Time for a contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
As many of you know I am a big fan of V4L and the V4L family! I know I have been away from the V4L forums here at ECF for a few days as I have been messing with some new, and new to me, devices. Even though I am not around here I will always have nothing but the utmost respect for V4L because it was the company that got me to quit smoking 2 times now and this time I am sure I am finally done with those nasty cigs!! Also I still haven't found a company that has so many juices I love!!! Plus even if I am not posting in here I generally still check the V4L area here everyday just to see what is going on! Anyways I feel it is time to give back to the V4L Family!

Lately my OMG VV has just been sitting in its box not being used. Mainly because of all the new devices I have gotten in the last couple weeks. One issue though is everything I use either take a 18650 battery or stacked 18350s so the OMG VV is the odd man out with the 18500 battery. If you have read my review you know I have had really no major issues with the OMG VV. Other than the random reset, but that had been at a minimum and (for me at least) with a IMR battery I didn't have the issue at all! If you haven't read my review go give it a read!

So here is the deal. I am going to give away my Black OMG VV to someone here in the V4L Family. I will also pay shipping. It will include everything that comes with the base kit: the device, charger, 510-808 adaptor and I am including 2 protected 18500 batteries(one that came with the OMG VV and the one that came with my OMGAD). Note: no tanks, juice or carts will be included.

And here are the rules! One entry per person. Just post a reply to this thread as to why I should pick you. Please just one(1) post in this thread per person. Then I will pick the top 5-10 people, depending on the amount of entries, That I feel deserve the OMG VV. Then they will be numbered 1-10 in order they posted in this thread. I will use one of the random number picker sites and that person will be the winner!!!! I will post the top 5-10 I pick and then the winner in this thread and the winner will PM me his/her address and off will go the OMG VV to a new loving home!

I will have entries open for 1 week, so until Sept. 25th at 1am CST. Yeah I work 2nd shift so this will work out the best for me. Then that night I can go through the entries and within the next couple days, depending on the amount of entries, I will have the top 5-10 names posted. Shortly after that I will have the winner posted. I am expecting it to be that weekend, around Sept 29th. Depending on the amount of entries I reserve the right to extend this giveaway. I do not plan on doing that, but if for some reason there isn't at least 15 entries in 1 week I will extend it 1 more week. I really do not expect this happen, but figured I would throw that in here just in case!

Good luck to all who enter!!

OMGVV.jpg OMGVV2.jpg OMGVV3.jpg

Now this is not a easy thing to do. I have been sitting here for about a hour now re-reading this and deciding if I really want to do this and yes, yes it is time! As some of you know I had a shipping issue waiting for it to show up. Also being that I never had a major issue it was always a good go-to device, but as I said it just sits here now and needs to be in a loving home where it will be used and not just sitting in a box!

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
You should not pick me to win it (for myself). You should pick this post to win it for my sister, militantbuddhist
My little sister is my backbone, the shoulder I cry on, my best friend. I want to see her succeed at her quest to be a non smoker.

She currently has only has a single ego twist. She's a bit of a cheapskate(love you J! But its true! and a bit broke so she hasn't purchased backup. I would hate to see her be stuck without a PV for a few days again. I was planning on giving her an eGo or a twist this upcoming week, but this would be way better.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would be happy to give a loving home to your Black OMG VV APV. I've not experienced the wonders of VV yet but hear that it is the way to go in reaching pure vaping pleasure.

A little over 10 months ago I visited my local smoke shop to pick up my weekly supply of smokes and noticed that they had these new fangled things called electronic cigarettes. I had heard about them but thought they were just a fad and could in no way take the place of my much loved (.........). Well, I thought I would give them a shot so went ahead and purchased one along with my regular weeks supply of (........). I never did smoke those (........). Didn't take long for me to decide that these things really work so had to upgrade from my original 180mAh batteries. I am now enjoying a tube mod with a 18650 3000mAh battery. No bells and whistles but I Love how long it goes between charges. Now I want to try VV but alas, the budget just won't stretch that far at the moment.

Should you honor me by choosing me I promise to give your Black OMG VV a very good home. Thank you for the chance.

BTW: I had been smoking those (.......)'s for 45 years and I don't miss them at all. Gotta love these new fangled things.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
It was because of ECF that I was able to save my own life. I quit smoking the first day I started vaping and never looked back. Now I feel better than ever before. In order to pay it forward, I spend my time tirelessly educating the newcomers. They all have questions and I do my best to answer all of them. It got to be too much to sit there and re-type everything in every night. I started to sound like a broken record! So I came up with an idea and began my quest to write "The Vaper's Handbook", a blog to answer all questions vape. It's still a work in progress, but it's a work that I enjoy. Each word I put on that page could be the one that changes someone's mind, helps them continue the struggle against tobacco, or set their mind at ease and never give up.

Thank you so much for the contest.
If anyone has any questions about vaping there is a good chance you will find an answer in the Vaper's Handbook. You can find a link to it in my signature. Good luck everyone!

aguitarjam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Blue Bell, PA
Wow. What an amazing thing you are doing! I also would love to win this contest! I have been using my eGo twist for the last few weeks and would love the chance to move up to a move advanced system but due to bills(and behind on them for that fact) I can not afford one. I am sure there will be better entrants out there than me but I figured I would cast my ballot anyway! If I were to win, I would then be able to pass my eGo twist to my wife who is also interested in moving up from her little tiny battery that lights up on the end. Thanks!

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
I would love the opportunity to give an OMG VV a new home. There's always a possibility that it would help overcome my current tasting problem (or lack thereof). My failing 808's seem to be intent on hiding the flavor that everyone seems enthralled with. I realize that my taste buds will have to take some time before they return to factory condition but I'm impatient and perhaps, with higher and controlled voltage, that state might be achieved sooner.

Of course there's the added perk that it looks really good and I can't justify buying it myself ;)

tnash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
US
This is something that I would really appreciate. All I have ever tried is one of those that look like a cigarette and tastes soo bad I haven't touched it after the first day. So went back to cigs , but have to get off them. Can't decide what to buy that won't waste my money like the first one, but I have to do something after smokeing for decades. Seems to be so many problems with so many devices and I can't afford to experiment. Thanks.

gogoplata

Moved On
Sep 10, 2012
New Jersey
First of all thanks for the contest! The vaping community is amazing. There is always someone or some supplier giving away items for other vapers to use.

The reason I think I should win this contest is not because I'm the most deserving of it, but I think because it would benefit me in my ongoing quest to stay off smoking/analogs.

In May, I went on leave from my company because of the high stress and worst boss ever. I was employee of the year, well admired by staff and other managers, but I just couldn't be around that environment anymore. Regardless, I went to the hospital for health reasons and came out of there with more understanding about myself than ever before. The support I received from my wife, family and friends were tremendous.

My first goal was to leave that awful place, which I did. My second goal was my health. I knew smoking needed to go to help with the health issues. I understand how hard it is to quit, I've quit 2 times prior unsuccessfully. When I was surfing the net, I came across e-cigs and vaping. I read more about it and decided to give it a shot. Now, I can successfully say that I've been off smoking/analogs for 29 days and I'm never looking back. It's not because of the patch or nicotine gum or pills, but because of vaping.

Ever since that point, 29 days ago I've made it my mission to learn and use vaping supplies. It has been my hobby, my passion and my lifesaver at the same time. I can only give my solemn thank you to it and to the vaping community for being that thing that got me off of the stuff that has hindered my help. As a result, I am now also going to gym every day and hopefully be at my goal in the near future.

I think winning this contest and the mod would undoubtly go into good hands. I will use it as I use all my vaping supplies as a continued lifesaver.

Thank you again for the contest!

AEW830

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Loganville, GA, USA
Dirtay, you are so thoughtful and generous in offering this contest!

I was just looking at the OMG VV today on Vapor4Life, wishing the budget would miraculously stretch that far. The OMG will make someone a very happy vaper!

I would like to invite your OMG to spend the fall and winter with me down south. I would take him into Atlanta, to Stone Mountain and wherever else I might go. Then in the springtime I would send him off to someone new to enjoy and appreciate. I was thinking maybe out west or to New England. What do you think?

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
Wow. This is simply amazing of you! You are most generous!!!

I have decided not to read everyone else's stories before posting mine (but I will go back and read many of them after I hit submit.)

I would love to give this OMG VV a good home. I do not yet own a mod of any kind and the budget dictates that I probably won't be able to afford one for quite some time. It is all I can do to keep myself in clearos and juice for my ego-type batteries. I would love to have a mod that gives me many hours of vaping bliss as well as allowing me to tweak the voltage to bring out the best in my juice.

Please pick me...but if not, I hope whoever does win this contest enjoys this beauty of a mod even half as much as I would! :)

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I have had mod's/PV's/ galore in the past. But I am in the midst of a custody battle for my 8 year old son. It has broke me and my family to the point that I had to sell a lot of stuff. Our boat is going next. :facepalm: At the time I had an Orion V2.1 and my dream PV Chrome Provari with Blue LED and Ext cap. Had to sell them and bought a used Buzz Pro. I then seen a sale for a $40 Cyclone PV and sold the Buzz to buy the Cyclone. The Cyclone was defective out of the box and the vender will not get back to me. Its been a week and although it does work it only works part of the time. I am in trouble here. Its been 7 days since I emailed the vender and have not heard a word. Please help me. To buy a pack of smokes its only $1.60 in my area. Have been tempted but really dont want to. I have been off analogs for over 10 months.

Edit. I called the vender cause the PV is now broken for good. They sent me my money back and my shipping cost too. Tonight I can use that pay pal money to buy something else. So I think this PV should go to someone that needs it more then I do. Thanks for the contest and good luck to all. :toast:

Last edited:

XIVChrissyVIX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
Wyoming
Why should I win the OMG? Well, I will be honest, I have enough batteries for myself, but since I am set up, I am doing my best to put together a loaner kit so I can help others begin vaping. Already, I have 3 people who are interested, but they are hesitant to buy their own without the ability to try it for a bit first. I personally cannot afford to buy a set up for this purpose. If I were to win the OMG from you, I would split all of my supplies into 3 different kits.....

My Kit: VV OMG & VV Box Mod (Current Kit: VV Box Mod, 1 EGO, 1 Extra Long Battery)
My Husband's Kit: 2 EGOs & 2 Standard Size Batts (Current Kit: 2 EGOs & 2 Standard Size Batteries)
My New Loaner Kit: 1 EGO & 2 Standard Size Batt & 1 Extra Long Battery (Non-Existent - I have 2 standard size batts not in use, but lack a charger to loan out.)

I have a good amount of cartos, clearos, and tanks to set up the loaner kit with a few cartos, 1 clearo, and 1 tank. Obviously, I am mildly selfish in wanting the OMG for myself, but there is also method to my madness. I only have two kr808d-1 chargers.

So....that is why I would like to have the OMG.

vexxygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Wenatchee Washington, USA
1) So here is the deal, If you choose me as one of the finalists, to then choose a winner from, I WILL DONATE THIS UNIT TO "tmcase" for the proceeds to go to Jennifer Moorea's fund for her huge deductible. Thanks for your kindness in giving away one of your very own units. My hope is to someday have a ProVari with one of Jennifer's beautiful phiniac tanks atop it! So for now, I will just keep dreaming of that moment and DONATE this beauty to the cause!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
My best friend wants to start vaping. So far I have given her my "hand me downs" which means she is using a Blu. She is an unemployed high school chemistry teacher, so doesn't have the funds to get started. If I win this, it goes to her so she can have a real ecig. I already give her the juices, but the Blu is not doing it for her and she says she still needs cigarettes now and then. She loves my eGo and uses it whenever she comes over.

I think this would do the job for her and finally get her over that hump of needing cigarettes. I have told her to get on here and start entering contests, but she isn't much of a forum type girl so I guess I am doing it for her.

She would be very grateful, I can assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread