Throwaway Cigar Smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Emp- I did hte same hting before ordering from loong- they turned out to be ok & fairly fast service- I'm not real thrilled abotu having to order from overseas, but so far the service has been good- but hten again, I only ordered two times so far- once from them, once from heavengifts which I'm waiting on. I could order direct from RuyanAmerica, but the price is double- $200 for 5 throwaways, plus shipping and handling.

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Hi Naz

I have three specific concerns about ordering from overseas:

How long will it take?
Is it compatible with my existing stuff?
Will I get hammered by customs at the point of entry?

I've only ordered from outside the EU once (from US) and I got caned by the Revenue. That was at the outset, these days I'd probably abandon the shipment. However, because this stuff is dirt cheap. I'm thinking of stocking up a bit, which I wouldn't want to just shrug off.

Still hesitating - any thoughts on the penstyle compatibility, guys?

Emp

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
it doesnt show any of the connections,so hard to say...most of these things are tho...

i think the only thing to do is buy pen batteries and atomisers together...at least theyll fit each other,if not your other cigs...

the mini sure looks like a 901...but of course even 901s can vary in quality...this sure is a cheap site,providing theyre decent ecigs...i hope it works out...

but i think i'll wait until a few guinea pig reports come back myself...;)

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
emp, i was in the exact position as you last night. 2 cigars, 4 atts 2 batts and some carts ready, waiting to press the pay-button. i trust the web-site. its solid, it wasnt just slapped up on the fly to sell the latest hot-gizmo on the market, and who-ever put it up seems to be in it for the long-hawl.

but i didnt like the paying options. i hate pay-pal as much as the next person but i trust them with my details. who are ctopay? and why is there a paypal logo along with visa and mastercard and the rest. do ctopay have to act as the middle-man for paypal payments? why cant they just use paypal? is this common in china? i wonder if anyone has ever used them. they also allow you to use western union and also route the money to a bank account in germany where it is forwarded to china, but this is too much hastle for me.

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
emp, you reminded me of my concern about import tax. how much do you think i would be expected to pay? anyone know what e-cigs are classed under in the eu so can look it up? can stuff slip through? can i tell the sellers to mark down the price on the papers to lower the precentage. i imagine this is common practice.

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
The tax is only half of it. I got stung for £28.22 on a package worth £105. Can't remember the exact details but about 10 quid of it was Parcelforce's administration fee, for a package they'd already been paid to deliver. Chewed a chunk out of my liver on that one. Didn't get anywhere arguing with them either - pay up or we send it back. I paid up...

Emp

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I received my L. T. throwaway cigar first impressions it looks quite realistic.
But the shock came with the flavour for me. Personally I find it sickly and awful Grassi type taste.
I can't really explain the taste of this weather they use is the same liquid as the others I don't know?
So basically I have not used it much as yet but wish it had run out of liquid so then I could try and refill it with something else but I am considering opening it up and trying to get rid of what is already there but I feel that would be probably a waste of money.
It's true about the vapour you inhale in and nothing and I mean nothing really comes out but you do get a bit of a hit but to be honest I thought it would be far bigger hit and it gives.
But I know that's how you're not supposed to smoke a cigar. But I don't want the aroma of the flavour of this liquid in my mouth because I find it to sickly for me.
As I am used to cigars as I have several real cigars in my collection.
So for me so far it's been a complete waste of money but I suppose if I can drip it I might get some enjoyment out of it.

But I also bought two of their pipes as well and the liquid that comes with these seems to smell the same. But I have not really used the pipes as yet as I am waiting for the J. C. juice to arrive.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Emp it's just my personal preference don't let me put you off I was just expecting more of that cigar flavour takes but this one is nowhere near.
The only Jan T. carts which I've had bad experiences with tobacco and Marlborough the rest of being okay but whether this was a bad batch who knows but Jan T. have offered to replace them .

Philip

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2008
UK
www.philipnicosia.com
I received my 3 cigars from bestecig.com today. There was a slight delay which they informed me of because of the olympics but still only took 10 days.

The total cost for the 3 cigars @ $15.00 plus postage @ $20 to the UK was supposed to be $65.00

When you go through the checkout it says it converts the dollars into a local currency equivalent to $65.00

The strange thing is though I was billed in dollars to my credit card but it was for $72.19 and by the time my credit card converted it back into sterling the total was £40.40

That works out at £13.46 per cigar.

These cigars come in a variety of flavours and strengths. I got Marlboro, 555 and flue-cured tobacco. I have nothing to compare these with e-cigar wise although I have ordered a Ryan disposable that should be with me soon.

They came in simple boxes and you just push the atomizer in then start smoking. I've only tried the marlboro for now and my first impressions are it is great.

I'm not used to smoking large cigars so it is a bit weird at first sucking on this huge thing in your mouth but I'm sure I will get used to it. The draw is excellent and from the first puff I could feel the taste of the vapour tingling on my tounge. The vapour is pretty huge too both on inhaling and exhaling.

I think I must be getting a good nicotine hit with it as you certainly know you have smoked it after a few puffs.

It's too early to tell how long it will last but I will keep you updated on that.

Attachments

• ecigars.jpg
    ecigars.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 31

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I'm getting one for a review from BestEcig- Beci was kind enough to agree to send one so I can compare it with the Ruyan cigars that I did the review on. Phil- The shipping charges are $65? A wee bit steep- anyone know about CTOPay? Never heard of htem before- wonder if there is a charge associated with using htem? Also there is an issue with not beign able to pay with paypal? Not sure how that all works out- 13 British pounds would work out to what in U.S dollars? I'm glad ot hear the tingle and vapor are there Phil- what abotu hte taste? Any htoughts? A little disappointed abotu hte exhaled vapor though- would like a cigar with no exhaled vapor, but great puff vapor.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
it looks liek a box of 5 cigars weighs .31 kg, and on hte hsipping on the calculator, it looks like it says $23 for international shipping- which isn't bad at all- I certainly don't mind paying that if that is what it truly is goign to be. This will brign hte total of 5 cigars up to $93, which would make them about $20 apiece- The Ruyans work out to $30 apiece with hte shipping from Heavengifts

What has me worried though is that everythign on the check out process has the British pound mark before the price, but htne has a $ sign next ot it as well- I'm not sure if the price is $93 US dollars or $93 British pounds- if it's pounds, then the cigars iwll cost me $170 US which would be almost $40 apiece for hte cigars

Last edited:

Beci

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 18, 2008
There is Ctopay customer Service, If you have any inquiry regarding your online payment, you can also connect with Ctopay Customer Service: w w w.ctopay.cc

Reasonforpay service is always and support staff is at your disposal 24 hours a day to provide answers for any type of queries regarding your credit card statement that you might have. Please see our frequently asked questions below for possible answers to a query you may have.
Contact the support staff on1866 7235766(USA) for advice and help

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
I mailed Paypal to see if CTOpay was a legitimate partner of theirs (they have a Paypal logo on the site but payment is through CTOpay). The answer was garbled, to say the least, and didn't answer the question.

Is Ctopay a legitimate partner of Paypal?

'I am considering a purchase from a site in China. They list Paypal as a partner, and link to Paypal.com, but use Ctopay for their transactions. I prefer to directly use Paypal for online purchases and I want to know if Ctopay is a legitimate partner of Paypal as I have never heard of them.

Thanks

Dear,
Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concerns. My name is Ronald and I am happy to assist you further.

We are dealing with an unusually large number of email enquiries at the moment. Please be assured that your business matters with us and we are working as hard as possible to address all of your concerns promptly. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter.

I understand that you are enquiring about sending payments to China. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Allow me to help and provide you with the best possible solution.

upon careful review of your account, I can see here that you wish to send payment using Ctopay. Please be advice that, as long as it bear the visa or mastercard logo on the card it will do. You have other funding to choose from.

On the final page in the Send Money process you can verify and confirm yourpayment information before it is sent. The following information can be viewed before you send your payment:

1. Payment Details

This is the information about the member to whom you are sending payment, the PayPal member's user status, type of payment (Service, eBay Items, Auction Goods, Goods), amount of payment and the total of the payment being sent

2. Source of Funds

This section states how the payment is being funded and the last four digits of the bank account or credit card being used to fund the payment. This section also includes a blue link titled 'Change' or 'More Funding Options'.

· This link allows the PayPal member initiating the payment to choose a different funding method. PLEASE NOTE: If the payment details pageis edited, the funding source will return to the default method of payment

· Your credit card will only be available if your PayPal balance will not cover the entire payment

· Please note that once a payment has been sent, it is not possible to alter the method of funding. You can view the funding method ofpayments sent by viewing the 'Transactions Details' page of the transaction

3. Delivery Information

This section includes the address to which the PayPal member has chosen to send the purchase.

I hope I was able to address your concern accordingly. It has been a great experience to serve an outstanding client like you. I really do appreciate your patience and understanding.

We highly value the trust customers like you place on us. Rest assured that we always give our best to provide you with excellent, secured services. Please feel free to email us back if you need further assistance and enquiries. We look forward to doing business with you again. Thank you for your time and patience on this matter.

Your cooperation with our system will greatly be appreciated

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely, Ronald
PayPal European Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l.& Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions. Registered Office: 5th Floor, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

I don't really have a problem with the supplier, but I want better assurance than this from Paypal before I use the transaction method. As they sorta missed the point, I didn't follow up with another mail - life's too short...

Emp

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Paypal are awful at answering direct questions, they go all around the houses and still don't tell you what you need to know.

There must be a search term to put into Google that will give some indication if Ctopay is a spoof site or not. Maybe 'Ctopay problems' or 'Ctopay verification' or something. I'm not good at narrowing search terms but a bit of research should show whether they're a valid company or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread