor over TH.

Thank you, retic, and to all. Very helpful indeed! I think its time to switch to mods and "up that heat" (visus). Just transitioned from v2/kr808d to egos, time to move on and up, it seems. Thanks again

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
I do 70vg 30dw (distilled water) from MBV. It depends on the flavor and battery whether I get a throat hit or not. If I get a juice that I want a stronger throat hit, I add a menthol. I also order all my juices with extra flavor shots. They have one called Extreme Ice that will knock your socks off with throat hit. Good luck & VAPE ON:vapor:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I use organic alcohol based flavorings in 100% VG base and get good TH from the alcohol based flavorings. Also, I use a Cyclone AFC dripping atomizer which also adds to more TH. pretty much anything above 6 mg nic is major TH on this thing. Lol. It's helped me lower my nic due to high blood pressure problems. My friend Vapes at 24 mg nic and she chokes on my 6 mg nic. Lol.

abasm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Condor, AB, Canada
I vape a 12 mg vg juice and I find I get my best throat hit from the bottom coil clearos like the Kanger T3 or the Evod, or from my rebuildible attys. The bottom coil clearos sit to hit best for me at about 4 volts or above. Vg liquids seem to need a little more heat for a good throat hit.
Best of luck finding what works best for you.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello,
I have not tried this since I prefer a smoother hit, but have heard that flavour art has a product formerly called Q-hit, now re-named as biteXtra for just the problem you described. One US vendor that I know that uses flavour art is freedomsmokeusa.com. Just my 2 cents.
Here is a link to the description.
http://www.flavourart.co.uk/bitextra-eliquid-62-p.asp

:)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If you're into DIY with liquids, Mount Baker offers Capsicum, which is a derivative of chili peppers. It's not spicy hot, but it does add a little bit of a kick to mildly flavored VG liquids.

A little bit goes a long way, too.

Throat hit comes from the nicotine. PG lets more of it through while VG tends to mask it. The masking ability of VG allows people to up their nicotine levels without knocking the back of their throat out.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Additives to eliquid DO NOT provide the throat hit provided by nicotine. Some provide a burning sensation but cannot duplicate the TH from nicotine.

Nicotine provides 90+% of the throat hit in eliquid. PG allows more of it to come through and VG mutes it to a degree. If you find your 100% VG is lacking in TH, then up your nicotine level until it works for you. Nicotine is not a carcinogenic substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread